PDA

View Full Version : Haha you won't believe this...

Motorhead350
07-03-2006, 11:01 PM
...not only is my car off the repo list I just won a 64 inch tv and Xbox 360 with 10 games. This radio station called a little past midnight to tell me I won. I haven't listened to the radio in years... I guess they never took me off their mailing list from over 5 years ago. :rolleyes: Well I don't know if I should enjoy this stuff or sell it and get closer to my supercharger. What would you do? Keep in mind I don't play video games anymore, I'd rather be outside.

Mike M
07-03-2006, 11:10 PM
I am about to buy a XBOX 360 for my kid...Lets talk!

sabtaj1
07-04-2006, 05:32 AM
congrats. Thats awsome!!!

DEFYANT
07-04-2006, 05:38 AM
Sell the stuff to ensure you can make the next payment! :lol:

Bluerauder
07-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Dayum Charlie ..... always one step ahead of me !! :D

SergntMac
07-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Good news Dominick, congrats!

MM2004
07-04-2006, 07:53 AM

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Mike.

Zack
07-04-2006, 09:02 AM
How much for the tv?

jimlam56
07-04-2006, 09:48 AM
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Mike.

Me Four!:lol:

mtnh
07-04-2006, 09:54 AM
...not only is my car off the repo list I just won a 64 inch tv and Xbox 360 with 10 games. This radio station called a little past midnight to tell me I won. I haven't listened to the radio in years... I guess they never took me off their mailing list from over 5 years ago. :rolleyes: Well I don't know if I should enjoy this stuff or sell it and get closer to my supercharger. What would you do? Keep in mind I don't play video games anymore, I'd rather be outside.

You don't think that a call a little past midnight might raise a red flag, do you? Who were the djs, Ron and Fez? Opie and Anthony? O and A gave away a hundred thousand $ a few years ago, it turned out to be the candy bar. Needless to say, the 107th caller that won it was pretty piossed. Good luck with your winnings.

Pat
07-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Motorhead350,

It's a sign. God is pleased and has had your car removed from the repo list and sent you a gift as confirmation (real or not, doesn't matter).

Your situation has changed for the better now, remember to offer thanks.

Uncle Pat

SergntMac
07-04-2006, 02:15 PM
You don't think that a call a little past midnight might raise a red flag, do you? Who were the djs, Ron and Fez? Opie and Anthony? O and A gave away a hundred thousand $ a few years ago, it turned out to be the candy bar. Needless to say, the 107th caller that won it was pretty piossed. Good luck with your winnings.Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but why spoil the kid's excitement. Believe it when it shows up, with no strings attached.

I've seen these scams before, where the winner has won maybe free shipping, or, the first payment. But, he did agree to be a winner, and now has XXXX sitting at his doorstep, with a payment plan attached. This scam gets senior citizens all the time. The scammers don't hide but double talk you so convincingly on who said what, that you begin to wonder about the senior's mental health. It's never a good case after that, and the scammers know it.

Still, the kid's luck may have changed, for once.

jgc61sr2002
07-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I was wondering myself. Almost sounds too good to be true.
Keep us posted.

Motorhead350
07-04-2006, 06:00 PM
HA Guess what.... turns out it was a prank call. I even went to the studio to the radio station and they said no one works here by the name of the person that called me. Also the caller ID was blocked. I didn't see it at the time being that I picked up from an "old school" phone thats called a rotory phone with no caller ID. Well to tell you all the truth I really didn't care. I mean it kinda made me mad that I got going an hour early to take of this before work, but I knew it was too good to be true. Being that I'm a musician I actually came up with a song about this called "I was pranked." Total blues feel... So hey some good came outta this and the true gift to me was getting my car off the repo list. I'd take that over a TV anyday. :coolman: But whoever made that call must have low self esteem if they make themselves feel good by making others feel bad... and they failed to make me feel bad anyway so what a crappy day they had. :P

Mike M
07-04-2006, 06:09 PM
What the? Rotary phone? Were you dreaming when this all happened?

Tallboy
07-04-2006, 06:13 PM
...and then this one time...at Band Camp...

Motorhead350
07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
......I didn't know you could do that with a drumstick. :D