PDA

View Full Version : Finally got that FOX Mustang!

TooManyFords
07-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Well, actually got TWO of them yesterday. What are the odds?!?

I won a Red 93 Convertible on eBay yesterday that is loaded and looks awesome inside and out for only $2400. Couldn't believe it! Ok, it is a 4-cylinder, but it has all the options and everything looks brand new.

The second one I picked up locally for $1500, A black 85 5.0 that has a better than average rust-free body, fastback and ready to mod for the track.

Now I have to find a place to put them!

Here is a link to the auction Stang:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290002486533&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSAA% 3AUS%3A31

I'll get pictures of the Black on this week.

Cheers

john

SergntMac
07-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Oh boy...Here we go!

Congrats, John! Nice looking car. The MPG should be a real benefit.

fastblackmerc
07-05-2006, 08:05 AM
What a steal on the red one... WTG!!! :banana2:

KillJoy
07-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Nice price on that 4-Banger. Have been looking for one myself.

So......you gonna Tub and install a HUGE blower on the black one????

:D :D :D

KillJoy

MM03MOK
07-05-2006, 08:16 AM
And you thought you built a big enough garage! :congrats:

TooManyFords
07-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Nice price on that 4-Banger. Have been looking for one myself.

So......you gonna Tub and install a HUGE blower on the black one????

:D :D :D

KillJoy

I gotta get the Marauder done first!!

But no, I'm thinking TURBOs for the Stang...

John

KillJoy
07-05-2006, 08:25 AM
TURBOs

Hmmmmm...... Thats sounds like MULTIPLE to me :D

Be kinda cool. Have any Vendor in mind, or a custom setup?

KillJoy

TooManyFords
07-05-2006, 08:28 AM
You really are the official Pot Stirrer!

Well, whatever Marty does, I gotta go one better!

(LOL!)

John

[let the smack trash talkin' begin!]

jimlam56
07-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Good deal on the 'vert.
I know the 4 banger won't be in there long, but it's a good little motor.
Have the same thing in one of my Rangers, over 200k with no problems at all, still runs strong!

1 Bad Merc
07-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Hi John,

Congrats on the mustangs. If you are going to go turbo on the red one and dont want to change the 4 banger engine (Not sure if it's the same engine that went into the SVO) Harry at Precision turbo in Indiana turbo'ed his' SVO and had it running low tens. If it's the same engine he might have some tips or ideas on the parts you will need to do this. I saw his' Mustang SVO run at a Buick Grand National event a couple of years ago at RT 41 drag strip and that car was just plain sick... He told me he built it as a ultimate street sleeper and won a ton of races with this thing. Just a suggestion and not sure it applies but I figured I would throw it out for you to look at.

Joe Walsh
07-05-2006, 03:18 PM
A Black 85 Mustang 5.0 Fastback!?:banana: :banana2:

NICE CHOICE!

I love mid 80s four-eyed stangs...(see my signature)

TooManyFords
07-05-2006, 05:03 PM
No, the Red one I'm leaving alone except for maybe a set of chrome Cobra R rims. I'm not even sure that SCT or Diablo could program any more out of it!

The 85 will be the one to get pounded on at the track! I'm even thinking of getting a 4.6 for it like the Marauder. That would be sweet!

John

AzMarauder
07-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Not a bad deal on the Vert. What 4cyl Engine did Ford use that had twin plugs per cyl?

Joe Walsh
07-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Not a bad deal on the Vert. What 4cyl Engine did Ford use that had twin plugs per cyl?

I know that the Ranger trucks with the 2.3L 4 cylinder had twin plugs...I don't know if the 2.3L Mustangs ever got the twin plug heads.

martyo
07-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood Brother!

TooManyFords
07-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood Brother!

If you have any hand-me-downs you want to contribute to the cause, just let me know. ;)

Cheers!

john

martyo
07-05-2006, 08:16 PM
If you have any hand-me-downs you want to contribute to the cause, just let me know. ;)

Cheers!

john

You missed out on the V8 will pulled from the Yellow car. I will post up some pics next week of the progress on that car. I do have a nice set of silver ponies and BFG's.

TooManyFords
07-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Fox Mustang Update...

The 93 red convertible turned out to be NOT what was described in the auction... (Big Surprise!) After driving 90 miles south of Indy it turned out to be worth about $100. I walked away from it but enjoyed a wonderful weekend trip with my mother and step-dad. (With mom anyway!)

The Black one? Well, it ran and that's about all. I walked away from that one too.

But nobody likes a quitter!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130003923857

Maybe this one will be the daily driver I've been looking for. I wonder if it is HOT in Tempe, AZ this time of year?! :D

Now to book a flight!

John

martyo
07-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Did you have any trouble getting out of your e-bay bid?

AzMarauder
07-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Ah.. VERY HOT in Tempe this time of year !

Congrats on your purchase!

My wife is looking at three different Mustang Verts. I have a roadtrip pending... I just don't know yet if it is to Fort Wayne, Denver, or Los Angeles.

TooManyFords
07-16-2006, 08:03 PM
No problem after I explained to the guy that what his "friend" has posted was clearly not what the car was. The hood had hail damage, the air bag light was flashing, the air did not blow cold, the battery was missing the hold-down, the door locks were broke, the top did NOT go down, the side trim on the doors was pealed back and it appeared that he did not paint the word Mustang white in the front bumper but instead found a white bumper and painted the rest red! Yeah, this car had front end damage that he did not disclose and thus the problems with all the rest of the stuff above.

He agreed and we just parted friends.

Always take cash when you buy an eBay car so you can walk away or negotiate it down for undisclosed problems.

Now, about those pony rims...

:D

John

TooManyFords
07-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Ah.. VERY HOT in Tempe this time of year !

Congrats on your purchase!

My wife is looking at three different Mustang Verts. I have a roadtrip pending... I just don't know yet if it is to Fort Wayne, Denver, or Los Angeles.

Are you close to Tempe? We could do lunch or something before I head back to Iowa!

Cheers

john

AzMarauder
07-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Are you close to Tempe? We could do lunch or something before I head back to Iowa!

Cheers

john

John,

Nope.. I'm Sierra Vista, Az. (down on the border) about 160 miles from Tempe.

Mike Mielinicki (sp on the last name) and Mongo both live up that way tho.

Mike lives in Anthem which is North of Tempe.

When are you coming down?

TooManyFords
07-16-2006, 08:08 PM
When are you coming down?

I'm going to try to fly in this coming Friday and drive it home over the weekend. We'll see!

Cheers

john

Vortech347
07-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Fox stangs rule. I will ALWAYS have mine.