PDA

View Full Version : Busted!

SergntMac
07-07-2006, 05:39 PM
So...Here I am at www.midwestcarexchange.com (http://www.midwestcarexchange.com) and wrapping up the "final" details of being a client.

I just made my last pitch point with "Guy" (yes, his real name) over the "rare" and "unique" aspects a Marauder at large, let alone a supercharged Marauder, or, the very first supercharged ever in history, and it's limited production and availability world-wide in stock trim, and my "#1x" status among those 11,000 cars, and...Who pulls up...

WMSMILEY!

Yeah...

A pristine silver birch Marauder with a Trilogy kit under the hood, and Florida plates to boot!

Rare...Unique...Yeah, right. "Unique" my azz, "rare" this...

No problems though, one or two "coughs" fixed it, and the agreement (for now) moved forward.

(It was nice to see you around here again this summr, Bill. Thanks for stopping by, Beers and cheers all around, eh? E-mail me at SergntMac@aol.com (SergntMac@aol.com), call me at 312.401.1396).

WTF?

Only 11,000 of these Marauder cars, ever. And one has to find me at such a critical moment...

Just my luck, eh?

Cobra25
07-07-2006, 06:56 PM
That's funny. Just Like Bill ,Always their to lend a helping hand. I hope you bought my Buddy Bill a Beer. Thanks for the story.

Eric91Z
07-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Getting rid of one of your Marauders? What's up with that? Or just hanging out talking with them?

Donny Carlson
07-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Getting rid of one of your Marauders? What's up with that? Or just hanging out talking with them?

He's selling the KB #1x. They'll have to fix their pull down menu on their web site. It only shows Gran Marquis at this time.

SergntMac
07-08-2006, 04:51 AM
ROTFLMAO, well there ya have it, folks. How to go from a funny story with some of life's irony attached, to a critique of a web site's software, in four easy steps.

Sigh...Only at the MM.Net...

RoyLPita
07-08-2006, 04:58 AM
Great story, Mac. :up:

MM2004
07-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Mac,

It's one thing getting "busted" as a civilian.

A whole new level when a LEO gets "busted", eh?

:neener:
:rofl:

Thanks for sharing with us.

Mike.

Hotrauder
07-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Mac, The story is funny as can be and just like the best laid plans of mice and men. It is really illustrative of the speed and diversion of the forum that there are members on the board who do not know even now that the 1X is for sale. Blink and the news doesn't even exist anymore cept lost in the maze. Equally startling no one has grabbed that milestone and exquisite car of yours. Best. Dennis

DEFYANT
07-08-2006, 06:31 AM
***** Mac. I thought you were in trouble.

Wish I could buy that car of yours!

Smokie
07-08-2006, 06:48 AM
So...Here I am at www.midwestcarexchange.com (http://www.midwestcarexchange.com) and wrapping up the "final" details of being a client.

I just made my last pitch point with "Guy" (yes, his real name) over the "rare" and "unique" aspects a Marauder at large, let alone a supercharged Marauder, or, the very first supercharged ever in history, and it's limited production and availability world-wide in stock trim, and my "#1x" status among those 11,000 cars, and...Who pulls up...

WMSMILEY!

Yeah...

A pristine silver birch Marauder with a Trilogy kit under the hood, and Florida plates to boot!

Rare...Unique...Yeah, right. "Unique" my azz, "rare" this...

No problems though, one or two "coughs" fixed it, and the agreement (for now) moved forward.

(It was nice to see you around here again this summr, Bill. Thanks for stopping by, Beers and cheers all around, eh? E-mail me at SergntMac@aol.com (SergntMac@aol.com), call me at 312.401.1396).

WTF?

Only 11,000 of these Marauder cars, ever. And one has to find me at such a critical moment...

Just my luck, eh?

Great story Sarge, yeah you can drive 2000 miles across the country and not see one, just as soon as you proclaim the uniqueness of our cars...a Florida Marauder shows up...we are everywhere.:D

wsmylie
07-08-2006, 10:07 AM
LOL. Sorry Mac, sort of sensed something along those lines was going on after I pulled-up. I did point out to that gentleman, "Guy" the rarity of our cars in general and the special/unique status of your's in particular.... even mentioned that many of the MM net folks here considered your car as a true milestone vehicle among our already rare breed. Hmmm...I wonder if "Guy" might suspect it was all set-up:rolleyes: ? In my defense..... I had been right next-door, on a lonely industrial area side street, to where Mac was headed; was out front negotiating with the manager of a public storage place for a garage space to safely store the MM for a month or so while I head to Cleveland and Florida. When Mac passed-by I recognized his car from photos he posted here when he finished his red pin stripes (they look great BTW). Anyway...was good to see and talk with you Mac:) .

SergntMac
07-08-2006, 10:19 AM
No problem, my friend. It was good to see you again too.

This should teach me not to brag...

KillJoy
07-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Mac....if you really want to, I'll trade you MY MM for the KB1X. Straight up.... I won't even ask for a test drive :D

KillJoy