PDA

View Full Version : Ford 500 Question

wsmylie
07-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Hello everyone, just rented a Ford 500 for a month and wanted to program the keyless entry pad. I've rented FoMoCo products in the past and have usually found the cars factory assigned code on a card either in the glove box or hidden under the spare etc, but have been unable to find a card in this car. Does anyone have a clue where the number may be written out or stickered on this model (inside door panel etc)?
Thanks BILL :D .

Badger
07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Trunk hinge. Look for a sticker there with the code.

wsmylie
07-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Trunk hinge. Look for a sticker there with the code. Thanks Badger, gave the trunk hinges a quick look last night and didn't see anything. How big is the sticker and where on the hinge is it please?

mr.continental
07-12-2006, 10:06 AM
i know in the owners manual for the 2004 marauder it states that it can be found on computer module. so you might want check there too.

RoyLPita
07-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Do you have any friends at dealer where you bought the one for the missus? Maybe they can access the keyless code for you.

the_pack_rat
07-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Did you rent from a dealer or a rental chain(Dollar, Hertz etc etc) ?.

Many of the chains that allow you to pickup a vehicle in one location, and return it to any of their other locations within the US

My experience -

Hertz for one(may have seen Dollar do it too), has a habit of leaving a jacket or packet, hidden somewhere in the car. By packet or jacket, I mean all the loose odds & ends that are in a new car when it comes off the truck at the dealer, such as - but not limited or exclusive to :

The owners manual - a quick operating guide - service schedule - tire warranty - manufacturers warranty info(all the above often sealed & packed together) - spare keys/key code tags - the keyfob/remotes if so equipped - the keyless entry code card when equipped - and etc etc etc.

The spare tire compartment is a place you will often find this packet stashed, if in fact their policy is to leave one hidden in the car somewhere

I guess they do this so when the vehicle is sold, there is no having to ship the vehicle packet & extra keys to wherever the vehicle ends up when it's pulled out of service to be sold.

EXAMPLE - vehicle originally put into service at a location in NY, but when it's service time is up & it's scheduled to get sent off to the auction to be sold .... it's now sitting at a rental location in SC.

Not the most advisable practice for the rental companies IMHO. Especially when you stumble across extra keys - key codes & remotes. :rolleyes:

It is helpful tho when there's no owners manual in the glovebox & you need to figure out how to use or work a certain feature on the car. When I first discovered Hertz had a habit of this ..... I was making sure the spare - jack & all that jazz was there & I stumbled upon the packet.