PDA

View Full Version : Lost FM Signal Today

Dragcity
07-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Well, it finally happened. My first real problem.

I was listening to an FM station this morning, when all-of-a-sudden I get a ton of static. I checked all the other stations and get the same results.

CD player works just fine. So what's up????????

Is this an easy fix, or do I need a new head unit????

Due for my 30,000 mile maintenance......Didn't know a new radio was on the list.......!

fastblackmerc
07-17-2006, 10:07 AM
I think you need a new / refurbed head unit. Same thing happened to mine, scheduling appointment as I type this.

magindat
07-17-2006, 11:53 AM
I got my 03 300A radio still available. Ready 2 sell. Cheap!!!!!

PM me if ya need it.

marauder307
07-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Had the same problem with mine back when I had it...according to the techs, an internal amp fried and the only fix was a replacement HU (under warranty).

Dragcity
07-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks guys. Because there are so few Marauders in Sunny Buffalo. my dealer isn't familiar with common problems, or they are just not saying....

Going in on Thursday...

Marauderjack
07-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Joe,

There is a bulletin on these radios and they will either fix yours (it takes a week or so) or get a rebuilt one if available??:argue: I was in the second scenario with mine and bought one from a member up your way for $275 or so??:confused:

I still have it and a rebuilt one and both work fine!! :beer:

If you can't get the warranty to fix it I can send you this one to use until you get one......Let me know!!:)

Marauderjack:burnout:

blkwidowmerc
07-24-2006, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys. Because there are so few Marauders in Sunny Buffalo. my dealer isn't familiar with common problems, or they are just not saying....

Going in on Thursday...well another marauder man from buffalo that is where i was born and raised.been in oklahoma for last ten years with my job.

GAMike
07-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Mine fried last week too....... Must be a conspiracy:bricks: :bricks:

JamesHecker
07-27-2006, 12:17 AM
I had the same thing happen to mine today.

I love this forum. To come across this thread after the FM going out today is really helpful knowing that it is a known problem!

MM_BKK
07-27-2006, 05:58 AM
Mine crap out too...all static with FM band at about 35000 miles. I think a lot of Marauder's radio must of been defective from the factory. We should start a class action something...

Dragcity
07-27-2006, 01:06 PM
I stopped into the dealer yesterday and they put the new radio in. Pefect now.... Looks brand new.

I'm just glad it happened prior to my warrenty running out.

ajmishlan
11-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm on Radio number 2. First one was covered by waranty, not so lucky with the second. $298.00 in Houston, TX. That sucks. If it happens again, I think I'll be going after market. As long as I don't lose my steering wheel controls. And from what I've seen in these threads, I won't have to.