PDA

View Full Version : Shop at Sears.

fastblackmerc
07-18-2006, 07:12 PM
I received this in an email. I did check it out on www.snopes.com. It is true.

This has been researched and confirmed to be true;
you can check it out at the website from the bottom of the page. Let's all shop at Sears!!!

I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

So I decided to check it out before I sent it forward. I sent the following email to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item even if it was cheaper at the other store.

Here is their answer to my email.....................

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears

The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
webcenter@sears.com
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends, Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!!!! !! !!!
It's Verified By Snopes.com http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

DEFYANT
07-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Good info, thanks.

Attaboy Sears

Hotrauder
07-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Jim, great info and wonderful suggestion. I had no idea. Good on Sears. We finally have found the SOFTER side of sears they have so desperately trying to show us for years. I have a brand new appreciation and will be looking for stuff I need there first from now one. Thanks Jim and THANKS SEARS. Dennis:2thumbs:

juno
07-19-2006, 07:39 AM
I have been using Sears as much as possible lately because of this. It is also very convenient to be able to order stuff on-line and swing by and pick it up at your convenience.

STLR FN
07-19-2006, 07:43 AM
I have mixed feelings on Sear's, while I applaude their efforts to help out our reservist men and women while being called up, they can kiss my white azz as far as their auto service goes.

Leadfoot281
07-19-2006, 09:34 AM
I've always shopped at Sears. It's just like a smaller, much more convieniant Walmart, that has slightly higher prices and 500% better quality in everything they sell.

Craftsman rules!

grampaws
07-19-2006, 10:54 AM
thats a company that deserves the support!
Never use their autoservice but they sell alot of
qualty products..the 10 year old TV I'm watchin now
and many craftsman tools in my toolbox..:beer: