PDA

View Full Version : MM resting for the week.

Breadfan
07-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Well, my Marauder is "resting" for the week down in the country. It's at my folks house, parked in the shade. It's a nice change from the parking lot I'm forced to keep it in. Even though I do keep it closed off between a curb and my Mustang, I sure wish I had a better spot for it sometimes.

Anyway, its there and I got to borrow a pretty decent ride in return. A 1999 Camaro SS convertible. Been enjoying that as a daily driver this week. It's my dad's car, but he let me take it so I could replace a foglight and get it inspected for him. He hadn't driven it in a while, and it was overdue.

So I got it inspected. It has 152,000 miles on it, all stock, and runs nice. When I got it though, it was running kinda rough at part throttle and throwing a code.

So it got a foglight, rear outer taillight, and new state inspection. Tonight I just got done putting on a new air filter, and cleaning the throttle body, IAC, and MAF. The MAF was filthy, as was the IAC (and TB for that matter...).

When I was done it obviously was running much smoother. Code was still showing, so I cleared the PCM and it appears to be gone now.

Got a fuel filter in the trunk of it, but I'll do that over the weekend.

So not a bad deal, I get to borrow a hot V8 RWD convertible, my MM sits in the shade ready for a nice drive this weekend (no short-drive commute this week), and the Camaro gets an inspection and basic tuneup. :)

And my Mustang? It had been my attempted daily driver, but the A/C doesn't work and the dang drivers window just gave out last week! Too hot for that! (But otherwise is runnin' great!)