PDA

View Full Version : Stupid worker never heard of Enron?...

GreekGod
07-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Brian Pannebecker, 47, of Shelby Township was optimistic that Ford could pull out of its latest malaise.
"My dad told me that if I was going to work in the Big Three that I might as well get used to the ups and downs. To ride out the bad times and enjoy the good."
Pannebecker, a production worker with 10 years at the Ford Sterling Axle plant in Sterling Heights, invests 100% of his 401(k) in Ford stock and buys additional shares.
"I have dual interest in Ford's success," Pannebecker said. "It is my job and my livelihood but I also understand the need for them to downsize and be competitive."
"I'm concerned about the plant that I work at and my job so that I can support my family but overall, I would say that Ford is doing the right thing."
Pannebecker took a buyout from Chrysler in 1989, a company in whose stock he also invested heavily.
"I saw what Chrysler had to go through to survive when Lee Iacocca took over and it came back healthier and stronger.
"I feel sorry for anyone whose plant closes or loses" their "job through no fault of their own," he added. "But in the long run, Ford is going to survive. It'll come out a stronger company, albeit a smaller company."

marauder307
07-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah....but Mercedes-Benz has already merged with somebody...

...oh yeah, it was Chrysler.

Maybe Ford can stop trying to manage the situation and let Volvo drive...they're considered safe, right?:shake: