PDA

View Full Version : They Were Real -- and They Were Magnificent

Bluerauder
07-23-2006, 07:05 AM
I know why you are here; but this thread is about Crabcakes. The CAMarauders visited the Kentmorr Restaurant and Marina on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay yesterday. The crabcakes were fantastic. It is the only way to get the real deal. No ground crab meat, no filler .... just all pure lump crab -- the way that its supposed to be.

Whatever those things are that they sell in Virginia are --- they are definitely not real crab cakes. Way too much "hamburger helper". If you like seafood and want real crab ... visit the eastern shore of Maryland. :2thumbs:

Sorry Charlie --- but I know what you were thinking when you saw the title of this thread ..... :rofl: Seinfeld strikes again. :rolleyes:

fastblackmerc
07-23-2006, 07:36 AM
If you want "real" crab cakes you need to go to G&M Seafood in Lithcum, MD just outside of BWI. I judge all other crab cakes by these and I haven't found any others that will even come close to G&M's. I'll be at Ft. Meade, MD this week from Wednesday to Saturday. The crab cakes are so good, eveytime I'm in the MD area I'm required to bring them home for the wife & kids.... Will be eating at G&M often this week :D

DEFYANT
07-23-2006, 07:48 AM
I know why you are here; but this thread is about Crabcakes. The CAMarauders visited the Kentmorr Restaurant and Marina on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay yesterday. The crabcakes were fantastic. It is the only way to get the real deal. No ground crab meat, no filler .... just all pure lump crab -- the way that its supposed to be.

Whatever those things are that they sell in Virginia are --- they are definitely not real crab cakes. Way too much "hamburger helper". If you like seafood and want real crab ... visit the eastern shore of Maryland. :2thumbs:

Sorry Charlie --- but I know what you were thinking when you saw the title of this thread ..... :rofl: Seinfeld strikes again. :rolleyes:

:lol:

You got me.

Love them Mammaries!

I :banghead: got :banghead: a :banghead: cheeseburger :banghead: :mad:

Those crab cakes looked real good too! I look forward to a return trip.

Joe Walsh
07-23-2006, 08:35 AM
If you want "real" crab cakes you need to go to G&M Seafood in Lithcum, MD just outside of BWI. I judge all other crab cakes by these and I haven't found any others that will even come close to G&M's. I'll be at Ft. Meade, MD this week from Wednesday to Saturday. The crab cakes are so good, eveytime I'm in the MD area I'm required to bring them home for the wife & kids.... Will be eating at G&M often this week :D

Absolutely!!!!

G&M's are THE BEST!...Monster, delicious crab cakes!

I took Marianne and my Mom there about a month ago and they were raving about the crab cakes.
You have to order the double crab cake dinner because it only adds @ $7.00 to the cost of the entree, but you end up with one huge leftover crab cake for later in the week!
BTW: They were just voted the best crab cake in Baltimore magazine's 'Best of 2006' issue.

STLR FN
07-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Anyone care to ship some to me in Mich? It's been so long since I've had a good crab cake.

Joe Walsh
07-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Anyone care to ship some to me in Mich? It's been so long since I've had a good crab cake.

Here ya go!

www.gandmcrabcakes.com

ENJOY!

STLR FN
07-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Here ya go!

www.gandmcrabcakes.com (http://www.gandmcrabcakes.com)

ENJOY!Thanks Joe. I'll have to try them out.

fastblackmerc
07-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Believe me you won't be disappointed!!! Most of the big hotels in downtown Baltimore can have their shuttle buses take you to G&M.

Bluerauder
07-23-2006, 01:26 PM

You got me.

Love them Mammaries!
Wow !! I caught Joe Walsh with the same bait .... Go figure !!! :rofl:

I will have to check out G&M. Wonder why I never heard of them?? :dunno:

Kentmorr also ships their award winning crabcakes. I would estimate Kentmorr crabcakes to be about twice the crab as G&M (i.e. 8 ounces vs. 4 ounces). Kentmorr's price for shipping is 6 for $100.

http://www.kentmorr.com/crabcakes.html (http://www.kentmorr.com)

fastblackmerc
07-23-2006, 04:03 PM
I plan on being at G&M on Wednesday evening and possibly Friday evening. Will be driving a Hertz rental.... unfortunately..... :(

Bluerauder
07-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Will be driving a Hertz rental.... unfortunately..... :(
Tell 'em Carroll Shelby sent you and you want one of those Mustang GT500's in the ad. ;)

Hotrauder
07-24-2006, 05:10 AM

You got me.

Love them Mammaries!

I :banghead: got :banghead: a :banghead: cheeseburger :banghead: :mad:

Those crab cakes looked real good too! I look forward to a return trip.

Charlie, not to worry, you can probably get some :D crabby cakes at home.

LISA...JUST KIDDING.:rolleyes: dennis

jimlam56
07-24-2006, 05:32 AM

Been there many, many times!
A hole in the wall, but the best crab cakes I've eaten.
I stay at hotels by the airport just so I can stop by there for a few cakes to go!

Mike Poore
07-24-2006, 05:50 AM

I will have to check out G&M. Wonder why I never heard of them??
\

Hey Charlie? Um, just wondering why Joe hasn't set up a CAM meet for his favorite crab cake joint? :dunno:
I mean, with him taking his family, and all. What's with that, ain't we family, HON? :rolleyes:

Bluerauder
07-24-2006, 05:53 AM
I mean, with him taking his family, and all. What's with that, ain't we family, HON? :rolleyes:
Paging Joe Walsh !!! Yeah, what's up with that?? Maybe he was Downy Oshun this weekend, Hon !! :rofl:

fastblackmerc
07-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Just got back from G&M. Double crabcake platter..... still the best...

Joe Walsh
07-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Paging Joe Walsh !!! Yeah, what's up with that?? Maybe he was Downy Oshun this weekend, Hon !! :rofl:

Hey, ANYtime gentlemen!

I won't even get the engine warm driving up to G&Ms.

They even have a decent sized parking lot out back.

Joe Walsh
07-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Just got back from G&M. Double crabcake platter..... still the best...

I forgot that you were in town...maybe some CAMmers can join you next time you are in Baltimore.

Joe

Bluerauder
03-28-2008, 04:43 PM
If you want "real" crab cakes you need to go to G&M Seafood in Lithcum, MD just outside of BWI.
I was up in Baltimore this week on business. Went over to G&M Restaurant & Lounge on Tuesday night and ordered the double crabcake platter. Incredible !!!

Here's the site >>>>> http://www.gandmcrabcakes.com/ G&M will ship their crabcakes too. To order ... there's a link on their site.

Windsor58
03-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm getting hungry, now. You guys might have cost me some (mail order) money here! Can't get really good crab cakes this far from the crabs (Colorado)

Aren Jay
03-28-2008, 06:30 PM
They have a powder for crab cakes don't they?

vkirkend
03-29-2008, 08:21 AM

I will have to check out G&M. Wonder why I never heard of them?? :dunno:

Kentmorr also ships their award winning crabcakes. I would estimate Kentmorr crabcakes to be about twice the crab as G&M (i.e. 8 ounces vs. 4 ounces). Kentmorr's price for shipping is 6 for $100.

http://www.kentmorr.com/crabcakes.html

Charlie, I don't know about that. Those crabcakes are HUGE AT G&M....:eek:

DOOM
03-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Hey charlie i didnt even know about a CAM meet up. I would have joined the party.

Ms. Denmark
03-29-2008, 01:41 PM
We had crab cakes the last time we were at the Inner

Harbor in Baltimore with my Dad.............at Hooters. ;)