PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Dodge SUPER BEE

Directedby
07-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Think in the 1970's buyers thought the yellow was too bright?

Marauderjack
07-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Check out dem wheels.....a bit "Marauder-ish", huh??:confused:

Those cars don't do anything for me in any color!!:down:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Mike Poore
07-24-2006, 05:55 AM
I dunno, guys. That thing looks bad-ass. Two door cp with a HEEEEMMMEE, and I bet a 6sp to go with it.
Them Dodge boys are putting a big case of whup-ass on the competition (what competition). How do you spell marketing?

RoyLPita
07-24-2006, 06:10 AM
Is this your next "ride"?? I believe this is based on the SRT8 if I am not mistaken.

bigslim
07-24-2006, 07:14 AM
I dunno, guys. That thing looks bad-ass. Two door cp with a HEEEEMMMEE, and I bet a 6sp to go with it.
Them Dodge boys are putting a big case of whup-ass on the competition (what competition). How do you spell marketing?
Still a four door and still only with an automatic. Same car and drivetrain as the SRT-8 Charger.

DEFYANT
07-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Gotta admit, Dodge is on a roll. That thing is bad ass!

Those wheels are Marauder-ish.

Dam you Ford! Build and sell what WE, the customers want. Not what YOU want us to buy!

STLR FN
07-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Gotta admit, Dodge is on a roll. That thing is bad ass!

Those wheels are Marauder-ish.

Dam you Ford! Build and sell what WE, the customers want. Not what YOU want us to buy!That would be too much like right. :shake:

quota
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Impressive, no doubt :bunny:
Not a single touch of class, though. It leaves a chance to Ford to come up with something less...yellow.

By the way, has anybody heard about a new V8 Ford engine, named "Hurricane" ?

JP

STLR FN
07-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Impressive, no doubt :bunny:
Not a single touch of class, though. It leaves a chance to Ford to come up with something less...yellow.

By the way, has anybody heard about a new V8 Ford engine, named "Hurricane" ?

JPHurricane dead. Boss has replaced the name.

03SILVERSTREAK
07-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Hurricane dead. Boss has replaced the name.

Report: Ford Revives "Hurricane" V8 To Battle Hemi by 2008

Date posted: 03-27-2006
DEARBORN, Mich. — Ford has revived its 6.2-liter V-8 engine, dubbed the Hurricane, as part of a broader restructuring plan, according to a report in the Detroit News.

The engine will butt heads with Chrysler's SRT8 6.1-liter Hemi engine that churns out 425 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque, as well as General Motors' 403-horsepower 6.2-liter Vortec engine that powers the 2007 Cadillac Escalade.

Ford had killed the Hurricane a year ago but revived the engine three months ago to help maintain the company's leadership in the truck market. Analysts say Ford's Cleveland casting plant has received orders for a new 6.2-liter engine block, with work to begin next year.

The speculation is that the Ford engine will outgun the Hemi and may be used in other company platforms. It is unclear whether the new engine will keep the Hurricane nickname.

What this means to you: Ford needs a Hemi-style engine to capture the imagination of the public — and to hold the F-Series' lead.

So My question is - Which car will have the Hurricane V8??? once again Ford is putting power under the hood , but in their F-Series Trucks...

<!-- end legacy --><!-- (JSP_END) /InsideLine/InsideLineWeb/WebRoot/components/news/primarycontent.jsp --><!-- Footer content --><!-- (JSP_START) /InsideLine/InsideLineWeb/WebRoot/layout/footer.jsp -->

STLR FN
07-26-2006, 07:36 AM
The date on that is March 2006, since then Ford has changed the name again. One of the MCM crew works at Fords Engine Testing and has confirmed the change did take place. They just haven't announced it yet. Why dunno.

Also as per your posted article:

The speculation is that the Ford engine will outgun the Hemi and may be used in other company platforms. It is unclear whether the new engine will keep the Hurricane nickname.

Also here mentions a name change:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060326/AUTO01/603260358/1148/AUTO01

Many analysts were dismayed by Ford's decision to halt development of the Hurricane, which will likely get a new name before hitting the market.

Wikipedia 'speculates' the new engine wil go into the F-series first.

RoyLPita
07-26-2006, 07:39 AM
I believe that the article no longer exists.

STLR FN
07-26-2006, 07:41 AM
I believe that the article no longer exists.Which article mine or SilverStreak's?

RoyLPita
07-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Which article mine or SilverStreak's?

The link to your article shows that it is gone.

DEFYANT
07-26-2006, 09:35 AM
I like "Boss"

Imagine....

Boss F150
Boss Crown Vic
Boss Mustang

STLR FN
07-26-2006, 09:35 AM
The link to your article shows that it is gone.Must be on your end. I ckick it and get right to the article. I found it through Wikipedia. Type in 'Ford Engines', 'V-8', then find 'Hurricane'. Click 'Hurricane' link on the bottom of the page is a reference link to the Det News article.