PDA

View Full Version : The Northeast and Cheap Cars

GAMike
07-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Back from my 2000 mile weekend cruise so to speak with a couple observations.......(13.5 hours to Farmington CT from Atl. 15 hours back, due to ticket- more on that below, and the big detour on 495 in DC -Bridge work on 95 South).

Anyways....................... .
Why do ppl. with NJ, NY, and CT Plates buy cheap cars like Kia Rio's, Hyundai's and Saturns, and then proceed to drive the wheels off em? Coming up the NJT Saturday around 3:15 am, disappointed because, I had no rabbits to follow from GA to speak of, I get a fly by from a Kia Rio.... I was crusing about 80mph at the time, with very few cars on the tp. He went by me doing 110 mph.......
I did not know those rat traps went that fast:lol: . Anyways settled a half a mile behind him, and enjoyed the ride to Elizabeth/ Kearny area.

Same thing happened a little while later on 684 to Danbury. I was thinkin deja vu, but this was an Altima. Not quite a rat trap, but no MM either:D

I was just amazed. I have a lead foot mind you, but only in capable cars..... These guys take lead foot to a whole nother level.

On a side note, there is one very p-o'd 94-96 Impala SS owner in VA-Maryland-DC . with Piaa driving lights out wide like the Marauders..... he got a dose of the high side of the MM's power band. tried to hang but no driving skills, and when he started doing dopy things to keep up, I slowed down, hit an exit and got gas :laugh: Sorry!

The down side of the trip was I had to leave yesterday, and in my haste got my first ticket in NJ courtesy of my stupidity, and sharp young NJSP officer who found a perfect place to nab dopes like me. When I saw I was caught, I just pulled over and waited for him..Whadya gonna do. He was nice enough to knock it down a little too. Could have been ugly (93 mph in a 65, down to 79mph in a 65).

Humbling experience to say the least but again, he was professional and was showed proper respect. this I think, does alot to minimize misunderstandings between Leo's and civilians.

All in all, more driving than I have done in quite some time.

Oh well my mind is mush gotta rest.

Best regards,

Bigdogjim
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I love the roar of their engines as they fly pass.:laugh:

I was always looking for some parts to come flying out the side.