PDA

View Full Version : Mustang got towed...

Breadfan
07-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Well, my little parking sticker which I had taped to the inside of the window fell off on my Mustang. Walked out to go to work this morning and saw a big empty spot where my Fox-chassis used to be!

I had a pretty good feeling it was towed - or stolen. I live in an apartment right now and they require parking passes. So where do I park? In the back of the lot where no one else does. There's atleast 10 open spots on either side of my Mustang and Marauder.

The tow company is supposed to leave a 30 minute tag on your car, basically a warning to move your car.

Well, at 1230am I walked my dog, and walked by my car - nothing on my car. So basically the tow company drives through at around 2am - so who the heck is gonna see the warning note???

Anyway, I'm annoyed, but atleast it's not stolen.

The part that concerns me is if they didn't have keys they must've dragged it out of the lot while still in gear. (5spd car) I just hate the fact that so many people around where I live don't give 1 care about their cars and it shows by how quickly you'll get a door ding if you park near someone. The tow guys around here are usually a bunch of scumbags trying to steal money from people and they'll wrench your car up like it's a repo job. I hope these guys were a little different. Not all tow companies are like that - but a majority in this area look to be.

So anyway, it's sorta reignited my latent desire to part with the car. I am considering selling it. It's a great car - 1990 Mustang GT, 5spd, all original with 199,500 miles. I'd only really sell it becuase I want to build up an old Mustang coupe with a carb'ed motor to be a dedicated drag racing car. Just something fun to beat on that if it breaks I won't mind too much.

Car has many new parts, but needed NO major repairs. Local performance shop commented how good of shape the car is in considering the mileage - many lower mileage examples are well worn due to previous owners. This car needs paint, but otherwise never wrecked and not abused.

Then again for me to sell it I'll be wanting a fair penny for it...then again good shape unmolested Fox-chassis cars are getting kinda scarce.

Suffice to say I may leave some rubber at the tow place when I pick it up tonight. ;) ...then again if I annoy them they know where to find it :(

I'm just glad it wasn't my Marauder.