PDA

View Full Version : Window Washer (Computer Program)

DEFYANT
07-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Is anyone using this?

http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/windowwasher/?pc=64150&rc=1&ps=R&oc=7&mjv=5&mnv=0&bld=1286&cd=&dcc=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=en&loc=USA&opi=2&omj=5&omn=1&rsc=&kc=ppa%5Elkik%5E%5E%5E%5Ekdfi% 60%5Emk&rpc=4060

Do the resident computer-smart members recommend it?

I really do not have anything to hide. But I like the enhanced maintenance this program is supposed to do. Especially since I recently found a lot of internet junk cluttering up my computer recently. Dam hard drive was nearly full!

Opinions??

Blackened300a
07-26-2006, 03:28 AM
I have been using it for 3 years now and its a great program. We also have this program on our work computer. Its keeps the clutter out and makes the computer run faster.
The only thing I dont like is that it after a wash, I have to re-enter my screen name and password to get into this site instead of it being saved.

DefyantExWife
07-26-2006, 03:49 AM
i use a free program downloadable at www.ccleaner.com

the same thing though, you have to re-enter all your screen names and passwords, BUT you can customize each time what you want this program to clean out, and what you want it to leave it. (by checking/unchecking "history", " Cookies", etc etc )

It's nice. It removes all that junk in one fell swoop, um, click.

ROADWARRIORSVT
07-26-2006, 03:53 AM
My computer guy set me up with Window Washer. It hasn't really found anyting, but in all fairness, I also use AVG, Ad Aware, Spy Sweeper too.

DefyantExWife
07-26-2006, 04:52 AM
I use AVG, a-squared, and SpyBot. no problems ever since, that's been about 18 months now.

Hotrauder
07-26-2006, 05:46 AM
I use AVG, a-squared, and SpyBot. no problems ever since, that's been about 18 months now.

that is a quality endorsement. The places you go.... the things you do:rolleyes: Dennis

DEFYANT
07-26-2006, 08:06 AM
that is a quality endorsement. The places you go.... the things you do:rolleyes: Dennis

If you only knew.....:D

Thanks for the responses.

Mike Poore
07-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Darn you Charlie! :mad2:

I thought/hoped it was yet another great boobie thread. :D

My friend, Cal sent me one from FL, a couple of years ago, and it had this wonderful little girl with big, um, ta-ta's, and where ever you moved your mouse they would follow, getting your screen squeeky clean. There was even a wonderful squeegee sound as the job was being done.
:woohoo:

Unfortunately, Barbara "accidently" erased the program, after I demonstrated how it worked. (last time I'll ever show her neat puter stuff) :nono: