PDA

View Full Version : Floor board exhaust heat

ctrlraven
07-27-2006, 07:30 AM
I've notice since it's gotten above 85 or 90 degrees outside that during my usually trips to work and what not that the floor board/tranny hump start to feel pretty warm to the point with the a/c on I can feel the heat coming from that area onto my feet and legs. Is this normal for the Marauder or are my cats trying to tell me their clogged up? I have thought about removing the rear pair, I know it doesn't offer any performance values but it might make a little more noise and help the lessen the heat. Any thoughts or ideas?

sailsmen
07-27-2006, 07:45 AM
No feeling of heat and it's freq over 100.

Is your heater vents kicking on?

STLR FN
07-27-2006, 07:47 AM
I get the same feeling, 'cept mine is when I have all the windows and roof open.

ctrlraven
07-27-2006, 08:23 AM
No feeling of heat and it's freq over 100.

Is your heater vents kicking on? No, either the hvac system is off with all the windows down or Norm A/C is turn on and is at 60 degrees with the fan at 3/4.

Blackened300a
07-27-2006, 12:22 PM
I think you answered your own question with your Cats being a bit clogged.
I havent noticed any heat coming from my floor boards and since the cats are the only thing in the general location and they definitly will heat up when clogged then I would be looking at the magnaflow performance cats for a replacement.

ctrlraven
07-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah thats why I asked if maybe it was a normal thing with these cars or sounds of them being clogged.