PDA

View Full Version : My Next Mod cycle

Pat
07-29-2006, 12:46 AM
If I don't win the S/C raffle then I'm going to further modify my MM to increase 1/8 mile performance.

Considering that my present mods have put me in the mid to high 13's I think a 3000 stall converter, U/D pully's, intake spacer and DR cobra exhaust should do it. Right?

My reasoning goes like this: I rarely see the drag strip, but like to flex the muscle at the stop light interregionals.

Due to being on social security, a fixed income, retired and interest rates at 10% and going up the cost of an S/C plus install plus increased cost of owership (read gas mileage) is out of reach.

Am I thinking correctly? Sgt Mac?

Donny Carlson
07-29-2006, 05:16 AM
Am I thinking correctly?

Considering you already have nitrous on your car, the mods you listed, while helping somewhat, will be expensive relative to the added hp gains. The Stallion converter will produce the best and most noticable performance improvement, not so much the intake spacer. The cobra exhaust manifolds will help, too, but you won't maximize your gains without freeing up the rest of the exhaust system (higher flow cats and mufflers).

It's what makes you happy when modding, so far be it for me to discourage anyone. Good luck, and happy modding.