PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice - The Movie

Eric91Z
07-29-2006, 04:32 AM
Well, I am really kind of surprised that no one has started a thread about this yet. The movie premiered last night and I am heading to see it this afternoon. I can't wait.

We go to see very few movies at the theater any more because of the prices. Lots of times we wait until a movie comes out at the dollar theater before going to see it. But not for this Movie.

I am a long time Vice fan and don't expect the movie to be like the original series, but I hope they pay some tribute to the original. Kind of like the Starsky and Hutch movie did to that series, but NOT like Dukes of Hazzard did to that sereis (so I heard, no desire to see the movie, would rather watch the originals).

Anyway, 1:00pm show time today. Can't wait!!!!

DarthMarauder
07-29-2006, 08:06 AM
I am seeing it today but I think it should be good cause Michael Mann was involved and he did the original series. The local paper here gave it 5 stars. I've been hearing its like a today version of the series but it doesnt try to steal anything away from it. I'll check back and see your review cause I'm going later tonight.

Eric91Z
07-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Well, just got back from the movie. Ran right about 2 1/2 hours. Definitely worth the price of admission and snacks!!! I won't give it away, but if you like Michael Mann's style of movies (Heat, Collateral(sp?), etc), you will like this movie.

I am not a big fan of Collin Farrell and still am not. I do like Jaime Foxx. Other than that, I would have liked to have seen a little more boat and car action, but it was good. Great gun fights, especially the first big one where the Chrysler 300 gets shot up. Pay attention to the in car shots of that one, especially the driver!!!!

Excellent movie. Screw the critics. I would probably pay to see it again on the big screen and will buy it on DVD when it comes out.