PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Award Candidates?

O's Fan Rich
08-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Interesting:

2 people riding on roof die in crash

The Associated Press

ENDEAVOR Three people were killed and two injured when a van with two people inside and three riding on the roof crashed in Forest County, state police said.

The driver tried to make a right turn in Hickory Township on Saturday afternoon, but the van went off the road and crashed into a tree, throwing the three passengers that had been on top, police said.

It was not immediately clear why they were on the roof, police said.

Two of the three were thrown into tree trunks and died.

Authorities identified one as Eric P. Emery, 26, of Olmsted Township, Ohio. The name of a 17-year-old youth who died was not released. The third person landed in a creek and had only minor injuries, police said.

Michael A. Moorman, 24, of Elyria, Ohio, who was in the front passenger seat of the van, died after he was partially thrown through the windshield.

The driver, also of Elyria, was airlifted to Hamot Medical Center in Erie with severe injuries after being cut out of the van, police said. He was listed in serious condition there Sunday, a nursing supervisor said. His name was not released.

Rider90
08-01-2006, 08:28 AM
They weren't doing 20 MPH either...

pantheroc
08-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Less morons in the Buckeye state to hit my MM.

kj31067
08-01-2006, 10:06 AM
nature has it s own way of ''thinning the herd''........

Gre8one7
08-01-2006, 02:22 PM
wow...who wants to bet they werent turning...but just lost control where there was a turn.
When i opened this thread i expected to see mustang owners trying to show off(sorry, it fits in)