PDA

View Full Version : School Project Regarding Sales of V8 cars

Game Over
08-01-2006, 08:10 AM
All that are willing to help me, Thanks!

I have to draft a 10 page business plan no later than 8/16/06, and I need your help.

I give you "My WORD", this is not a hoax or business proposition, I'm using this site because you are my peers (Fellow American Made Care Lovers)

(This dealership does not exist; this is currently a fictitious name for a school project. It is for an Entrepreneurial Ventures course.)

Also note, my value proposition is that will benefit from the savings of not having to pay franchise fees, sales commissions, large building overhead, or destination fees.
My cost structure would be: my costs plus a minimal profit margin percentage. (I am thinking a sliding scale; the more expensive the car is the less the percentage)

Additionally, I hope the customers would come from Americans who have an affinity toward their hard earned money staying in our economy and not to some large corporate dealership conglomerate with foreign investors.

Would you please answer the following questions for me, Please include your First Name, Last Initial, City and State in your response:

Have you purchased an American made 8 cylinder vehicle in the last 12 months?

Would you purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicle with todays given fuel prices?

How would you most likely purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicles; Ebay, Newspaper Ad, Dealership, CrownVic.net or similar site?

What is your biggest consideration in purchasing an American made 8 cylinder vehicles (what would make you buy one today)?

****Most Importantly (For Classroom purposes only) *****
Would you purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicle from Game Over Motor Vehicles?

Thanks all that helped, I'll post my Final Grade at the end of the semester.

hitchhiker
08-01-2006, 08:26 AM
1. Market Analysis
2. Location Analysis
3. Facilities and Site Costs
4. Inventory Costs
5. Expected Sales and Income
6. Financing
7. Cash Flows
8. Staffing
9. Pro Forma Operations Statements
10. Executive Summary

:D

magindat
08-01-2006, 09:41 AM

I have to draft a 10 page business plan no later than 8/16/06, and I need your help.

I give you "My WORD", this is not a hoax or business proposition, I'm using this site because you are my peers (Fellow American Made Care Lovers)

(This dealership does not exist; this is currently a fictitious name for a school project. It is for an Entrepreneurial Ventures course.)

Also note, my value proposition is that will benefit from the savings of not having to pay franchise fees, sales commissions, large building overhead, or destination fees.
My cost structure would be: my costs plus a minimal profit margin percentage. (I am thinking a sliding scale; the more expensive the car is the less the percentage)

Additionally, I hope the customers would come from Americans who have an affinity toward their hard earned money staying in our economy and not to some large corporate dealership conglomerate with foreign investors.

Would you please answer the following questions for me, Please include your First Name, Last Initial, City and State in your response:

Would you purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicle with todays given fuel prices?

How would you most likely purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicles; Ebay, Newspaper Ad, Dealership, CrownVic.net or similar site?

What is your biggest consideration in purchasing an American made 8 cylinder vehicles (what would make you buy one today)?

Would you purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicle from Game Over Motor Vehicles?

Rich W.
Fort Pierce, FL
nope
yep
autotrader
power/reliability/vehicle size/comes on a frame, not unit body
maybe

Grifter
08-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Yes
Yes
Dealer, Online car sale site (Carsoup, Autotrader, etc)
Capability (Towing, performance, overall usefullness depending on vehicle type)
Fuel Mileage
Looks
Fun Factor
Depends on inventory, price, and willingness to deal. But I will work with any dealer as long as they will work with me.

Luke S.
Mound, MN (Minneapolis)

JMan
08-02-2006, 02:11 AM
Have you purchased an American made 8 cylinder vehicle in the last 12 months? No, 16mos.

Would you purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicle with todays given fuel prices? Yes, I'm going to this month.

How would you most likely purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicles; Ebay, Newspaper Ad, Dealership, CrownVic.net or similar site? Private seller, dealership.

What is your biggest consideration in purchasing an American made 8 cylinder vehicles (what would make you buy one today)? Longevity, safety, durability.

Would you purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicle from Game Over Motor Vehicles? Depends on the offering.

Best Luck,

Jake F. Clearwater, FL

bradical
08-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Have you purchased an American made 8 cylinder vehicle in the last 12 months? YES

Would you purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicle with todays given fuel prices? YES

How would you most likely purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicles; Ebay, Newspaper Ad, Dealership, CrownVic.net or similar site? Dealership (for new car purchase) or local private seller for used car. I would use all sources- eBay, Newspaper, AutoTrader, etc. to find the car.

What is your biggest consideration in purchasing an American made 8 cylinder vehicles (what would make you buy one today)? Value, performance, style

Would you purchase an American made 8 cylinder vehicle from Game Over Motor Vehicles? Would depend upon price (value), service, location of dealership, etc.

Brad B. St. Petersburg, FL

Bradley G
08-03-2006, 07:07 AM
My answers are the same as bradical^^ us Brads', have to stick together!
Best of luck on the project!

jonroe
08-03-2006, 08:28 AM

Jon R., Herndon, VA

No, 22 months ago, the MM.

Yes, absolutely.

Dealership (new), AutoTrader or equiv. (used).

Prefer U.S. companies/power/looks-sound/family size room/

Yes, if a good deal.

Bluerauder
08-03-2006, 08:51 AM
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]All that are willing to help me, Thanks!
Charlie G.
Woodbridge, VA (Northern Virginia)

No –- last V8 buy was the Marauder about 34 months ago.
Yes – fuel economy and fuel prices are way down on my top considerations.
Dealer following an Edmunds search. I tend to research, browse inventory, and look around awhile before making a purchase.What is your biggest consideration in purchasing an American made 8 cylinder vehicles (what would make you buy one today)?
1. Styling and Looks
2. Performance
3. Utility, size, capability and versatility
4. Safety ratings
Depends on the deal, available inventory, service record, and past experiences of others.

jimlam56
08-03-2006, 09:39 AM

Jim L. Macclenny FL

Yes, 2 Marauders:D

Without a second thought.

Ebay, Dealership or newspaper.

Size, safety, power.

Sure, if they had something I liked.

123456789 and 10...