PDA

View Full Version : The Gray Hairs are driving me Crazy

Bluerauder
08-01-2006, 04:36 PM
OK .... I think I reached a milestone this past weekend. Based on my unofficial estimate (as confirmed by the guy in the mirror that watches me shave every morning), I now figure that the gray hairs on my head now officially outnumber the dark ones. ;) I knew that the day would eventually arrive; just didn't think it would be last Saturday. :rofl:

The most disturbing part is noticing the number of dark hairs in the sink after "combing" my hair. There's never any gray ones in the bowl .... only dark ones. I'm losing the battle guys !!!! ;)

Maybe I should consider some "Mods" .... like:
1. Grecian Formula
2. Miss Clairol
3. Silver Fox
4. Naturally Aspirated (N/A)

Any insight or recommendations?

:jk: folks -- no offense intended anywhere. :cool:

jgc61sr2002
08-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Happens to most of us. The distingushed look.:D

rvaldez1
08-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Whos the guy watching you in the mirror? My old man once tried a magic marker! I wouldnt let it bother ya, you drive a marauder anyway!

TAF
08-01-2006, 05:06 PM

Uh...first of all...I like you too much...so...PLEASE don't say you're going to put coloring products in your hair....uh....in my book...there's no such thing as "mens hair color".

You'll end up looking like....

http://www.premierlistnyc.com/Images/52504Column/marv-albert.jpg

Or...remember Ron Popeil's GLH...where you SPRAY PAINT YOUR HEAD :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.idfuel.com/images/popiel/GLH_Hair.jpg
GLH "Great Looking Hair" spray system

GLH was thick, hair colored paint. In a can. It was paint for your head. In a can. There is no explanation that will make this make sense.

Larry Durham
08-01-2006, 05:19 PM
OK .... I think I reached a milestone this past weekend. Based on my unofficial estimate (as confirmed by the guy in the mirror that watches me shave every morning), I now figure that the gray hairs on my head now officially outnumber the dark ones. ;) I knew that the day would eventually arrive; just didn't think it would be last Saturday. :rofl:

The most disturbing part is noticing the number of dark hairs in the sink after "combing" my hair. There's never any gray ones in the bowl .... only dark ones. I'm losing the battle guys !!!! ;)

Maybe I should consider some "Mods" .... like:
1. Grecian Formula
2. Miss Clairol
3. Silver Fox
4. Naturally Aspirated (N/A)

:jk: folks -- no offense intended anywhere. :cool:

Them reason way you see only black hairs is because you are also loosing your eyesight also, Trust me I know:

GAMike
08-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey Blue.......the next oil change, keep some off to the side:lol:

Bluerauder
08-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Whos the guy watching you in the mirror?
He looks alot like my father .... but about 35 years ago. :rofl:

Hotrauder
08-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Blue, Cheer up. Not to worry, all the gray ones will fall out. End of problem:rofl: Dennis:beer:

bryanthomas
08-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Well I shave my head (not going bald, just prefer the look) so I don't have to worry about this. :) <---- self portrait

younga1
08-01-2006, 08:10 PM
I crossed over the 50% mark and it started falling out a long time ago and you've got 10 years on me.

I guess I'm now paying for playing the first ten years and having kids late!! Maybe it's the wife and not the kids??

Oh well, I hope bald stays cool for a long time, I'm on my way:)

Donny Carlson
08-01-2006, 08:32 PM
but something's gotta be done about the water level in the toilet bowl. That, or figure out some way of warming it.

Dark_Knight7096
08-01-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm 23 and I have a lot of grays, I'm not lucky enough to get a "salt and pepper" look out of them, I just have two huge streaks running down the side of my head (kinda like pinstriping, lol). Everytime it starts to show through I just have my hair dyed black, my sister is a cosmotologist (hair dresser) and she does it for me, i'll find out what she uses and report back cause it works wonders for me for about a month and a half at a time.

Bluerauder
08-02-2006, 04:18 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

but something's gotta be done about the water level in the toilet bowl. That, or figure out some way of warming it.
Time for a "booster seat", Donny !!! :rofl:

prchrman
08-02-2006, 05:21 AM
It's not the gray hairs that bother me...it's the eyebrow, nose and ear hairs that offend me and most that know me...willie

Smokie
08-02-2006, 05:32 AM
I hear you Charlie, my hair (on my head) is still black, my face...that is a different story, mostly white. I don't know how natural hair color looks on the head, but when my oldest got married my wife insisted that I color my moustache and goatee.

She said it would look better in the pictures....she was right about the pictures....in person it looked like crap, not doing it again.

SergntMac
08-02-2006, 07:19 AM
I'm pleased that at my age, getting a haircut is still a necessary thing to do...

Mad4Macs
08-02-2006, 07:24 AM

No you don't! After moving to Texas, I can give an unqualified :down: to the feeling of warm water beneath you as you wipe.
Yep, a steamy bowl of :eek:

ckadiddle
08-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Stop whining. I have been mostly gray for quite some time now and I am ten years younger than you are. ;)

DefyantExWife
08-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Maybe its all the drama of late in this place doing it to you Charlie. :cool4:

Marauderman
08-02-2006, 04:11 PM
I hear ya...But the first thing that comes to mine was----------SLICK 50!!!!!--OK --It was meant to be a joke---ok----But we all have /been or will be there/some day shorthly--anyway-the slick50 thingy was just a laugh--couldn't help it----sorry--------but it happens--------try and get a "flat-top" hair cut anmd darken your hair after wash--it works wonders I hear..........Tom

O's Fan Rich
08-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Hair? Who ever heard of hair growing on wood?

Motorhead350
08-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Before I came into the world my dad didn't have any gray hairs. :o Theres a saying in Japan that goes "The more gray hairs you have, the wiser you have become." Or something like that. Makes sense to me sense one of college roomates was starting to grow gray hairs at 23 and knows a ton about computers... well maybe I was to blame too. :D

Tom Doan
08-02-2006, 06:35 PM
I started to turn into an Irish white hair by 18 and it wasn't long after that to be pure snow, too much too early to think about coloring it to a color I never had.

jgc61sr2002
08-03-2006, 05:09 PM
IMO gray hair is better than none.:D

texascorvette
08-03-2006, 09:12 PM

For all these years, I thought only the dog drank out of the toilet.

Bigdogjim
08-03-2006, 09:27 PM
See Blue Mine is salt & pepper but I am so tall not many see it:)

Try a hat?

If you do change color I think it should match the car :laugh:

Bigdogjim
08-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Before I came into the world my dad didn't have any gray hairs. :o Theres a saying in Japan that goes "The more gray hairs you have, the wiser you have become." Or something like that. Makes sense to me sense one of college roomates was starting to grow gray hairs at 23 and knows a ton about computers... well maybe I was to blame too. :D

Putting 2 and 2 together Blue never had this problem till you starting posting? So you not only effected your Father but the effect is also spread to others:)

(j/k)