PDA

View Full Version : Best songs for driving situations

Motorhead350
08-02-2006, 04:37 PM
I know I start a lot of music threads, but people seem to enjoy them as do I. This one is about whats songs you listen to as you are driving through an area, what your cars theme song is or whatever, but it must relate to your car or what your doing.

1. As I am leaving an area I don't like I listen, to No More Bad Town -Operation Ivy.
2. When I got off probation I would listen to, I Fought The Law -Bobby Fuller 4, The Clash or Dead Kenneys... any will do.
3. As I do burnouts at the track or some place else I would listen to, Tare It Up -The Cramps
4. Just crusin, Mean Machine -The Cramps
5. Rushhour, No Particular Place To Go -Chuck Berry
6. Beep Beep works anytime
7. So does Hot Rod Race
8. If I am racing someone I would play, Race The Devil -Gene Vincent and The Bluecaps
9. Cruzin again, Route 66 -The Cramps
10. And when I work on my car usually any album by Social Distortion will do, but I love to work on my car to, Jesus Built My Hot Rod -Ministry

Anyone else have certian songs for certain Marauder experiences or drives?

KillJoy
08-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Flower by Moby

KillJoy

the_pack_rat
08-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Kerosene & The Repo Man Is My Enemy" ......... by the group Reality.

Motorhead350
08-02-2006, 05:19 PM
There actually was a song in the movie Repo Men (I have no idea if anyone knows of it) that was done by Iggy Pop... kinda sounds like Batman, but still sounds good.

ckadiddle
08-03-2006, 07:11 AM
For Highway driving on open road....
"I Can't Drive Fifty-Five" by Sammy Hagar.
"Nationwide" by ZZTop.

GA-Marauder
08-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Radar Love seems to make the MM go faster and faster and faster... :drive:

SID210SA
08-03-2006, 07:36 AM
The album back in black by AC/DC when going long distance....hey any one know the song the Little Mash Rambler?

StevenJ
08-03-2006, 07:43 AM
I can't help but to add my input to this topic....

I Can't Drive 55 isn't bad but you can do better than that.

My personal picks

1. Fuel - Metallica
2. Wheels of Steel - Saxon
3. Sandman - Metallica
4. Ride Like the Wind - Saxon
5. Livin After Midnight - Judas Priest

whoskal
08-03-2006, 07:55 AM
TOOL all the way

Bluerauder
08-03-2006, 08:01 AM
....hey any one know the song the Little Mash Rambler?
Beep, Beep !!! :D Little Nash Rambler. Nash was a brand name that died out sometime in the early 60's. The Nash's that I remember were small -- like the Nash Neopolitan --- it wouldn't take much to "mash" it. ;)

magindat
08-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Depeche Mode's version of Route 66

Planet Rock Razormaid remix (8 minutes long)

Radar Love (anyone's version)

Clear by Cybotron

Red Barchetta - Rush

Bad Habit - The Offspring

SID210SA
08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Beep, Beep !!! :D Little Nash Rambler. Nash was a brand name that died out sometime in the early 60's. The Nash's that I remember were small -- like the Nash Neopolitan --- it wouldn't take much to "mash" it. ;)

Thank you for the input....did not know it was Nash.

SID210SA
08-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Found the words on Google:
Digital Tradition Mirror

Beep Beep (Little Nash Rambler)

Beep Beep (Little Nash Rambler)cho: Beep beep (beep beep), Beep beep (beep beep), His horn went beep beep beep (beep beep).While riding in my Cadillac, what to my surprise,A little Nash Rambler was following me, about one-third my size.The guy must have wanted to pass me outAs he kept on tooting his horn (beep beep).I'll show him that a Cadillac is not a car to scorn.cho:I pushed my foot down to the floor to give the guy the shake,But the little Nash Rambler stayed right behind, he still hadon his brake.He must have thought his car had more guts,As he kept on tooting his horn (beep beep).I'll show him that a Cadillac is not a car to scorn.cho:My car went in to passing gear and we took off with gust,And soon we were doing ninety, must have left him in the dust.When I peeked in the mirror of my car, I couldn't believe my eyes.The little Nash Rambler was right behind, you'd think thatguy could fly.cho:Now we're doing a hundred and ten, it certainly was a race,For a Rambler to pass a Caddy would be a big disgrace.The guy must have wanted to pass me out as he kept on tooting his horn.I'll show him that a Cadillac is not a car to scorn.cho:Now we're doing a hundred and twenty, as fast as I could go.The Rambler pulled alongside of me as if we were going slow.The fellow rolled his window down and yelled for me to hear:"Hey, buddy, how can I get this car out of second gear?"+"RBoct99
</PRE>Thanks to Mudcat (http://www.mudcat.org/) for the Digital Tradition!

http://lp2cd.com/time/060220/the_playmates--beep_beep050105.mp3

Vortech347
08-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Anything Prodigy. Its what I jam to when I'm auto-xing

Blackened300a
08-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Lately my song has been "Ridin Dirty" by Chamillionare, but for the open roads I have to go with...

"Kickstart my Heart" by Motley Crue
"Battery" by Metallica
"Slave to he Grind" by Skid Row
"Medusa" by Anthrax
"I dont wanna be me" by Type O negative
and of course
"Ready Steady Go" by Paul Oakenfold