PDA

View Full Version : Anything to do in Georgia?

O's Fan Rich
08-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Ok, if I re-arrange my schedule to attend SSHS6 on 11/4 and then MVIV starting the 8th... is there something that Michelle and I can do in GA in between?
We're thinking maybe hanging out in Savannah and meeting up with the caravan of MM's from up north.

Any suggestions?

FordNut
08-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Stone Mountain and Six Flags are both in the ATL area.

Hotrauder
08-06-2006, 06:30 PM
I understand a lot of illegals have gone back home. Pick Peaches? Just trying to help. You should be an expert, you picked a real peach in Michelle! :D Dennis

shakes_26
08-06-2006, 09:12 PM
If you like bbq, you could hit every bbq joint on the way :)

Summit just built a superstore in Commerce or right around there (thank god this is nowhere near me!)

Grand Muffler in Marrieta, I hear they have all kinds of neat rides roll through there

Stone mountain, well you seen rocks right? This is a big'n, bigger n' any Texas rock anyhow.

Savannah is nice too

St Augustine, FL, if you haven't been is nice to visit as well. Stay in the old city or on the beach, walking tours, great restaurants.

You'll still be near I-95, so you could easily intercept any southbound miscreants.

usafsniper
08-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Not as nice as St. Augustine, but Tybee Island just outside Savannah is a spot. Clean beach and you can pick up buckets of Sand Dollars. If I were to vote and you can spare the time, your wife would love a trip to St. Augustine. If you stay overnight, "The Whale's Tale" bed and breakfast is a steal, and one street off the old town historic sector, Phone #: (904) 829-5901 54 Charlotte St. St. Augustine, FL 32084 . You can walk to almost everything worth seeing from there, and the owners are great. Your wife will love you for it.

http://www.staugustineinns.com/escape.html

BISHOPSS95
08-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Don't forget the Whale Sharks!

www.georgiaaquarium.org

TAF
08-07-2006, 03:02 PM
LOTS of things to do...whether you want to stay in the A-T-L area....or head further south to the Georgia Coast...All I know is...you better just come-on, and me and the other "Breakfast Club" members will make SURE you're well taken care of....

jimlam56
08-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Rich, y'all can stop by my place, it's just about exactly half way between the two events.
I reserved a room for the shootout at the Hampton, in case I have time to do that too.

O's Fan Rich
08-07-2006, 05:17 PM
COOL!!
I'm almost there..... just need to clear one obstical.

O's Fan Rich
08-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Rich, y'all can stop by my place, it's just about exactly half way between the two events.
I reserved a room for the shootout at the Hampton, in case I have time to do that too.

You serve breakfast?:D :D :D

O's Fan Rich
08-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Don't forget the Whale Sharks!

www.georgiaaquarium.org

Now that hits us just right.... the Atlanta copy of the National Aquarium in Baltimore!!!

Thank you!

O's Fan Rich
08-07-2006, 05:23 PM
LOTS of things to do...whether you want to stay in the A-T-L area....or head further south to the Georgia Coast...All I know is...you better just come-on, and me and the other "Breakfast Club" members will make SURE you're well taken care of....

It would be Grand to stop in....!
We'd even set a spell.... plans are being formulated.....