PDA

View Full Version : Watching it rot into the ground..

Donny Carlson
08-07-2006, 09:17 PM
On my mail route, there's a 2002 Harley F-150 Crew, supercharged, dark grey metallic with red flames. This truck has not moved out of it's parking space in over a year. It's parked at the apartment complex the owner's mother lives (she's in her 90's) and I think the owner has some financial/health issues. The only time I can remember seeing it move is when somebody charged up the battery and drove it down to the filling station to put air in the tires (they were going flat). Truck is in need of a serious detailing, especially the wheels, which are brownish instead of bright chrome.

I'm really tempted to talk to the woman about the Harley Truck. Something like if her son ever wants to sell it, here's my number. No telling if there's any other mechanical issues here, and I wonder how the interior looks since its been baking in the sun all summer, not to mention the winter weather last year.

I know the dude is having trouble with his bills (trust me, mail carriers know everything about you from what we deliver to you), and it's a real shame this nice truck is slowly deteriorating.

Here's a pic of a similar Harley, same model year and color:

http://www.mustangphotos.com/photopost/data/507/medium/215harleytruck1edited.jpg (http://www.mustangphotos.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/127/size/big/cat//sort/1)

O's Fan Rich
08-08-2006, 04:51 AM
My wife fell in love with those trucks when she saw one running at Sebring this past April....

Ezbok58a
08-08-2006, 06:53 AM
See if you could get a deal on it.

I'd love to have a Supercharged Harley F150, if only I actually needed a truck.

SergntMac
08-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Sounds like a diamond in the rough, Donny. Never hurts to ask...

shakes_26
08-08-2006, 07:46 AM
drop them a note, I'd like it for the right price, and if it wasn't fragged.

Macon Marauder
08-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Reminds me:

When I was a teenager in the late 70's I would ride by a 69 Ford XL parked near the street. Finally got up the nerve to stop and ask. Elderly lady said she tried to trade it on a new Caddy but they wouldn't give her anything for it. So she just parked it. It sat for years. She said she'd sell, but I'd have to talk to her son.

Met the son, looked the car over. Body and interior nice. 429 4V, auto, console, bucket seats. Distributor and carb were missing, though. He said "I've been offered $1000 for it and that wasn't enough." I said "$1000 for a car that doesn't run?!" He got mad and said "Oh, it runs." I said "Start it up then."

Needless to say: I didn't buy that car. It sat for years while the paint oxidized and the vinyl top and tires rotted. Then one day it was gone - probably to the crusher. Sad.

gpfarrell
08-08-2006, 10:02 AM
I'd drop a note soon... never know if the repo man might be coming to get it soon!

Vortex
08-08-2006, 05:06 PM
In 1976 I had the chance to buy a slightly worn 440 Superbird for 6k and I snoozed. As they say in golf, "never up, never in..."

sabtaj1
08-08-2006, 07:25 PM
if its bills he's gettinand it hasnt moved in over a year, its a good posibility he might be in the army or something to that nature. But hey I would drop a line to catch that fish. Keep us POSTED Mr. Mailman.

Raudermaster
08-08-2006, 07:56 PM
I've always loved the Harley's, my friends brother has an '03 Crew cab, blown with 22" rims on it, very nice truck. Though, didn't they make some blown and some just N/A?

Marauder2005
08-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Man, my friend has a the '03 two-tome silver/black Harley. Big shame

to hear that. :(

Motorhead350
08-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Just go for it man. If they say no you simply move on. Or you can try to cut a deal. Either way I wouldn't wanna look back at life and say I wish I did something when I had the chance.

Donny Carlson
08-08-2006, 09:40 PM
if its bills he's gettinand it hasnt moved in over a year, its a good posibility he might be in the army or something to that nature. But hey I would drop a line to catch that fish. Keep us POSTED Mr. Mailman.

No, I've seen him and he's about my age. I don't think he actually lives there, just has his mail sent there. I never see him any more, just the truck. I've been his mother's mail man for 15 years. I may stop and ask about it.

BTW, it's definitely a supercharged F150 from the badging. I also recall hearing it back when I saw him driving it one day. Sounded really sweet.

Motorhead350
08-08-2006, 09:42 PM
I remember one I saw as a dealer trade didn't have a blower. I was like WTF I thought they all had blowers. Guess not. Hope the one you want does and if it doesn't we can fix that. ;)

Macon Marauder
08-09-2006, 05:04 AM
The first year (or 2) they were just the 5.4 NA I think...

2003 MIB
08-09-2006, 05:10 AM
(trust me, mail carriers know everything about you from what we deliver to you)

I just like to look at shoe catalogs- don't judge me.