PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

GAMike
08-09-2006, 08:24 AM
My Brother sent me this. He was once a Major in the SF. He resigned his comission so that he could remain in an SF unit rather than accept a promotion that would have mean't more administrative responsibilities vs. doing what the SF was created to do.

http://www.iwo.com/heroes.htm ~Clicky~

I share this with you all because I know there are alot of Military and ExMiltary here who would appreciate this.

For the record, its choices like the one above that my brother has made, that make him one of my 2 heros in life. My brother lives life with a level of honor and integrity that most cannot comprehend. Those who oppose this type of man on the field of battle should tremble with fear........

My other hero? The man who raised him.

Best regards,

Hotrauder
08-09-2006, 12:48 PM
GAMike, thank you for that and my thanks to your family and your brother for his service. Godspeed. Semper fi. Dennis

rocknrod
08-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Thank you.

GAMike
08-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Thank you guys........ For all you have done.

We should not forget the warrior sacrifice....... Our warriors go and do what they are ordered too weather they beleive in it or not...... I am sure many of our finest in Iraq or Afganistan don't feel that we should be there, but they never let it show. they do this so we civilians can raise discourse if need be.

they don't have this luxury. So for that, Politicians should step out of the way when they commit warriors to battle, and let them complete the mission on their own terms.

If this were the case, I trully beleive Osama's Head would be on a stake right now, and parts of pakistan would be a parking lot.

Hats off to all who serve/have served here.......... For you know how difficult being a warrior really is. We civilians can only speculate.

Best regards,