PDA

View Full Version : Well...Here ya go!

SergntMac
08-12-2006, 06:28 AM
Don't know if this is the first, but it's the first I've seen...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Shelby-Cobra-In-Stock_W0QQitemZ160017525770QQi hZ006QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

martyo
08-12-2006, 06:55 AM
The mark up over sticker is amazing.

I want one pretty bad but I just don't think that they will attain collector status with the numbers they are producing. Far less '03s and '04s were made. With that said it looks like I will be on the outside looking in.

Logan
08-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Whatever... :)

Give it six months, they'll be going for under sticker...

SergntMac
08-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Hear that, Logan. Having had that experience with my Marauder, I agree. Much ado over nothing at the present time, and being the first on your block will cost you.

martyo
08-12-2006, 07:28 AM

Give it six months, they'll be going for under sticker...

That's my plan!

the_pack_rat
08-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Huh.

Different gauges than the regular Stangs.

Too bad ... the gauges are one of my favorites in the regular 2005+ Mustangs ..... I'd have to swap them over despite the hooting & hollerin' I'd probably hear.

Vortex
08-13-2006, 06:15 AM
They are nice but I cant see the difference in price between the Shelby and the GT, they look almost the same to me and performance doesnt seem to justify the price hike. Wonder why they didnt make the tailights a little wider (with sequential)? Id love to see a photoshop of that.

bryanthomas
08-13-2006, 06:44 AM
performance doesnt seem to justify the price hike.

I agree. 65 Gs is used Viper territory in my mind.

stevengerard
08-13-2006, 08:23 AM
yep and with a major redesign scheduled in '08 these won't hold that premium value. I think it is an awesome car and would love one but I'd personally wait to we start seeing what the plan for the '08s are. Look at the price of the last gen Cobra R's I have seen some pretty good pricing on those and there were very few of those made - what like 50 in '93 and a couple of hundred a few years later.

MikesMerc
08-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Don't know if this is the first, but it's the first I've seen...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Shelby-Cobra-In-Stock_W0QQitemZ160017525770QQi hZ006QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Wow...That's nuts:rolleyes:

To each to their own for those willing to spend the money, but patience would pay off big time here.

LVMarauder
08-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Im so ****ING confused. SVT is "hibernating" right? so why does it say SVT in the guages but shelby and GT500 on the outside??????

SergntMac
08-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow...That's nuts:rolleyes:

To each to their own for those willing to spend the money, but patience would pay off big time here.It's rare we agree, Mike, but I agree with you now.

Outright bragging of a sticker mark-up...Bold, yes? Guess you gotta be a Mustang whore to even think about that...

Vortech347
08-13-2006, 05:18 PM
They're not that amazing either. I've seen 2 in person.

On the cruise for the mustang show we just finished my dad's 05 Roush with just an S-trim creeped from one from 60-130. He paid 37k for the car new and 3k for the blower. Needless to say I was very disapointed in those cars.

MikesMerc
08-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Outright bragging of a sticker mark-up...Bold, yes?

Indeed. The sad part is that there is likely someone out there willing to pay the premium and do so as some sort of badge of honor.

Tallboy
08-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Less than 24 hours to go. I wonder if it'll hit the reserve?

Joe Walsh
08-13-2006, 09:10 PM
I agree. 65 Gs is used Viper territory in my mind.

I hate to say it...BUT...at that ridiculous mark-up price I'd go buy a new ZO6 Vette and eat the porky Shelby alive!

(And I don't like Chevys!)

Mr Johnson
08-14-2006, 07:37 AM
I hate to say it...BUT...at that ridiculous mark-up price I'd go buy a new ZO6 Vette and eat the porky Shelby alive!

(And I don't like Chevys!)

And there would be your problem. The markup on the Z06 is just as large in many cases and they have been high for a long time with no obvious sign of going away.

KillJoy
08-14-2006, 07:45 AM
There were 2 Z06's at the Dyno Friday evening. They look sharp. Have an okay trunk. Forget all but 1 buddy. One dyno'd at 420 motor / 590 spray.

Yeah..... I'd get a Vet over the currently OVERPRICED Shelby :D

In our area, they did the same thing W/ the PT Cruiser. It was listed for $5000 over Sticker for months. My Mom wanted one, so she ordered it factory direct and got sticker...but it took 6 weeks for delivery.

They also did this with the Mini Coopers and Pontiac Solstice. What sucks is that folks actually pay this premium to be the "first on the block"....but eventually they are EVERYWHERE!

KillJoy

Mike Poore
08-14-2006, 12:44 PM
So, it went for $58K to another dealer, perhaps the same one as the seller?:whistle:
Anyway, y'all missed out on a great deal. :rofl:

FastMerc
08-14-2006, 12:50 PM

Give it six months, they'll be going for under sticker... I agree with you dude:D

Donny Carlson
08-14-2006, 12:56 PM
So, it went for $58K to another dealer, perhaps the same one as the seller?:whistle:
Anyway, y'all missed out on a great deal. :rofl:

No, the seller was in CT, Mall of Georgia Ford is outside of Atlanta. Imagine, now they've bought this car, they have to truck it down to Georgia, AND still sell it for a profit. They must have a buyer willing to pay whatever it takes for this particular car, I can't see them doing this on spec.

http://flmsetup.dealerconnection.com/library/images/org/8674/Centerimage.jpg

Mike Poore
08-15-2006, 05:42 AM
No, the seller was in CT, Mall of Georgia Ford is outside of Atlanta. Imagine, now they've bought this car, they have to truck it down to Georgia, AND still sell it for a profit. They must have a buyer willing to pay whatever it takes for this particular car, I can't see them doing this on spec.

Holy crap! Donny, I visited their website and by my count there are 47+ new Mustangs, counting '06 & '07's on their lot. That's a BIG dealership, at least for these parts, where the locals may have half dozen in stock. I suppose they know what they're doing, and think you're right about them having it sold already, although I'm not sure transport to their store is all that big a deal, since all the cars they get come in by truck. They have an 800#, anyone want to give 'em a call and ask about it?

Shora
08-15-2006, 05:59 AM
There were 2 Z06's at the Dyno Friday evening. They look sharp. Have an okay trunk. Forget all but 1 buddy. One dyno'd at 420 motor / 590 spray.

Yeah..... I'd get a Vet over the currently OVERPRICED Shelby :D

In our area, they did the same thing W/ the PT Cruiser. It was listed for $5000 over Sticker for months. My Mom wanted one, so she ordered it factory direct and got sticker...but it took 6 weeks for delivery.

They also did this with the Mini Coopers and Pontiac Solstice. What sucks is that folks actually pay this premium to be the "first on the block"....but eventually they are EVERYWHERE!

KillJoy

Remember, they did it with the redesigned 2005 Mustang itself when it first came out both V6 and GTs. I went with a friend who really wanted an all black one to 5 dealerships and nobody agreed to sell him one at sticker. He lost interest and bought a Taho.