PDA

View Full Version : Harley Davidson

michael ward
08-12-2006, 01:14 PM
who is going to buy the 2007 f150 harley davidson supercrew awd in dark amethyst metallic... its awsome i saw a picture of it yesterday at the dealer ...a dark purpel truck never looked so good!! I see a trade in in your future donny....

Donny Carlson
08-12-2006, 05:34 PM
who is going to buy the 2007 f150 harley davidson supercrew awd in dark amethyst metallic... its awsome i saw a picture of it yesterday at the dealer ...a dark purpel truck never looked so good!! I see a trade in in your future donny....

The Ford website shows the color, but it's so dark a purple it's hard to tell it from the black on that website.

For example, here's a picture of the Dark Amethyst HD F-150:

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/news/2006/0807/ford.hdext.500.jpg

I know it's DA, because the stripes are silver instead of orange. DA is paired with silver or grey stripes. I hear that it's truly purple, though, a very, very deep purple. It's supposed to match a Harley Davidson bike color.

And, yes, I will be jones-ing for an '07. Let me see one in person, with DVD navigation, and I'll be twitching to buy it.

ROADWARRIORSVT
08-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Holy Crap!! The wife and I have been looking for a used HD F-150. I think we may have to bite the bullet and check this out! Looks good so far!

Canadasvt
08-13-2006, 07:19 PM
The Ford website shows the color, but it's so dark a purple it's hard to tell it from the black on that website.

I know it's DA, because the stripes are silver instead of orange. DA is paired with silver or grey stripes. I hear that it's truly purple, though, a very, very deep purple. It's supposed to match a Harley Davidson bike color.

We built a 2007 Lincoln MKX on Thursday that was Dark Amethyst. Looked like a dark purple wine colour. I only saw while it was being assembled in the plant, so it's hard to say what it would look like outdoors when the sun hits it. Not Barney purple, but more of a black/purple. We all called it Barney anyway.:beer: