PDA

View Full Version : Marauder with Strobes

SID210SA
08-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I had a couple of request to post some video of the Marauder with my lights running.....before any one might flame....They are used for private property, and car show use only.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV-vvMv2GqU

and here is the night shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYDfuJwhtdQ

SergntMac
08-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Film it again at night

Gre8one7
08-14-2006, 10:13 AM
much better then the one i have, of course mine is with a camera phone

KillJoy
08-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Kinda cool.. DR has about the same thing.... :D

Is one of them in the rear Blue-ish... or does it just look that way in the vid?

KillJoy

jim geary
08-14-2006, 10:52 AM
I had a couple of request to post some video of the Marauder with my lights running.....before any one might flame....They are used for private property, and car show use only.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV-vvMv2GqU
I like em but they are awful misleading. I'm afraid I'ed get my car confiscated
in the state of Cal.

SID210SA
08-14-2006, 11:09 AM
I will try to get vid in the dark, probably in the morning. I still dont thing it came out to clear but I suppose it will do for now.

SID210SA
08-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Kinda cool.. DR has about the same thing.... :D

Is one of them in the rear Blue-ish... or does it just look that way in the vid?

KillJoy

In the window? Yes. Blue and Amber are the LED's in the rear window and Blue and Amber Strobes in the front window.

KillJoy
08-14-2006, 11:19 AM
In the window? Yes. Blue and Amber are the LED's in the rear window and Blue and Amber Strobes in the front window.

WOW. That would get you arrested in Ohio.... turned on or not ;)

Blue is a big no no here.

OTOH... looks *****in! If they are only turned off-road.... who will ever know.

KillJoy

SID210SA
08-14-2006, 11:21 AM
I like em but they are awful misleading. I'm afraid I'ed get my car confiscated
in the state of Cal.

They are not used nor are they visible when I am on public roads. The front dash Strobe is taken down when I leave private property and the rear LED's are hidden by the window tint. And as far as the hide a way strobes in the four corners go....you cant see ther rear ones at all and the front you can only see if you are looking for them. I am planning on adding two more of hide a way strobes into the reverse lights.:D

SID210SA
08-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Night shot is now in.....its in the first post so no one will have to hunt for it. Also here in Texas I can have blue and amber with no problems due to the fact that I hold a level III Commision with the state, and again as long as they are not used on public roads.

CRUZTAKER
08-16-2006, 12:38 PM
:up:

I had wig wags and strobes...but as Stevo posted...blue in Ohio is a big no-no.

SID210SA
08-16-2006, 12:39 PM
:up:

I had wig wags and strobes...but as Stevo posted...blue in Ohio is a big no-no.

I guess its a good thing I am not in Ohio....:D

CRUZTAKER
08-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Well...not trying to hijack...but the deal here is...

Several years ago, there were some folks that liked to pull over women using their unmarked look a likes with a single blue light.

It was a big deal, and made the news, and caused big issues with REAL unmarked locals with blue lights. People started to NOT pull over, JUST FOR FEAR..

It has got to the point where we cannot have ANYTHING blue, including fogs lights, and even trick marker lights.

No big deal though, amber suits this purpose nicely, and white strobes ROCK!

merc6
08-16-2006, 01:15 PM
lol do you use them on friday nights when leaving thru the croud?

Donny Carlson
08-16-2006, 03:01 PM
People spend a lot of money to dress up and pretend to be characters in Anime or Star Trek or whatever. Others like to play Army. I don't get this police car wannabe stuff, but if it floats you boat...

I do know that round here, where MV laws are pretty lax, you get pulled over at a traffic stop with this equipment in your car, you better produce some LEO credentials or the car is headed for impound and you'll be before a judge with some 'splainin to do.

Have fun and good luck.

G-Man
08-16-2006, 03:29 PM
I do know that round here, where MV laws are pretty lax, you get pulled over at a traffic stop with this equipment in your car, you better produce some LEO credentials or the car is headed for impound and you'll be before a judge with some 'splainin to do.

I have to agree with you on this one Donny.

Gre8one7
08-16-2006, 08:23 PM
its not a wanna be, he is security i believe...

DPVLN
08-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Hmm,,, I would seriously question the need for blue and white strobes on anything other than an official emergency vehicle in use by an official agency. I dont know who this person is or what his job is. He very well may be "official." A check with the Tx ( as Cartman would say,) "authoritize" would confirm if an off duty LEO/paramedic, Medical examiner, Dog Catcher, flashlite cop, walmart greeter, or whatever is sanctioned to have this equipment on thier on pov and use it to stop people. Private property or not, you cant represent your self falsely as being sanctioned by the state or us constitution with the authority to stop people. Using blue lights and strobes does just that. Thats why this equip is illegal for private citizens in most states and I am glad that it is. A back ground check on most people who have wanna be equip usually reveals exactly why they arent the real deal.

Just my $0.02

Gre8one7
08-17-2006, 08:38 AM
took this from the what do u do for a living thread
"Well Basically I am a Security Guard. Thats what people think any way, but the long of it is this:
I have worked in the industry for 10 years...I have for the better part of those ten years worked for private residental neighborhoods. Although lots of people think that "being a security guard" is a laid back easy job.....for most it is but not for me.....I started out working at the largest, most affluent closed gated community in San Antonio, The Dominion. There I was trained in Fire supression, Basic First Aid, CPR, Landing Coordinator (directing LifeFlight Helicopters to land) and preformed patrol duties in which I was trained in traffic duties such as radar, ticket writing, directing traffic, accident investigation. I currently hold a Level III Security license and have training in Handcuffing, ASP/Baton, Pepper Spray and Handgun Retention. I am currently a Supervisor at a closed gated community holding the rank of Captain. I am starting to look into getting a Level IV (Personal Protection Officer) license.

Mike

Edit: I also work M-F 0700-1500 but its a 24/7 industry and do not get Hollidays off unless it falls on a Sat-Sun and am on call 24/7."

SID210SA
08-17-2006, 09:24 AM
took this from the what do u do for a living thread
"Well Basically I am a Security Guard. Thats what people think any way, but the long of it is this:
I have worked in the industry for 10 years...I have for the better part of those ten years worked for private residental neighborhoods. Although lots of people think that "being a security guard" is a laid back easy job.....for most it is but not for me.....I started out working at the largest, most affluent closed gated community in San Antonio, The Dominion. There I was trained in Fire supression, Basic First Aid, CPR, Landing Coordinator (directing LifeFlight Helicopters to land) and preformed patrol duties in which I was trained in traffic duties such as radar, ticket writing, directing traffic, accident investigation. I currently hold a Level III Security license and have training in Handcuffing, ASP/Baton, Pepper Spray and Handgun Retention. I am currently a Supervisor at a closed gated community holding the rank of Captain. I am starting to look into getting a Level IV (Personal Protection Officer) license.

Mike

Edit: I also work M-F 0700-1500 but its a 24/7 industry and do not get Hollidays off unless it falls on a Sat-Sun and am on call 24/7."

Thanks, I should have started with this, Did not think I would get flammed so bad,:soap: I am a commissioned private security officer with 10 years of service. I currently work with 5 LEO's on my property. 1 Lt. 1 Sgt. and 3 officers. One of the officers sometimes brings the radar gun that is assigned to him so that we may catch speeders......ok now read this very carefully....I am the one who pulls the vehicles over as the LEO's cannot on private property. This is how a DUI was caught about a month ago. One of the LEO's wittnessed a vehicle driving at at high rate of speed and since he had no authority to pull him over I was called by the LEO. I was monitoring traffic 1 block away and proceeded to his location. the stop was initiated and he took over from there. DUI tests were performed and after all was said and done anther LEO was called out to transport an 18 y.o. DUI suspect to jail and his vehicle was towed. So please :nono: do not assume I am a wanna be....I love what I do enjoy working with local law enforcement when and where I am supposed to. This is a job that is given to me not one that I took on by myself. I hoped that may have cleared up any confusion that may be going on.

Thanks, Mike

Mike
08-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Go Cowboys!!!!!!!

SID210SA
08-17-2006, 09:51 AM
I just hope T.O. isn't a distraction

Mike
08-17-2006, 10:21 AM
The way things are now (hamstring) it might have already started. Let's wait and see how the season goes.

SergntMac
08-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Private property or not, you cant represent your self falsely as being sanctioned by the state or us constitution with the authority to stop people. Using blue lights and strobes does just that. Thats why this equip is illegal for private citizens in most states and I am glad that it is. A back ground check on most people who have wanna be equip usually reveals exactly why they arent the real deal. Just my $0.02Thank you for your contribution, but you are wrong. On private property, a LEO's authority is very limited, and an "agent of the property" must be present to grant LEOs permission to carry out LEO functions. I appreciate your personal opinion, but across America, a "private person's" authority to detain is often much greater than that of a sworn officer. An afternoon at the library with a few of your home state criminal rules and proceedures would be enlightening, just in case you run across an "agent of the property" when driving through a privately owned gated community.

Folks...This man is doing nothing illegal, not even close. So what if he has strobes, many others here have them too, and without any practical purpose other than they want them. Let up off of him, y'all are starting to look like jerks.

Carry on gents...

SID210SA
08-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Thank you for your contribution, but you are wrong. On private property, a LEO's authority is very limited, and an "agent of the property" must be present to grant LEOs permission to carry out LEO functions. I appreciate your personal opinion, but across America, a "private person's" authority to detain is often much greater than that of a sworn officer. An afternoon at the library with a few of your home state criminal rules and proceedures would be enlightening, just in case you run across an "agent of the property" when driving through a privately owned gated community.

Folks...This man is doing nothing illegal, not even close. So what if he has strobes, many others here have them too, and without any practical purpose other than they want them. Let up off of him, y'all are starting to look like jerks.

Carry on gents...

Thank you for weighing in Mac.....its nice to have a LEO's perspective on this.

Mike

Marauderjack
08-17-2006, 03:03 PM
I bought a lot on Lake Norman....North of Charlotte.... in 1978 and proceeded to build a house on a point with 12 other vacant lots. This point was the "Party Point" for a pretty rowdy motorcycle gang and the developer gave me legal credentials to oversee the removal of these unsavory characters as I saw necessary!!:beer:

My first confrontation with them was one night by a fire they started.....reasoning with them was OUT and they proceeded to approach me to kick my butt.....I RETREATED WITH GREAT GUSTO.....Returned with my trusty .44 Mag and dispersed the PARTY PRONTO but got several verbal threats....so I called the Mecklenburg Sheriff and inquired as to some ASSISTANCE??:confused:

I was told that for them to enter private property and have any authority I (legal agent of the developer) would have to write a letter giving them authority to arrest intruders......WHICH I GLADLY DID!!:bows:

From then forward I had no further problems with any tresspassers!!:shake:

I think that Mac is right on with regard to "Private Property" and LEOs....at least down here in the Carolinas!!;)

Marauderjack:burnout:

Blackened300a
08-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I like the look of the strobes and its all that much better since you can use them legally

rozkopeeko
08-17-2006, 04:39 PM
i am a Leo, as a matter of fact for 17 years and i just so happen to be a Swat Commander. So i'm in a position of needing the strobes to make my way through traffic when i don't have my unmarked. As long as your not out there trying to pull anyone over ( on a public raod ) you will be fine ,,,,, an it does look coooooooooool i have 6 90 watt white strobes in my ride and wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww!! plus i have a portable blue led.

TrigunMarksman
08-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Thats totally awesome, but someone like me would be to tempted to abuse it. :)

Hotraudmerc
08-17-2006, 08:19 PM
pretty cool and I agree no reason to flame people for something like that.

In Colorado (Douglas County) I was pulled over and ticket for having Christmas lights on my Jeep last year. I was just before Christmas and I had no idea it was illegal. The officer said it was because some of the front ones were red and blue. In my opinion no one would ever mistake me for a LEO. I was a little annoyed that he gave me a ticket instead of a warning but whatever it was a cheap fine with no points. I guess my point is unless you are trying to pull over someone and impersonate a cop you most likely will not get into too much trouble.

grampaws
08-17-2006, 09:00 PM
In ontario the color of lights is regulated.
colour and location..
White and amber on the front red and amber on the rear..
Red flashing lights on the front and white flashing on the rear
are illegall...Law enforcement and emerg vehicles only
Wig wag headlights are illegal ..Law enforcement and emerg vehicles..
Strobes are not stated as illegal-the colour can be..
Usually resulting in a nominal fine..
Using strobes or colored flashing light to gain traffic access or
pull and individual over..ie impersonation can result in jail time
of up to 5 years..
red /white flash.. emerg vehicles.
blue flash Snow removal
Green flash Volunteer fire/emergency
Purple flash Funeral Procession..
Amber Flash Caution/traffic control.
Most officers I have talked to will not take issue with
strobes as long as the vehicle is not moving on public roads
ie parked on shoulder and there intent is a hazard warning device..
having strobe lights should not be an issue..improper use of those
lights-- your welcome to Flame away!!

Donny Carlson
08-18-2006, 04:11 AM
Thank you for your contribution, but you are wrong. On private property, a LEO's authority is very limited, and an "agent of the property" must be present to grant LEOs permission to carry out LEO functions. I appreciate your personal opinion, but across America, a "private person's" authority to detain is often much greater than that of a sworn officer. An afternoon at the library with a few of your home state criminal rules and proceedures would be enlightening, just in case you run across an "agent of the property" when driving through a privately owned gated community.

So... as long as there isn't an "agent of the property" present, it's safe for somebody to set up a stand selling joints and bindles of crack within the confines of a gated community?

Granted, that's a bit extreme, but I don't understand the distinction between not allowing an LEO to enforce MV laws/traffic laws, and allowing them to enter private property to enforce other types of laws, such as drug laws, theft, assault, etc.

SID210SA
08-18-2006, 05:20 AM
So... as long as there isn't an "agent of the property" present, it's safe for somebody to set up a stand selling joints and bindles of crack within the confines of a gated community?

Granted, that's a bit extreme, but I don't understand the distinction between not allowing an LEO to enforce MV laws/traffic laws, and allowing them to enter private property to enforce other types of laws, such as drug laws, theft, assault, etc.

The streets a privately owned, built, and maintained by the neighborhood, That is why LEO's can not enforce traffic laws in a privated gated community. The streets do not belong to the city. If some one sees the drugs being sold they have to be on some ones property, either their property or one of the neighbors or the private community property. If its a residents property they are on then that resident has the authority. If its the community property, there is an agent of the property on site 24/7.

And if there is no agent of the property on site and the LEO's are called they enter property to "investigate" the situation and detain the person or persons until an agent is called and arrives on property to authorize the arrest or have them removed from property.

G-Man
08-18-2006, 05:52 AM

I don't want to get too deep into this, but as long as an officer (in my case, Agent) has the belief that an exigent circumstance exists, then he may enter any property, without permission, only to eliminate the exigent circumstance.

SergntMac
08-18-2006, 06:56 AM
The Supreme Court has been defining and refining law in America since it's inception, no stone has been left unturned. By and large, the law is meant to control society's behavior, and the duties of the Supreme Court are to protect individual rights and liberties while complying with said law. This is accomplished not by giving permission to the individual, but by restraining enforcement by government.

Classic rules of search and seizure by government is an easy place to start, it's a list of "do not do this" for agents of the government at any level, and the penalty for violation of the "don'ts", is that the suspect goes free.

The example of selling narcotics in a gated community is an extreme and dramatic scenario, to the point it's silly. However, LEOs would need permission of the property owner to conduct surveilance and detect the sale of narcotics in a gated community, at least until probable cause is established. Nonetheless, other examples do exist where this theory of scanctuary from law on private property can be seen in play. For example...

Has anyone here been stopped for speeding by a LEO on a drag strip? Cited for reckless driving because they did a burnout? Got arrested for not having a valid driver's license? I don't believe so. What about unlicensed kids driving go-karts at an amusement park?

Your behavior on a private track may get you ejected, but that's an "agent of the property" acting on behalf of track owners, and once you refuse to leave, government LEO can step in and take action, once the agent signs a complaint for trespassing.

It's all rather simple to follow and as you may expect, as the violation escalates in severity, LEOs can take more legal action. Private property does not prevent LEOs from responding to a call for help, or something like a man shot, but again this is turning things extreme and leaning towards silly.

For the minor "quality of life" crimes the likes of which have been discussed here, the power of an LEO on private property has "don'ts", and long ago, the Supreme Court recognized the supremacy of protecting private domain sanctuary over an LEOs desire to write parking tickets.

SID210SA
08-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Ok Mac, now that you have seen the night video....what did you think.

SergntMac
08-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Niiiiiice...

SID210SA
08-18-2006, 11:44 AM
I got to try to get it with a better camera....I have a 4.0 megapixel, the pics come out good but the video leave much to be desired.

BigMerc
08-18-2006, 02:16 PM
impersonators scare me. No valid reason to have that other than the obvious.

SergntMac
08-18-2006, 02:56 PM
impersonators scare me. No valid reason to have that other than the obvious.Can you clarify this?

CRUZTAKER
08-18-2006, 03:22 PM
.... I was pulled over and ticketed for having Christmas lights on my Jeep last year.....

Nice! :bows:

:rasta:

sabtaj1
08-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Think it looks good. But you need some wig wags though.

CRUZTAKER
08-18-2006, 03:52 PM
impersonators scare me. No valid reason to have that other than the obvious.

Can you clarify this?
Comon Mac. His post is quite clear.

It's too bad it has come to semantics.
The rules of engagement in a gated community has been quite resolved ...now it has gone to impersonation.

:bs:

Unfortunately, there will always be people firm in their belief that what they do not understand, nor find settling, needs to be viciously defined and dumped into the ordinary.

Actually...I've seen plenty of antique, collectible hotrods at shows with plenty of crazy lightage. And I firmly belief they are all linked to UFO's.
And they scare me as well.
Your'e not alone BigMerc...none of us are alone.... ;)

SergntMac
08-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Comon Mac. His post is quite clear.

It's too bad it has come to semantics. The rules of engagement in a gated community has been quite resolved ...now it has gone to impersonation.
Okay with me Bear, just checking.

Can't say I'm scared of impersonators, but I don't like them. I've made a few arrests when warranted, but as it is in many other things, you have to catch them using the lights on the public way before you can charge them. Often, the initial stop leads to other criminal activity, like illegal guns and stolen/fake police ID. Some cases get very interesting.

The most interesting prosecution for Impersonation I achieved to date, was a wanna-be who purchased a retired Secretary of State unit (a unique color blue) and painted his high beams with blue tint. In this case, he didn't have to turn them on, folks reacted to the vision of the car behind them in traffic and "parted the sea" so he could drive on. After watching this for a few blocks, he went down, and was later convicted, and fined pretty heavy.

Xmas tree lights, eh? Bah humbug cops?

BigMerc
08-19-2006, 02:33 AM
What I mean is clear. The everyday guy doesn't go out and buy red and blue lights for his car because he likes the colors.

Anyone who adorns their vehicle in police lights, WANTS to be thought of as police officers at one time or another.

You can use all that private property crap to hell and back, but at the end of the day it's simple he wants that car to be thought of by the public as a police car.

When I say that scares me I mean anyone who is NOT an LEO and uses police equipment bears considerable watching.

Vortex
08-19-2006, 06:40 AM
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/psb/news/archive/blue_lights.aspx

FYI

SergntMac
08-19-2006, 08:37 PM
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/psb/news/archive/blue_lights.aspx

FYIThank you my friend, but almost all US. jurisdictions have rules (guidelines?) about implementation, color, luminence, and so on. Likewise, most jurisdictions have rules defining "intent" in the commission of a crime too. In the end, this is what "complaint investigation" is all about. Defining a violation first, then proving intent of criminal conduct.

To say that "owning", or, installing strobe lights, or, flashing lights of any color is somehow automatically criminal, or, a sign of mental handicapp, is foolish posturing of an opinion.

What are you worried about, Big Merc, job security? Or are you just suspicious about anyone without a full-time badge?

I have no patience or quarter for the criminal in action, the reckless-ness of youth, the mischevious teen, or, juvenile trouble-makers at large, damn them all. However, using this stuff in a legal manner for necessary purpose (albeit, limited) is not a blanket crime, or, any indication of anyone's mental health whatsoever.

To say so would be saying that anyone who owns, or, enjoys a handgun of any description is likewise a criminal, or, "worthy of watching", just because cops and only cops, need to own/carry/use handguns. It's just not that narrow.

I live inside the City of Chicago city limits because I have too, but I have one suburban jurisdiction (Merrionette Park, IL.) begining at the end of my block, (112th Street) and another (Hometown, IL.) just a few blocks northwest of me. Look that up on the 'net?

Both townships have full volunteer fire departments, and both are policed entirely by part-time sworn LEOs, which (sometimes) also means that no LEOs are "on duty" in those townships at all.

When there is call for emergency LEO/Fire services, the City of Chicago will (by contract) "lend a hand" with first responders. But, after the pagers, telephones and sirens sound an alarm, the necessary and lawful work force for each township arrives at the scene in their own privately owned vehicles, and every one of them uses full emergency equipment, including strobes and sirens. The State of Illinois affirms this authority with proper pre-registration of these privately owned vehicles.

So...There you are. Even spitting distance from a large 7 mil pop metropolis such as Chicago, retired CV/PIs are recycled into lawful use and application, and quite legally too. BTW...This ain't new. Our very own State of Hawaii encourages sworn LEOs to purchase their own police vehicles that meet Department standards, and pays the LEO a stippend for using his own automobiile. Check that out too, eh?

Back to my local experience...None of these cops/fire fighters and EMTs look like "nuts" to me at the scene, and none need to be "watched"...Except that I think they are individually nutz for willingly taking calls out of a warm and dry bed to handle domestic squabbles and traffic collisions in the rain after midnight. Just my personal .02c on it, eh?

Thankfully, as a Chicago LEO, I never had to do any of that. I only got called out when someone was lying dead in the street and a cop put him there.

"To each his own" on the deployment of strobes and colored lights. Likewise "to each his own" on what this display means to the rest of us here.

Just my .02C, carry on gents.

Vortex
08-19-2006, 09:23 PM
"He buried most of his sexual victims in shallow graves in the crawl space under the house, covered them with lime, and left them to decompose. One potential victim was lured into Gacy’s black Oldsmobile (complete with spotlight to look like an unmarked police car) on the pretense of police questioning, handcuffed, abused sexually and then released for unknown reasons."

Heres a guy who put his fake police car to use...

SergntMac
08-20-2006, 05:04 AM
"He buried most of his sexual victims in shallow graves in the crawl space under the house, covered them with lime, and left them to decompose. One potential victim was lured into Gacy’s black Oldsmobile (complete with spotlight to look like an unmarked police car) on the pretense of police questioning, handcuffed, abused sexually and then released for unknown reasons."

Heres a guy who put his fake police car to use...Are you saying that John Wayne Gacy would not have killed 29 young men without the aid and assistance of a "fake police car"? There's an easy solution for this. Accept a sharp increase in state and local taxes so your local PD can send their used police car(s) to the crusher, rather than re-sell them for the revenue. No more recycled PIs, no more impersonators, never again John Wayne Gacy, right?

Oh, BTW...From official reports..."Three automobiles belonging to Gacy were also confiscated, including a 1978 Chevrolet pickup truck with snow plow attached that had the name "PDM Contractors" written on its side, a 1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88 and a van with "PDM Contractors" also written on its side." Not hardly what I would consider "fake police cars", eh?

The arguments are again silly, I'm outta here.

-30-

BigMerc
08-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Yes I'm suspicious of anyone without a full time badge.

Simple, you don't dress up like a cowboy, so people will think you are an electrical engineer.

same goes for police cars.

SID210SA
08-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Yes I'm suspicious of anyone without a full time badge.

Simple, you don't dress up like a cowboy, so people will think you are an electrical engineer.

same goes for police cars.

I do wear a full time badge, I also carry a gun full time. I am a target just as much as any one else who wears a badge, weather it be a police officer, FBI agent, DEA agent, Border Patrol, TSA, or any one else of the like. I protect your property and your life. I do my prescibed duties which include the use of my lights. I am truely hurt by the fact that you and anyone who would assume that I have lights to hurt any one. And to those of you who think that I could be some sort of Murderer. Thats awful to think of some one you dont even know......especially given the fact that in this thread you know what I do and that I work with LEO's on a daily basis. Security works for you everday weather you know it or not.....parking lots you have security cameras, who do you think watches them?, loss prevention specialist....who gives chase to the shop lifter when leaving the store, TSA, the people help keep our airlines safe, I work in some of the most high risk places, places that no one would go to with out wearing a vest, like homeless shelters, banks, shelters for Katrina victims, where I made one arrest for drug and weapons violation, and a sex offender, and I could go on and on....some use lights most dont. Bottom line is that mine are used legally, and not for harm or to impersonate.....

Mike

SamF
08-21-2006, 09:29 AM
The lights look cool...the owner is in the law enforcement field, no matter if it is private. I don't see the issue here.

I have always wanted strobe flashers for my truck as hazards because they are much more visible. Does that make me a wanna be...never mind, don't answer. Some guys like police cars and want to drive a car similar to it, that doesnt make them a criminal any more than the fact that my Marauder may "look" like a police car at a glance makes me one. Plenty of bad seeds in Law Enforcement (current company excepted of course :) ) that scare me more than a kid in a beat up CVPI with a push bar. I challenge anyone here that has had occasion to see a driver move out of their way while bearing down on them in the fast lane :nono: in an MM to tell me they didnt at least find it a "convenient" benefit to owning this car...does that make you an impersonator? I think not. Peopl are conditioned to the body style...soon they same will occur with the Charger I think. Anyway...

:popcorn:

BigMerc
08-21-2006, 10:32 AM
quote:I do wear a full time badge.

Thats not the right badge.

And to say you're in Law enforcement, is like saying my paperboy is in the newspaper publishing business. Pseudo police aren't police

We'll just let this one go as we'll never see eye to eye on this. You'll never convince me that the addition of police equipment is for some other use than to appear to be a police officer.

I'll never convince you that you aren't somehow attached to Law Enforcement, so we go down the road on this one both feeling correct.

SID210SA
08-21-2006, 10:58 AM
I never said I was in Law enforcement......I do the job given me and if you dont know what I should and should not be doing by fact than you shouldn't be putting your .02 in. Dont lump me with other idiots who get their jolly's acting stupid with lights.....thats not me...I am not a vigilante and I am not an impersonator.....what do you have against me?

SID210SA
08-21-2006, 11:12 AM
lol do you use them on friday nights when leaving thru the croud?

No one goes there any more.....Circut City hired Constables to keep people from congregating there.

grampaws
08-21-2006, 11:42 AM
I just like the lights and any occasion I will check
with the local constabulary before using them..The install
of a personalized plate such as Grampaws..was also
considered to reduce the likelyhood of being confused/identified
as an officer.I will always try to keep an open mind as long as an
individual uses them responsibly..Laws where created for those that
don't.

SID210SA
08-22-2006, 05:39 AM
I just like the lights and any occasion I will check
with the local constabulary before using them..The install
of a personalized plate such as Grampaws..was also
considered to reduce the likelyhood of being confused/identified
as an officer.I will always try to keep an open mind as long as an
individual uses them responsibly..Laws where created for those that
don't.

Yeah Like I said I work with S.A.P.D. on a daily basis and the lights are legal for me.....I also have a vanity plate on the Marauder....Dallas Cowboys Plate. Good advise about the plates....hard to impersonate with a plate that everyone will notice.....I know I always look for Exempt plates on unmarked cars as a habit. Our stealth cars dont have exempt plates though.....