PDA

View Full Version : The S.O.B. goes down Hard

Bluerauder
08-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Yeah, the Son of Bluerauder (SOB) looks like he went the full 15 rounds with Rocky Balboa. Got a call yesterday at work that the wife was enroute to the hospital with him. :(

Story is that he dropped a picture frame (corner down) on his bare foot and
smashed his big toe pretty badly. He cleaned up the toe and sat down on the steps and started to feel "light headed". He figured it was best to lay down a minute. He stood up and immediately passed out (from the trauma to his foot). He says that he doesn't even remember blacking out or going down. He suspects that he was only out a minute or two but cannot verify at all. The Doc says that this is pretty common after an injury like this.

After 5 hours in the emergency room at the hospital (a very busy day),
he is home and he's OK. Got 5 stitches in his nose and has floor burns on his face and forehead where he did a header. His toe is pretty bad and he'll likely lose the nail. He's on meds and the Doc said "No work for 4 days". :D

I thought it would have been easier and less painful to just call in sick. :rofl:

Haggis
08-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Yeah, the Son of Bluerauder (SOB) looks like he went the full 15 rounds with Rocky Balboa...

After 5 hours in the emergency room at the hospital (a very busy day),
he is home and he's OK. Got 5 stitches in his nose and has floor burns on his face and forehead where he did a header. He's on meds and the Doc said "No work for 4 days". :D

I thought it would have been easier and less painful to just call in sick. :rofl:
You know what they say; "The bigger they are the harder they fall.'

Give George (Forman) our best.

Haggis
08-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Double post.

Joe Walsh
08-19-2006, 06:43 AM
Wow!
Glad to hear that SOB is 'OK' and recovering!

I hope that this wasn't his accelerator foot and could possibly preclude him from driving Bluerauder in the future!

I remember several similar incidents in college, but none of them involved a picture frame....:D

Smokie
08-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Charlie glad to hear he is going to be ok, I don't know if his toe was bleeding but I know people that pass out when they see themselves bleeding. That is a hell of a rough way to get out of work.:D

Bluerauder
08-19-2006, 07:28 AM
I hope that this wasn't his accelerator foot and could possibly preclude him from driving Bluerauder in the future!....:D
Funny that you mention this, Joe. He says that its his "fine acceleration" toe on his right foot for the Cougar. :rofl: He knows that "fine acceleration" isn't necessary with the Bluerauder. I'm watching the keys to the MM closely. ;)

I don't know if his toe was bleeding but I know people that pass out when they see themselves bleeding.
Lot's of blood trapped under the nail. When they "bored" a hole in the nail, it was like the dam busted. Don't think it was the sight of blood that caused him to pass out -- just the pain of the trauma event, I suspect. It took about 2 minutes for the pain to set in good. Up til then, I think he was just running on adrenaline.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll pass 'em on to SOB. He's feeling much better. :D

Ken
08-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Charlie, That painful event could have been avoided if you two had just returned to the Woodward Dream Cruise again this year.:D (four days off work, two days driving, two days enjoying, too late.:( )

Give SOB our best.

Ken

Bluerauder
08-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Charlie, That painful event could have been avoided if you two had just returned to the Woodward Dream Cruise again this year.:D (four days off work, two days driving, two days enjoying, too late.:( )

Give SOB our best.

Ken
Just rub it in OK. :rofl: Where's all the pics from Woodward? I haven't heard a peep ....

DEFYANT
08-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Ouch!

Gravity is a SOB!

Glad he'll be OK, give him our best.

MarauderMark
08-21-2006, 06:34 PM
He's got the big padded foot or cast? Sorry for the unfortunate mishap but its great to hear he's ok.i quess he wont be laying rubber with the mm for a while:D

Bluerauder
08-21-2006, 07:06 PM
He's got the big padded foot or cast?
No cast. Just a big ugly and swollen toe that has been bandaged. :ouch: Back to work tomorrow. He still looks like a prize fighter after losing a fight though. ;)

Bigdogjim
08-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Glad is OK! Now just how big was the frame?