PDA

View Full Version : ISP Charging Ahead

2003_MM_FYRE49
08-22-2006, 05:47 PM
I was driving by the IL State Police District 2 Headquarters in Elgin and had to do a double take. There sat a new fleet of marked ISP Dodge Chargers, and yes they have a Hemi. Traditional white with the Gold stripe on the side and LED light bar. They're not messing around now.

Grifter
08-22-2006, 07:34 PM
oh yeah.. Wayzata, Orono, Eden Prairie, Plymouth.. i have seen alot of Charger squads around here..

rvaldez1
08-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Finally! I always thought it was kinda funny seeing them drive around in those crappy imapla v-6s.

N40GL
08-24-2006, 01:58 PM
I read in the Trib sometime this week that these are "development loaners" from DCX, and that ISP hasn't funded any new vehicle purchases during the entire Blagojevich administration. True??

VNMUS
08-24-2006, 02:03 PM
So when is Ford going to respond?

DarthMarauder
08-24-2006, 02:28 PM
I've seen a few in the Ann Arbor, Ypsi area of MI here but they all have OUT OF SERVICE on the back but they are decked-out in black and white and led light bars. Not sure whats up with those.

rvaldez1
08-24-2006, 02:36 PM
In my opinion Ford's responses in the police Fleet market have been half-assed. So far in the last few years they have added bigger rims, a small 11 HP gain, and a bigger alternator. Recently, ballistic door panels, trunk-pac and a fire suppression system have been offered at a premium. With these small upgrades, CVPI prices almost hit thirty thousand! So police Dept.'s have a choice, a smaller V6 with almost as much umph Impala for just over 20. The familiar crown vic for 10 thousand more, or go with the massive HEMI for the same price. The only thing Ford has going for them is dodges last attempt at a severe service vehicle failed horribly.