PDA

View Full Version : Underbody Valet lights on sale

shakes_26
08-23-2006, 07:42 PM
You can check them out here (http://www.marauderconcepts.com), I made a batch of these up last year, and sold a good bit then, I have the last of those units here in my living room. When they are gone, I will most likely never make them again.

So when these are gone, thats probably it.

Sale price $115.00 shipped Fedex Ground, FL residents add Tax, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, contact me for arrangements.

Click here (http://www.marauderconcepts.com/group_buy.htm) for sale price

Existing customers

DJV5150
SoulRiot
Tallboy
CheeseheadBob
a host of about 20 or so others, almost forgot Fordnut (sorry).

The brackets are made of aluminum, which is then powdercoated for durability. The lenses are sealed, vibration mounted,bulbs with shatter resistant lenses (its under the car, rocks, etc). All hardware, electrical connectors are included. Full instructions are furnished with the kit. Right now the kit is tailored to the MM, but can be used on CV or GM, even other years, slight changes to the electrical connections may be required.

We just inspected Cheeseheadbob's installation after nearly a year, and a full Maryland winter season it has held up perfectly.

Just ask any of the folks listed above or those who've seen these in person as to their quality and cool factor. Right now the kit is tailored to the MM, but can be used on CV or GM, even other years, slight changes to the electrical connections may be required.

If you have an aftermarket alarm, PM me before ordering, we have to ask a few questions to make sure you get the correct setup.

DEFYANT
08-23-2006, 07:47 PM
I was one of the one under Bobs car inspecting. These are very nice and OEM quality. Put me down for a kit. What is your prefered payment method?

Joe Walsh
08-23-2006, 07:59 PM
I'll take a set!
I wanted to buy a set at last years WDC, but completely forgot.

Paypal...Personal check?

My brother might want a set for his CV...I'll call him to see if he is interested.

shakes_26
08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Follow the link, Click here (http://www.marauderconcepts.com/group_buy.htm) for sale price, you can use paypal, CC.

Joe Walsh
08-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Done...looking forward to receiving the kit.

"Just one more mod and I'll be done.....I PROMISE!!!"

FordNut
08-23-2006, 08:26 PM
"Just one more mod and I'll be done.....I PROMISE!!!"
Liar......

DEFYANT
08-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Paid!

Move over cool dog, the hot dog is movin in when ole DefyantWife finds out!

Hotrauder
08-24-2006, 06:24 AM
Charlie, save room for me...on second thought, how far from the LISA does the cool dog live? I am probably a lot safer here taking my own at home medicine. Dennis:D

thanks for the deal, Marc. I had planned on this when you showed them to me at my Trilogy install but there has been so much going on that it had slipped my mind. When do we do the install party for the Marauder Concepts lighting? Dennis:beer: I'm buying... Bud light for the elongated one, real beer for the rest of us. :D

O's Fan Rich
08-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Ordering now..... must have this slick mod...
I also need a trunk organizer now....:beer:
Done!!

Hotrauder
08-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Ordering now..... must have this slick mod...
I also need a trunk organizer now....:beer:

Rich, read that as, "I keep some detailing stuff in my trunk mounted beer cooler." Dennis:beer:

Ray the dealer. $243.00 +- when I got mine.

O's Fan Rich
08-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Rich, read that as, "I keep some detailing stuff in my trunk mounted beer cooler." Dennis:beer:

From what I hear it keeps all kind of "beverages" cool.
And I never seem to clean my car.... evertime anyone else see's it it's filthy.:depress:

shakes_26
08-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Alright, thanks for the orders received so far, along with any orders received tonight before 10pm EST will ship tomorrow.

You should receive a confirmation email.

Tallboy
08-24-2006, 05:33 PM
This is easily my favorite exterior mod. Hit the unlock button on the remote, or open either front foor, and a classy white light illuminates the ground beneath each rocker panel. I've gotten many compliments on mine from Marauder and non-Marauder owners alike. Plus, it's plug-and-play and maintenance free.

If you've been on the fence, now's the time...:)

CRUZTAKER
08-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Plus, it's plug-and-play and maintenance free.

:)

Is this kit easier to install than the factory kit...or same same?

I got lucky back in the day and got one of the last oem kits still sitting on a shelf in Indiana. I have never installed it...but considered putting it on the Vator instead.

I could be interested in another... :thinker:

Tallboy
08-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Is this kit easier to install than the factory kit...or same same?

I got lucky back in the day and got one of the last oem kits still sitting on a shelf in Indiana. I have never installed it...but considered putting it on the Vator instead.

I could be interested in another... :thinker:

As far as I could see, it installs in similar fashion.

I did not install my kit. I sat in a lawn chair and drank beer while I watched Shakes_26 personally install the kit on my car. I highly recommend this method of install...:D ;) :beer:

DirtyDog
08-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Just ordered mine, thanks.

MaLo03
08-24-2006, 07:10 PM
I've seen these lights, they look great!
I never did get a chance to buy em. Put me down for a set.

shakes_26
08-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Eggie,

hit the link at the beginning, I can still get it out to you tomorrow :)
:beer:

I've seen these lights, they look great!
I never did get a chance to buy em. Put me down for a set.

Cheeseheadbob
08-25-2006, 06:45 AM
I concur with Chuck. This is by far the best way to install things. The only difference between Chuck's install and mine was that they also put this funny looking thing on top of the engine that made the car go really, really fast. Oh, and I was standing drinking beer...:D :beer:

I did not install my kit. I sat in a lawn chair and drank beer while I watched Shakes_26 personally install the kit on my car. I highly recommend this method of install...:D ;) :beer:

shakes_26
08-25-2006, 07:38 AM
I concur with Chuck. This is by far the best way to install things. ..:D :beer:

....crawls... out... from.. under.. bus.......:thanks:...

Tallboy
08-25-2006, 10:39 AM
....crawls... out... from.. under.. bus.......:thanks:...

...shifts...bus...into..."reverse"...:drive:

Marauder386
08-26-2006, 09:20 AM
I got my tracking numbers for my kits...watching, waiting,....salivating...:D

Thankee Muchly Shakes !

:cool:

Hotrauder
08-26-2006, 09:45 AM
There are here! Great service Marc. Great packing and directions. Very Very professional kit. Even I can install this baby with your instructions, however it doesn't sound nearly as much fun as an install party. :D Dennis

Shora
08-27-2006, 07:09 AM
There are here! Great service Marc. Great packing and directions. Very Very professional kit. Even I can install this baby with your instructions, however it doesn't sound nearly as much fun as an install party. :D Dennis

Nice kit indeed. Install party=Im in.

Glenn
08-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Ordered mine - cann't wait to get it.

Glenn

shakes_26
08-29-2006, 06:00 AM
All orders have been shipped as of yesterday.

There's still some kits left, pricing will last through Labor day weekend or until we run out, whichever comes first!

LCSO34
08-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Just ordered mine. Thanks:D

O's Fan Rich
08-29-2006, 06:42 AM
I wanted these since I saw them on Shakes car at Sebring... I got my tracking # and am looking forward to them.
They are not some ginchy neon thing. They are subtle and worthwhile. Don't wanna step in no holes or trip over a curb or have someone under my car with a gun waiting to jack me..... and best of all Momma likes!

MarauderTJA
08-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Marc, PAY PAL PAYMENT SENT...

MarauderTJA
08-29-2006, 07:08 AM

Dennis, install party at Kenny's (2004SilverMarauder) in Ft Myers gets my vote.

O's Fan Rich
08-29-2006, 07:28 AM
Dennis, install party at Kenny's (2004SilverMarauder) in Ft Myers gets my vote.
You guy's could always caravan up to my place. Heck it's only about 1300 miles one way.....

MarauderTJA
08-29-2006, 07:38 AM
You guy's could always caravan up to my place. Heck it's only about 1300 miles one way.....

Just drove back from your area....thanks Rich, but no thanks...:D

Shora
08-29-2006, 08:49 AM
I installed the kit yesterday. The directions are so clear and detailed that even I had no trouble with the electrical work. The only setback that I am having is that I could not find a 9/32” drill bit in Sears or two different Home Depots. So I did what I usually do and used a drill bit the thickness of the screw minus the thread but the screw just wouldn’t go in. After an hour of messing with it I decided to just finish all the electrical work and reinstall all of the removed panels. Everything is connected and works perfectly but I still have to find a way to screw in the lights. Will let you know what I find.

Even with this minor setback, I am very pleased with the kit, its high quality materials, and Marc’s customer service. I could not recommend this product more highly and suggest to all those on the fence to buy it now while they are still available and at a great price. You will not be disappointed.

sweetair
08-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Just ordered mine. Why am I addicted to screwing around so much with this car???

Donny Carlson
08-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Back in 2003, shortly after I bought my MM, I was surfing the net and came across "underbody security lights" as a dealer installed option for Ford F-150's, Expeditions, Crown Vics, and so on. There was a cool picture showing in working on a Crown Vic. My dealer's parts department told me the bad news: the part accessory was discontinued and unavailable.

In steps Ray at Northeast LM, our parts guru here on MM.NET. I emailed Ray about it, he found one and ordered it into stock even before I paid for it. He had never seen one, nor had their service manager.

I had Jason at Team Ford put it in, and it was, indeed, a cool mod. Todd and Marty ordered a set for their cars (and ironically, have not put them on) and I remember showing it off at MVII. Then there was a run on the kits, and I think Ray pretty much got all the remaining inventory of the Ford kits there were.

Until this newly created kit was done by Shakes. I saw his kit on his car when it was on Todd's rack at Grand Muffler, and I have to say, it looked better to me than the OEM kit.

So, time passes, my MM goes bye bye and I now have the Harley Truck. I figured this was a natural for the light kit, so I asked if they were still available, thankfully they were. I asked Jason about the install, and though the frame is different on the '06 compared to the '03 F-150, he said it would work. I delayed ordering a kit because I found out there were new mirrors with "puddle lights" to be available. Finally, I realized that swapping out perfectly good mirrors for a pair with puddle lights was retarded and expensive, when these kits were available for less than the cost of one mirror.

So, I'm in. Hope I didn't F around and miss out, too.

shakes_26
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Ben,

Sorry you had such difficulty with the bolts. My recommendation is if you don't have air impact gun to drive the bolts, use a 17/64ths drill bit, then an 8mm-1.25 tap to tap threads, then the bolt goes in with wrench or socket/ratchet. I sent an email to everyone who had bought a kit recently. The bolt is an 8mm-1.25 thread pitch

The drill bits 9/32 and 17/64 are just over for a 1/4" (8/32 or 16/64), I had no problem finding them, but that was in a kit from harbor Freight. Heck for the price of a drill bit at Home Depot you get the full set!! Okay they're good for only so long, but I usually break them or lose them long before they're dull.

Hope that helps out

I installed the kit yesterday. The directions are so clear and detailed that even I had no trouble with the electrical work. The only setback that I am having is that I could not find a 9/32” drill bit in Sears or two different Home Depots. So I did what I usually do and used a drill bit the thickness of the screw minus the thread but the screw just wouldn’t go in. After an hour of messing with it I decided to just finish all the electrical work and reinstall all of the removed panels. Everything is connected and works perfectly but I still have to find a way to screw in the lights. Will let you know what I find.

Even with this minor setback, I am very pleased with the kit, its high quality materials, and Marc’s customer service. I could not recommend this product more highly and suggest to all those on the fence to buy it now while they are still available and at a great price. You will not be disappointed.

shakes_26
08-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Donny, you're in! Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I hear you about the mirrors, I looked at adapting/modifying the puddle lights of a late 90's Mark, then looked at other series of mirrors...conclusion? Damn, expensive and what a PITA! So we wound up with what we have here today.

Everyone who ordered Since Monday, I should ship NLT Thurssday, if it isnt mayehm or power outage here tomorrow (Ernesto is paying us a visit right now).

Marauder386
08-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Got my kit ( s ) today just before going to work...Cannot wait to install ! May get another one to put on the Wiff's Heritage Series F150 !

M386

Glenn
08-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Shakes:

I am very impressed and pleased with the quality of the light kit I received today. Top notch!! Thank you for a great kit at a great price.

Glenn

shakes_26
08-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks Glenn, make sure you check the install notes in post #36, and if you're not doing a self install check with Jason at Team Ford, I think he did the job for Brian IIRC. Donny might know as well.

Donny Carlson
08-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks Glenn, make sure you check the install notes in post #36, and if you're not doing a self install check with Jason at Team Ford, I think he did the job for Brian IIRC. Donny might know as well.

Yup. First one was me, done by Jason. He's gonna put the kit on the Harley Truck, too.

Shora
08-31-2006, 11:06 AM
When I told my father of the problem he sent me over to one of his friends who let me borrow a Tap and Die set which allowed me to form a thread on the frame. This allowed the bolts to screw in very easily. Also, my father recommended that I use Locker Washers in addition to the washers that came with the bolt to help deal with the vibration (over kill but cannot hurt any).

Honestly, I am very pleased with this great mod. I wish that my future mods make me even half as happy as this one.

Great Product---Great Price---Friendly Service=Happy Camper!!

Ben,

Sorry you had such difficulty with the bolts. My recommendation is if you don't have air impact gun to drive the bolts, use a 17/64ths drill bit, then an 8mm-1.25 tap to tap threads, then the bolt goes in with wrench or socket/ratchet. I sent an email to everyone who had bought a kit recently. The bolt is an 8mm-1.25 thread pitch

The drill bits 9/32 and 17/64 are just over for a 1/4" (8/32 or 16/64), I had no problem finding them, but that was in a kit from harbor Freight. Heck for the price of a drill bit at Home Depot you get the full set!! Okay they're good for only so long, but I usually break them or lose them long before they're dull.

Hope that helps out

shakes_26
09-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Hey guys and gals, special pricing, free shipping deal ends tonight!!! I've got 5 kits left, plus 3 that are previously allocated.

They go to full price, plus shipping tomorrow! Thats like losing a $50 bill!!!!

:)

Thank you to all who have purchased already! Look for my next little project/product in a few weeks!!

djv5150
09-04-2006, 06:06 PM
This is by far Is one of the best mods I have done to the Marauder, for night time Bling, For the cost minimal installl just folllow the perfect step by step instructions , Mark is one of the best engineers out there, You will not be disappointed
David V
Satisfied customer since July 2005:)