PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain THIS car chase ??

DefyantExWife
08-30-2006, 08:59 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3536183043027464017&q=scary&hl=en

Hotrauder
08-30-2006, 09:15 AM
That car has Roswell, New Mexico tags. What is your question again?;)

ctrlraven
08-30-2006, 09:15 AM
I watched that the other day about 10 times and still can't figure it out. Looks like the car went through the fence but it wasn't moving. Only thing I can think of is there was an opening to the left of the fence (off screen) that it slipped through.

DefyantExWife
08-30-2006, 09:20 AM
That car has Roswell, New Mexico tags. What is your question again?;)

Dennis, I hear your boss calling ya.... shoo ... :D

Hotrauder
08-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Dennis, I hear your boss calling ya.... shoo ... :D

Lisa, duck-:revenge: Dennis...Luv ya. I promise no more harassment...for a little while anyway. :D

BK_GrandMarquis
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Why does the time in the video keep fading in and out? When they said the car seemed to have supernatural speed, it was fast forwarded then reversed.

Isn't there an opening in the fence on the right side of the pursuit car?

Like ctrlraven (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=4253) said, can't there be an opening on the left side, off screen?

Because of the time stamp and the fastforwarding, I just think someone was playing/editing with the video.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_413113", true); </SCRIPT>

prchrman
08-30-2006, 10:39 AM
being a chainlink expert the fence give way the bottom because only the top is tied off and the post...it just broke the ties at the post...if the fence fabric had been on this side of the post it would not have been possible...in other words the car went under the fence...willie

TAF
08-30-2006, 10:53 AM
being a chainlink expert the fence give way the bottom because only the top is tied off and the post...it just broke the ties at the post...if the fence fabric had been on this side of the post it would not have been possible...in other words the car went under the fence...willie

Had similar thoughts...though...I'm NOT a "chain-link expert" like my friend Willie, here.

Now razor-wire? I can help you there...got that all 'round my trailer ;)

jasonblair
08-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Exactly. I didn't even read prchrman's post before I knew what happened. The fence stayed connected at the top, and broke loose at the bottom. The car just pushed the fence up like a curtain, and by the time the cop got there, it was back down. The cop could have driven under the fence too, but I'm sure it would scrape his pristine (cough cough) paint job.

Gre8one7
08-30-2006, 12:28 PM
EDITED! Hell i thought i saw a break in the fence so i tryed to move the to around that time...found a edited frame right as the car disappears. Its around 1:49/1:50...

VNMUS
08-30-2006, 12:34 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Blackened300a
08-30-2006, 01:59 PM

I seen a car do this in person. There was a park across street from my parents house which was all chain link fence around the entire perimeter. One night a drunk driver came flying past our house heading for the fence and when the front bumper hit the links it started sliding upwards and the car drove right under it. Then the fence slid back down and the car was then magically in the park. The police werent too thrilled and ended up cutting the fence away to get the car out.

SergntMac
08-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I seen a car do this in person. There was a park across street from my parents house which was all chain link fence around the entire perimeter. One night a drunk driver came flying past our house heading for the fence and when the front bumper hit the links it started sliding upwards and the car drove right under it. Then the fence slid back down and the car was then magically in the park. The police werent too thrilled and ended up cutting the fence away to get the car out.Yeppers...Been the "reporting officer" on this a few times in my life. Once included my then mother-in-law, who was trying to learn to drive after age 50.

She gave up after her experience with a chain-link protected parking lot.

My then father-in-law returned the following day, and simply drove out of the unlocked area. No one said a word.

Mad4Macs
08-30-2006, 05:02 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3536183043027464017&q=scary&hl=en

I'm sorry and I promise I'll never do it again :(

Hotrauder
08-30-2006, 05:14 PM
You guys sure those weren't aliens? I thought they had come to take Lisa back????:run: Dennis:D

MM03MOK
08-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Hot Pursuit is on Court TV now. They just showed this video.

whoskal
08-30-2006, 06:43 PM

:agree:, My dad has owned a fencing company for 20+ years, if you look closely the chainlink is bowed in the middle, he litterally went under the fence.