PDA

View Full Version : TAF - That Question about the Blackwood...

Donny Carlson
08-30-2006, 07:39 PM
http://www.pickuptruck.com/IMAGES/2002/lincoln/blackwood/first_drive/frontshot.jpg

5.4L DOHC. Should take any Lightning or Harley blowers, esp Ford Racing/Whipple

Considering the massive depreciation on these trucks, I'm surprised we haven't seen somebody turn one into a Lincoln Black Lightning.

Maybe we could start a fund?

TAF
08-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Nice pull my friend! Thanks!

DarthMarauder
08-30-2006, 10:04 PM
I love those trucks but I think I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 driving around and I'm a truck driver in Detroit (The Motor City). Got any idea what the production numbers were on that really wish they kept making them. Instead they make the Mark LT which I think just looks like a very overpriced F-150 rather just get the F-150 and spend the money you saved in mods.

DarthMarauder
08-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Just looked up the numbers cause I was very curious. According to Wikipedia they only made them 1 year in 2002 at a wopping 3356 units and 50 were made into limited edition Neiman Marcus versions.

Donny Carlson
08-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Just looked up the numbers cause I was very curious. According to Wikipedia they only made them 1 year in 2002 at a wopping 3356 units and 50 were made into limited edition Neiman Marcus versions.

On ebay today there was >one< for sale. 41K miles, it's loaded with the navigation system. Buy it now price is $24K.

http://i15.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/8b/1f/61_12.JPG The nav system is in the console.

The seats -- especially the rears -- look a lot like a '02 Harley Truck interior.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/8c/9d/8e_12.JPG

LM dealers were giving these away at the end back in '03.

Now, this is interesting to me. My SSR was a pickup with a fully finished out bed. Granted, the Blackwood had a different mission, but see HD and other F-150 owners out there putting on tonneau's with bed carpets all the time, so why exactly did the public find the Blackwood such a dud? It's not as if the demographic was wanting to haul manure in the back.

I think it would be cool to buy one, supercharge it and other go fast mods, then show up at a Lightning track day and make some jaws drop.

VNMUS
08-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I think it would be cool to buy one, supercharge it and other go fast mods, then show up at a Lightning track day and make some jaws drop.
Now that would be fun! :banana2:

STLR FN
08-30-2006, 10:27 PM
...snip... so why exactly did the public find the Blackwood such a dud? It's not as if the demographic was wanting to haul manure in the back.IIRC I do believe it was the lack of 4WD and a 55K price tag. It ws also Nasser's pet project and we all know what happened to him.

94_302
08-31-2006, 03:20 AM
There was/is a guy in the Lightning board who swapped the motor from his Lightning into it. The price tag was the main reason the truck was a failure.

SergntMac
08-31-2006, 04:00 AM
One of our long time members here has one tucked away, and it's a beautiful truck.

Breadfan
08-31-2006, 06:42 AM
Thank you for the reminder on these, Donny.

The Harley's are beyond my price rance for the next few years (so long as I have my Marauder), but perhaps an older Blackwood would be a different story. I remember looking at these when I bought the MM.

MM2004
08-31-2006, 01:55 PM
One of our long time members here has one tucked away, and it's a beautiful truck.

Yes it is Mac.

Very impressed with the ride as well,... :D :2thumbs:

Mike.

O's Fan Rich
08-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Why the heck would you buy a Harley truck, when you could choose an 04 up for cheaper and in stall a Triolgy pickup kit on it?
I drove the Trilogy F around the block a bit...... Smiles to be had guys....lotsa smiles......buy a raffle ticket.

Logan
08-31-2006, 03:34 PM
Two things...

1. I've eaten at that yummy crab shack in the background of that pic...mmmmmm yum!

2. My 06 Trilogy Harley is back for sale after a planned deal fell through... Long Tubes, Polished Trilogy Kit, Full stainless side exit exhaust, Lidar Jammers... Mmmmmm Sexy... 4k miles on it in a little under a year. Smells like new, garage kept... For the love of god someone come by this thing! It actually gets better mileage than my SRT8 Jeep! :)