PDA

View Full Version : Custom Crossram Intake for Boss 351C

Loco1234
08-31-2006, 01:57 PM
This is an intake I have custom machined in australia for my Boss 351C. The Boss motor is out of my 1971 Detomaso Pantera. Now I will be able to do a fuel injection system and use F.A.S.T (Fuel Air Spark technology) to run it...

I just got it polished and it is now getting port matched to a custom set of 32valves Cleveland heads. They are just being finished and are a one of a kind. according to the flow chart etc... The motor should be an 800hp motor in a Pantera that is mid engine and weights about 2600-2800LBS.

Im redoing the motor in my maurader right now and already have alot done to it... but now im doing the internals over... I wanna do it once and do it right... Any suggests appreciated...

Ill try and attach more thumbnails but they are large file sizes and not easy to reduce down below 100kb for this forum.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=98 52&stc=1&d=1157057684

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=98 53&stc=1&d=1157057959

Logan
08-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeet... As the former owner of a custom built 351 Clevor, I am officially all jizzed.... Thanks for the pics...

Hey... Wait a tec... Those are Texas plates in that pic... Where are you?

SergntMac
08-31-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey... Wait a tec... Those are Texas plates in that pic... Where are you?If he is who he says he is, PA?

LordVader
09-01-2006, 06:40 AM
I'm not knocking youth! But son, what do you do that you can afford toys like that at your age?? If you need any dependents I'm available.

Loco1234
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Ya im in PA but the Pantera has had multiple previous owners....
This is just a pic I had of it at work....

LoL, Nah no youths for me..... not yet anyway.....

I work at an engineering firm....
Im a Controls and Instrumentation Designer. (probably should go copy this to that what do you do for a living thread HUH?!?)
Im not a PE (Professional Engineer) yet but I will be taking the first of two exams toward that distingtion soon...

Low cost of living in the North East Pennsylvannia area known as Wilkes-Barre helps keep $$$ in money in my pocket. Then on the cars. (Both me and my father collect and restore cars as a hobby)

The custom heads mentioned above are for Russ Arao Engineering.
http://www.araoengineering.com/Ford/clevelnd.htm

I've been to his shop twice and he says this is the first true Boss Cleveland head he has done...
He has done Clevor's and Windsors, and alot of Chevy Heads but not a true Boss Cleveland Head.
Although we did have him modify the intake runners so we didn't need port plates to get the velocitys up due to dead spot in runner. Now design is a cross between Boss and Yates Heads....

Dragcity
09-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Have I got Forged Pistons for that 351C .

Ran my 400 .030 over and stuffed Domed 351 CJ pistons in it. 13.5:1 in a CJ, came out to 12+:1 in my 400 with my roomy heads.....

I always loved Panteras. Don't see too many around.

Dragcity
09-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Oopsie ! ****