PDA

View Full Version : Water in gas update...

O's Fan Rich
09-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Sunoco is being very helpful. Very helpful.
I expect to be compensated by them. I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH SUNOCO. Yet.
However, the local dealer, this is NOT a Sunoco owned store, finally called me today after I left copies of the bills.
"Sonny" the manager says they have tested the tanks and have no problem, therefore it's not their problem and will do nothing.... Bad choice dude... Bad choice...

Sunoco will be taking care of me and the EPA is heading to the local dealer. State Attorney General is notified...
Local news has been called...

Any other suggestions? I'm a tad upset with them.

STLR FN
09-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Guess you could get a lawyer for retainer since "Sonny" is not being cooperative. Otherwise you got the bases covered.

O's Fan Rich
09-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Guess you could get a lawyer for retainer since "Sonny" is not being cooperative. Otherwise you got the bases covered.
That is done.... but not cuz of this.
I'm 90% sure Sunoco will take care of me. But this guy is a liar, he told me I was the only one with a problem that day, yet there are two other claims to Sunoco from that place from that morning... go figure.

fastblackmerc
09-01-2006, 12:40 PM
You might try your local TV stations troubleshooter.

Breadfan
09-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Sounds like Sunoco should revoke "Sonny's" license and stop delivering him fuel. That'll wake him up when his revenues take a sudden dive.

How's your motor? Water doesn't really compress too well, can be harmful to any motor...sounds like you stopped before that became an issue though, still, have it checked out!

crouse
09-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Missed the first post. What happend?

O's Fan Rich
09-01-2006, 01:03 PM
So far so good!
I did not go into boost at all when I left the station. It's running well, but with the rain and wet, I have not been able to fully test her out!

Bigdogjim
09-01-2006, 03:35 PM
State Attorney General is notified...

I think this is your best way to go. Get the "AG's" Office on this along with Pa DEP.

Hotrauder
09-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Sounds, Rich; like you are all over this as you need to be. good luck and keep pushing. Dennis:D

O's Fan Rich
01-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Lol.... memeories

Mr. Man
01-10-2012, 02:33 PM
So what was the final outcome. Did Sunoco stand behind their product?

O's Fan Rich
01-11-2012, 06:05 AM
So what was the final outcome. Did Sunoco stand behind their product?

Sunoco bowed out, as it was not a Sunoco owned station.

The Owner lied to me about the ongoing problem ( whenever it rained, water ran down the lot right into the storage tank for the 94 only, that's why only HP cars would be towed after a rain) he denied any issue or culpability.

I called the EPA and simply said "If water is going in, where is the fuel going?"
They paid him a visit.
A few days later, a crew was working on the tanks. I "popped in" with a clipboard and wearing a tie. Asked them "What is going on here?' They spilled the beans, I started taking pictures, the owner came out wonder who i was, I made him repeat what the contractors told me. I then introduced my self, and got a check for all my bills and the water I bought.

martyo
01-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Sunoco bowed out, as it was not a Sunoco owned station.

The Owner lied to me about the ongoing problem ( whenever it rained, water ran down the lot right into the storage tank for the 94 only, that's why only HP cars would be towed after a rain) he denied any issue or culpability.

I called the EPA and simply said "If water is going in, where is the fuel going?"
They paid him a visit.
A few days later, a crew was working on the tanks. I "popped in" with a clipboard and wearing a tie. Asked them "What is going on here?' They spilled the beans, I started taking pictures, the owner came out wonder who i was, I made him repeat what the contractors told me. I then introduced my self, and got a check for all my bills and the water I bought.

Wearing the tie always works!!! :P

SC Cheesehead
01-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Wearing the tie always works!!! :P

Yeah, clipboard, tie, and a pocket protector, and you can nail it...

O's Fan Rich
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Not to mention my ravishingly handsome good looks, of course.

SC Cheesehead
01-11-2012, 11:53 AM

That'll do it every time...

Mr. Man
01-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Thought you said it was you with the clipboard? :confused::neener::D

martyo
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Of course. :rolleyes:

jimlam56
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Ummm...yeah.:rolleyes:

justbob
01-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi Rich! :beer:

B.C. Bake
01-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I work with the bureau of weights and measures, and if you call in a complaint they should test the fuel. They usually test octane ratings etc..and they will shut stations down if not promptly corrected, or fines until they do. That is here in las vegas but it should be the same over there....:cool: . Because that is :bs:.