PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from 'Da Grove 5-17-03

MMM2003
05-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Well,

it's finally done. Took me a while to figure out how post pic's. Almost got everything right. Some pic's ended up in the wrong category.

If you want to see all pic's I posted of the event. Follow this link (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php?stype=2&si=MMM2003&cat=500&sort=1&ppuser=473) .

I have full resolution pic's available, if anyone wants them emailed. Just drop me a PM with your email address and the picture's description you would like.

File size of full Res' pic's is about 1.5MB each. Let me know what your email account can handle and I will send them accordingly.

If nothing else, I can burn to CD and mail them to you.

Once again, the event at 'Da Grove was great fun and I'll be there the next time. Thanks to all participants, organizer's and The Herd website. In all honesty, the event would have been very different with only 6 MM represented in Drag racing (I haven't forgotten you Topher +1, he watched).

The SS people I talked to were very nice, knowledgeable and helpful.

Oh and I don't think anyone mentioned the supercharged Chevy Lumina, that was there. He run a 13.4. I sure would have been surprised, if I would have meet him at a stop light !

Let's do it again with MMore to come !

Long Live #3
05-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Could you burn me a CD. I'll PM you my address.

Heavy D.
05-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Looks like a good time. Thanks for the photos!

MMM2003
05-20-2003, 10:34 AM
LL3 - no problem. Go ahead and PM me your address.

Heavy - Hey, it was my pleasure. Had a great time.

tetsu
05-20-2003, 11:13 AM
In the pic of Sarge's run, you can see that they had overwatered the water box and there was a little river running across the bypass lane! How disappointing to see!

Johnny

MMM2003
05-20-2003, 01:27 PM
Check picture: MadMan-vs-Crow SS 9. If you look close enough at the tree, you will see that the right lane (MadMan) already has a green light, whereas the left lane (CrowSS) is only on the second yellow!? I checked the Hi-Res pic. It's very clear to see there.

I'd say: Advantage MadMan !

CalipSSo
05-20-2003, 03:52 PM
I uploaded about 78 pictures of the Cruise to the track and pictures at the track here.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290119649
You can use the login posted in my signature to see the pictures.

CrowSS
05-20-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey MMM2003 (Pete right?)

I believe I redlighted that round. So the last yellow and the redlight come on. My car is hiding the redlight. :D Ooops!!
It was a ton o' fun though!!
We'll have to do it again this fall, maybe we can even out the ratios a little better too! :)
ThankSS for the pics of me and madman!!

PS Can you email the full size ones? Zipped is cool, thankSS.

SergntMac
05-21-2003, 07:08 AM
I'd be happy to do it all again, call me. But, not at GLD. Though it may be close and conveinent for many, this 1320 is just above a Chicago alley. All that was missing was the broken glass and barking stray dog. No one, pleased with their times or not, is getting a fair shake from this track. If you believe that the drag strip is also a test tool, this gauge is broke.

What else is out here? How's Byron? Joliet? I haven't been to any tracks for 25 years, until GLD. What's hot, we know what's not...

tetsu
05-21-2003, 08:13 AM
Sarge,

I think truly poor conditions, high volume of people, and just a bad performance by the guys at GLD added up to an esspecially poor environment. We didn't have any of those problems in either meet last year. Nor, on any of the random fun days that I was down there for.

I think you run the risk of a bad day at any of the smaller tracks.

That's also one reason I prefer Sunday morning.....

Johnny

Long Live #3
05-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
I'd be happy to do it all again, call me. But, not at GLD. Though it may be close and conveinent for many, this 1320 is just above a Chicago alley. All that was missing was the broken glass and barking stray dog. No one, pleased with their times or not, is getting a fair shake from this track. If you believe that the drag strip is also a test tool, this gauge is broke.

What else is out here? How's Byron? Joliet? I haven't been to any tracks for 25 years, until GLD. What's hot, we know what's not...

Joliet is really expencive, and I don't think I've ever heard of Byron.

CrowSS
05-21-2003, 08:59 AM
I think you run the risk of a bad day at any of the smaller tracks.

Yup. I agree.

Besides, Sarge, no flames intended, but if you haven't been to the track in 25 years, maybe the gearbox was a little rusty...

mensrea
05-21-2003, 11:05 AM
Byron is known for great traction, and a crappy burn out box... been there twice this year and had a great time. Problem is that due to noise ordnances, they only run in the AM, like 10 on Saturday. In another post I mention that we can rent Route 66 for up to ten people for a couple hundred a pop... Now don’t freak out, if you're serious about getting the best times and experience in your car nothing beats having your own track... SO far I have the following cars lined up for a date next month

69 Chevelle big block 12.23 (red one at Grove last weekend)

AC Cobra kit car (10.43 WITHOUT 300 shot of nitrous that’s on it now)

My car - 12.79 on street tires, gotta try the slicks

Couple of newer vettes, and maybe one Z06.

So it looks like I have five openings if anyone is interested.

Autoweek got IRP for us for the whole day and there is nothing like your own private track.... that's where we've made the best numbers (below 12.79 :) :) ) but the light was fried then. You have to watch the show, remember there is a Top Fuel dragger driving my car, and he HAULS, driver does count.

MAD-3R
05-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Is it up to 10, or at leats 10?

mensrea
05-21-2003, 11:13 AM
less than ten just means more $$$$, I think they try to limit it to 10, but I haven't looked into exceeding that number...