PDA

View Full Version : Police officer killed (tragedy for no reason):

BillyGman
09-03-2006, 11:18 AM
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 1.5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 1.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1.5pt; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 1.5pt" width="100%">I guess the San Francisco Police Department has been pushed to the limit by the liberals. Please listen closely to the following media release issued on 8/8/2006 at 3:22 PM by the ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><st1:City w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">San Francisco</st1:place></st1:City> Police Officers Association President. I'm sure for most of you it will hit a nerve.Maybe even the ACLU....

<FONT face=Arial><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:P</U1:P</U1:P
http://mfile.akamai.com/12948/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0728/9591734.300k.asx (http://mfile.akamai.com/12948/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0728/9591734.300k.asx)

<o:p></o:p>
</U1:P

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BAD MERC
09-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Wow! That is one pissed off man. He speaks the truth and I admire him very much. This country needs more people that speak and do what's right - instead of what is popular and acceptable.

teamrope
09-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Unbelievable. He said what I've been saying for years. Judges are the one weak link in our criminal justice system that are not held accountable.

BillyGman
09-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Ya know, It angers me how after the POA president explained how wrong it is for the perpetrator to have been released out on the streets, and how misguided it is for the news media to focus on the rights of the felon during the police pusuit rather than on the irresponsibility of the judicial system to let people like that out on the streets, how there were still two reporters there asking questions like "Is it really the judges' fault?"...or.."Doesn't the defendent have a right to bail?"......or......"Isn't it under the discretion of the judges?" Those reporters don't even care that a LEO was killed!

The news media as well as the judges are to blame for the way they protect the felons' "RIGHTS" while thinking nothing of a Police officer being killed for no reason! And it's hypocrisy to the extreme for those same news reporters who ask questions like that and write headlines that favour the criminals to even telephone the police department when their cars have been stolen, or when their home has been broken into. They fully expect LEO's to do their job, and they call on them when they're needed, and yet they take them completely for granted and have no regard for their "RIGHTS" nor their safety, and are instead quick to run to the defense of the criminals. This country is going to hell in a handbasket! And it sickens me.

KillJoy
09-03-2006, 12:02 PM
I heard this last week.

Absolutely amazing! Finally.....someone in power voiced MY opinion! I feel bad it took a police officer's death for this to occur. :(

KillJoy

Mike Poore
09-03-2006, 12:02 PM
WOW ....just WOW! :mad2:

Blackened300a
09-03-2006, 12:23 PM
The Man was well spoken and made his point very clear. Its a shame that a police officer had to lose his life to finally wake people to what is going on in the criminal system.

Freshmeat
09-03-2006, 12:38 PM
This may be a bit bold for a second post on the forum, but it's high time for a revolution.

BillyGman
09-03-2006, 12:53 PM
This may be a bit bold for a second post on the forum, but it's high time for a revolution.Welcome aboard. ;)

BAD MERC
09-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Bold? Yes. Appropriate? Yes. You may be new but you're one of the proud Marauder owners!
This may be a bit bold for a second post on the forum, but it's high time for a revolution.

jabo731
09-03-2006, 04:19 PM
This is like beating a dead horse. I've been before the Civilian Review Board for bull*****. And for those of you who don't know it a chosen group of civilians who hear complaints on cops and decide if the cops were at fault or not. If the Criminal Justice System was as tough on criminals as this group is on cops the results maybe different. Its a shame that this young officer and Fellow "devil Dog" has to be judged on his actions even after death. And the stress this Gentleman is showing in the video is a clear sign on why most LEO's don't live long after retirement. Large percent die of Heartattacks mostley from dealing with years of Bull*****.....

BigMerc
09-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Welcome to my world

GAMike
09-03-2006, 05:28 PM
You know we have seen alot of threads lately that are concerned with LEO's acting inappropriately in the line of duty. I have mad comments on them that some times come off as unflattering to the LEO profession.

That said, you have try and keep all of this in perspective. I bet a good many of the situations we have discussed involved good Law men/women who just lost their cookies at that particular time (quite possible). They go on to the next call or the next day, and are probably a model Police Officer.

These ppl. deal with stress most of us cannot fathom, and most of the time, have no advocate that the press will quote to defend their actions. I applaud this guy for fighting Fire with a greater Fire he has alot of intestinal fortitude to speak his mind like that. I hope he follows up with his intentions, and I hope the press reports his progress objectively.

Good Leo's everywhere deserve to get a real one in the win column that the world knows about. It would be nice to honor this fallen officer with the head of an irresponsible Judge.

Regards,

Freshmeat
09-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Actually, Sir, I drive a modified 1989 Crown Victoria station wagon... I'm here to lurk and learn. May have a Marauder one day, but I like my boxes. I'll wait on the Marauder until I'm ready to get one that I don't need to modify to get a little performance. Also looking for a stock Marauder air box, but can't post in the "Wanted" section for some reason. :cry:

Bold? Yes. Appropriate? Yes. You may be new but you're one of the proud Marauder owners!
Anyway- I don't like the way things have been going downhill in this country for quite some time. At the same time that some officers are being scrutinized, a lot are slipping past the radar without issue. The entire judicial system is a joke, in my opinion. I know a guy who's wanted in seven states and has several warrants in most of Louisiana including the city in which he resides... but he actually works securty and deals with cops on a regular basis (drunk driving, "borrowed" vehicles, etc) and gets away without a hitch every time.

I went to court for a speeding ticket some time ago... the guy directly in line before me was arrested for stealing a car, speeding, etc. and was let off without so much as a slap on the hand. According to the judge, discipline would be pointless because "he's beyond help". I received max penalties for my speeding.

Justify that.

Not to be against all officers or the entire judicial system... it just seems that the holes in everything are growing larger and larger, almost beyond repair.

SergntMac
09-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Well...Here we go again.

sailsmen
09-03-2006, 06:22 PM
This has been and continues to go on in NO. It results in a 7% conviction rate. The criminals have even coined the phrase "60 day homicide".

One Judge in particular is responsible for 80% of the bails issued. One guy with prior convictions shot 12 times into a crow, amazingly no one was hurt, this Judge gave him his own recon bond! All because the guy was a bad shot!

The NO Crims got a taste of Houston justice where you are actually convicted and serve time. They are coming back to NO where the opposite is true.

seans
09-04-2006, 05:24 AM
I wonder if this officer will get in trouble with his department for speaking the truth.

As far as Judges go, my wife is an assistant state's attorney (prosecuter) here in CT. Her court just got a new judge. This person's only legal experience is as a real estate lawyer, yet they are now going to hear criminal cases. What a joke.

mtnh
09-04-2006, 08:29 AM
As Billy wrote, the man on the tape is the president of the police officers association, not a cop.

Thanks for the enlightenment, Bill.

jgc61sr2002
09-04-2006, 08:41 AM
As Billy wrote, the man on the tape is the president of the police officers association, not a cop.

Thanks for the enlightenment, Bill.

I believe he is a Member of the Service. (A police Officer)

DEFYANT
09-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks for posting this. Finally... someone with the balls to tell it like it is on camera.

djv5150
09-04-2006, 08:57 AM
The media just loves to hammer on cops. The Judges today do not live in the real world. I say have all appointed Judges live in the Hood or the slums they represent I bet most of there rulings would change.If they start becoming the victems things may change. The media portrays the leos as organized crime.

BillyGman
09-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Wether the guy speaking in the vid is a cop or not ( that I don't know) he is the President of the POA as was previously mentioned. Thanks for everyone's input here. About the judge here in my homestate that has just been appointed who merely has experience in real estate law and not in criminal law, that's pathetic, and also scary.