PDA

View Full Version : New Survey: Having Car Costs More In Detroit

MERCMAN
09-05-2006, 04:04 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/wdiv/20060905/lo_wdiv/9788160

No smart comments about this, but I feel for them!!

Smokie
09-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Maybe workers get paid better there...here in Florida I get paid with sea shells by the sea shore.

Bigdogjim
09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
That is why I am moving to New Jersey....lower car insurance:):):)

See Phila. 2nd highest in the country??? Poor Jet right in Center City.

Mad4Macs
09-05-2006, 05:03 PM
When I moved from Rochester Hills, Michigan to Houston, Texas, I was blown away by how much my insurance dropped! Down here, my auto and homeowers COMBINED is less than what I paid on my car!
Gotta love it, more money for :beer:

Bigdogjim
09-05-2006, 05:05 PM
And they do not even talk about pot holes????

VNMUS
09-05-2006, 06:14 PM
And they do not even talk about pot holes????
Dented a rim on my daily driver 3 weeks ago. :mad2:

bigslim
09-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Maybe workers get paid better there...here in Florida I get paid with sea shells by the sea shore.
Workers do get paid higher here on average. Thanks Dan for another Detroit post. :banana:

KillJoy
09-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Insurance is probably higher due to theft.

KillJoy

Mad4Macs
09-05-2006, 07:12 PM
My insurance agent stated that it's due to the extremely high rate of uninsured motorists in Detroit.
I can't vouch for the info on this site, but I do know that for the 7 years I worked in the city, I was hit 3 times by drivers with no insurance whatsoever.

http://www.nustar-ins.com/index.asp?pgid=26

MI2QWK4U
09-06-2006, 05:14 PM
The avergae Detroiter pays more than $12,000 a year on one car.

Thats bull. I live in the burbs of Detroit, say 13 miles north of the Detroit border and I pay nowhere near that amount! I insure 6 vehicles and the car trailer and my yearly tab is $4800 a year for full coverage, elevated liability coverage, $250 deductable. These cars are all new cars, 2003 and up, with the exception of the 85 Mustang. I dont see how they can account for over $12,000 a year.

And as for uninsured motorists, with 16 years of experience with drivers in my neck of the woods, I would estimate that 80% of the uninsured drivers, as well as suspended/revolked drivers are not from the City of Detroit, but the suburbs, people in my jusisdiction and neighboring communities. This experiance comes from traffic contacts, accidents, and hit and run or fleeing and eluding arrests. It is also important to remember is my jurisdiction includes 3 major 3-4 lane roadways and a freeway that run directly north from Detroit, which serves to increase the number of contacts with drivers from Detroit.

Its just another excuse to take a shot at the Detroit area by a very biased and liberal media. Of course the insurance companies will want any excuse to increase rates. Don't believe everything you read from a newspaper.

Smokie
09-06-2006, 05:31 PM
"The avergae Detroiter pays more than $12,000 a year on one car"

How do I know they can count when they can't spell???

MI2QWK4U
09-06-2006, 06:08 PM

Exactly! A direct Quote from that biased and liberal paper making that ridiculous assertion...read it!

DarthMarauder
09-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Workers do get paid higher here on average. Thanks Dan for another Detroit post. :banana:

That is the key word with our unemployment rate so high you'd think we could get a break. I knew there was a reason why I'm trying to move. Hate my job and can't quit cause I dont have another cant find another cause the economy here there arent any unless I want to be a truck driver which is the career I'm trying to get out of. Oh man never ending cycle. Army here I come.

DarthMarauder
09-06-2006, 06:22 PM

Avergae is Detroit for average. Everyone knows Detroiters have there own language. Like how we add s's to everything and how we call soda, pop. :lol: