PDA

View Full Version : How did it go?

Wags
05-20-2003, 05:35 AM
Just got back in town yesterday, and was wondering how everything went on Saturday? I read that the track conditions were pretty bad. To the first timer guys here, isn't racing a blast? Now that you got bit by the racing bug, I bet you will be back for more. Fun time, isn't it?

Wags

CalipSSo
05-20-2003, 12:31 PM
Hey Wags,
I had one hell of a good time there. Meeting all the SS guys and Maruader guys from the forum. Racing together, just shooting the breeze in the lanes. It was great. We should do this again for sure. Btw, Wags, check out this original thread for more info.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2032&perpage=15&pagenumber=16

And on the Impala SS forum.

http://www.impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=005546

CrowSS
05-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Track conditions were average for GLD. I wouldn't say they were "bad", but they could've been better.

mad man
05-20-2003, 05:31 PM
Thanks chevy guys I had a good time .I went over to the chevy site and sounded good there to .Until i got to a post from a guy named hussker must be long for dog .Guys like that want to keep talking trash and to boot it all he was not even there. thats what i call a big mouth with an empty head.:lol: Sorry guys this dude just got to me .

CalipSSo
05-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Mad Man, I thought this forum didn't allow personal attacks?
I guess the rules don't apply to Mawader owners eh?

Are you just mad because you lost to a Carpice Wagon which still had 3.08 gears? What's this I hear? You came just to have fun? You had fun loosing to a Wagon? Right... I don't believe that for a second!

Don't worry, I'd be mad too. :flamer:

Ooops, am I a bad boy? Am I a troll now because I spoke out?
Too bad for me I guess.

mad man
05-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Was i talking to you . And really getting beat by a wagon is no big deal i am glad you are happy about it .
and i am happy for you . have a nice life:D

CalipSSo
05-20-2003, 06:06 PM
As long as I can beat up on some Marauders, I will, thanks. :D

All in good fun ofcorse. :)

mad man
05-20-2003, 06:20 PM
O.K. you win I quiet . mad man has left the building never to post again car's for sale I can't take the pain of getting beat by a wagon . Oh no i am wrong again please oh chevy guys walk all over me now .:cry:

CalipSSo
05-20-2003, 06:24 PM
If you are serios, I'm sorry man, didn't mean to bring you down like that. Didn't realize that people here can't take some ribbing from a fellow enthusiast. Sheeesh.

mensrea
05-20-2003, 06:35 PM
Hey my 12 second Marauder got its stuff handed to it by an S10 pickup truck.... It hurt and I am still recovering... Relax guys, someone's always going to be faster, just enjoy the experience.
A dang PICKUP!!!!

LincMercLover
05-20-2003, 07:25 PM
If he was a member of this site, I'd clean up, but he's not. So, since there's another thread already running about this subject, and you guys seem to be done with this one, I'll shut her down. Have a nice day!

TripleTransAm
05-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by CalipSSo
If you are serios, I'm sorry man, didn't mean to bring you down like that. Didn't realize that people here can't take some ribbing from a fellow enthusiast. Sheeesh.

It's been mentioned before in other threads (and I'd be surprised if it wasn't mentioned somewhere in the Impala forums) that written text, no matter how 'enhanced' with the ultimate in 'smilies', is invariably emotion-free and is open to interpretation. Heck, the interpretation can even vary with the same individual reading it depending on what mood he or she is in!

I just finished plowing through all pages of both SS and MM threads, and I got the feeling this was the kind of automotive meet that I would dream of attending. I'm willing to go out on a limb and guess that there wasn't any actual trash talking (at least, the type not in harmless fun) at the meet itself. Sounds to me that everyone had a great time and got to enjoy what full size fun is all about (and I'm not talking a midnight romp with a Mama Cass lookalike and a bottle of baby oil).

Being the new kids on the full size block, it's only natural that the SS crowd have the head start both in numbers and overall mods. But you SS folks have to give the MM some credit... stock for stock, low mileage with little break-in, I think it held its own with grace and poise. I'm not making excuses, and I hope the SS boys don't take it as such. After all, there's always someone faster out there, it all depends on how much $$ you have to spend.

Y'all should be proud of yourselves for a great turnout and what sounded like a fun day!

LincMercLover
05-20-2003, 07:30 PM
You just HAD to post before I hit my button didn't ya? :lol: