PDA

View Full Version : BAP wiring

FordNut
09-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Here's a couple of PDF's showing how to wire up with relay pre-FPDM

RR|Suki
09-10-2006, 05:03 PM
thank ya sir. I think the white wire being the lead off of the inertia switch threw me off :banana2:

TooManyFords
09-10-2006, 05:13 PM
These aregood references and I have some questions.

Are the numbers not supposed to correlate between the two drawings?

Are the colors of the wires supposed to match?

In the second drawing, where is the FPDM block? Is it called the Fuel Pump Module?

And finally, I learned something! I always thought the KB BAP varied the duty cycle of the pumps, but from the drawings it appears that they just vary the voltage. Is this correct?

The only thing missing is a parts list and source for the relays etc so I can go buy this stuff for my build.

;)

Cheers!

john

Smokie
09-10-2006, 05:22 PM
...And finally, I learned something! I always thought the KB BAP varied the duty cycle of the pumps, but from the drawings it appears that they just vary the voltage. Is this correct?

The only thing missing is a parts list and source for the relays etc so I can go buy this stuff for my build.

;)

Cheers!

john

The voltage is maintained at a constant percentage above the incoming voltage, to eliminate voltage drops.

RR|Suki
09-10-2006, 05:38 PM
These aregood references and I have some questions.

Are the numbers not supposed to correlate between the two drawings?

Are the colors of the wires supposed to match?

In the second drawing, where is the FPDM block? Is it called the Fuel Pump Module?

And finally, I learned something! I always thought the KB BAP varied the duty cycle of the pumps, but from the drawings it appears that they just vary the voltage. Is this correct?

;)

Cheers!

john

I honestly do not believe the wire colours are all right/the same that is how the wiring should work, from what I understand... seeing as the wire colour that is tapped in the diagram is not the same wire in our cars... the rest is the same though

FordNut
09-10-2006, 09:59 PM
One diagram is Marauder specific, the other is Mustang. That's why there are some minor differences in pin numbers and wire colors. And the Mustang one doesn't show the inertia switch.

Sorry, I'm not sure about relay part numbers, but the one that is available from Mezeire for their water pump works really well.