PDA

View Full Version : Boston Globe, Sunday, 22-sep-2002

mtnh
09-23-2002, 08:46 AM
Read this beauty of a review....

http://www.boston.com/cars/reviews/2003/mercury_marauder.shtml

b4z
09-23-2002, 08:53 AM
The most i nteresting thing about that story is that the '03 Marauder is probably faster in the quarte mile than the 350 hp 1970 Marauder.

MAD-3R
09-23-2002, 08:58 AM
Low-end power, Low-end power, Low-end power, Low-end power, Low-end power, Low-end power, Low-end power, Low-end power, Low-end power, Low-end power, Low-end power, Low-end power.

Hello!?!?! FORD?!?!

JET
09-23-2002, 05:41 PM
This reviewer is way off the mark when he talks about turning heads. My previous five cars were 4 Mercedes & 1 BMW and I'll tell you my Marauder has turned more heads, gotten more compliments and has been more fun to drive then all of them combined. In fact the looks and comments I get make it even more fun to own this car. “Wow, what is that?” No one can believe the wheels and exhaust tips are from the factory. I'm completely satisfied with my choice and I haven't even started modifying yet.

As for long distance rides. I owe a business that is a 600 miles round trip from where I live. I drive my Marauder back forth at least twice a month. This is a great highway car. It is extremely comfortable for long distance travel.

I, as we all do wish that the car had more zip off the line but it certainly is not a dog. If you want more power off the line the chip and 4.10 are quick and reasonably priced fix. As long, as you can get your dealership to buy into. Which, I’ve struggling with over the last month.

I’m sure as the model evolves, and hopefully survives, Ford will add more low end torque.

My wife and I have two young children and share one car. I could not have made a better design than purchasing my 03 MM. We love this car.

JET

P.S. Logan, thanks again for hosting this forum

RancorKeeper
09-23-2002, 06:09 PM
I thought the review pretty much agreed with what most people here have said. As for not getting any looks, well that's subjective. You could throw me in the middle of an All-Import show & none of the cars I walked past on my way towards the exit would get any looks from me, but I'm sure there'd be plenty of other people ogling them. It's just what you find appealing.