PDA

View Full Version : Going to KC

hitchhiker
09-11-2006, 01:45 PM
My next contract will take me to the Kansas City area.

I am looking forward to some great BBQ and making some new friends in the area.

Any Mauauder folks in KC?

:D

jabird56
09-11-2006, 08:47 PM
HwyCruiser lives down there, plus a few others. Then you have me a few hours up in the Omaha area.

Hauser717
09-11-2006, 08:56 PM
New Marauder owner right here. Getting ready to make my second payment on it.

When will you be in town?

BBQ:

Jack Stack's crown rib and Gate's burnt ends. Okie Joe's best in town seasoned french fries. Bryant's sauce and pulled pork served with pickles. These are a few of my favorite things...

hitchhiker
09-11-2006, 10:21 PM
New Marauder owner right here. Getting ready to make my second payment on it.

When will you be in town?

BBQ:

Jack Stack's crown rib and Gate's burnt ends. Okie Joe's best in town seasoned french fries. Bryant's sauce and pulled pork served with pickles. These are a few of my favorite things...

You got that right!

Gates and Bryants!

I'll be in Overland Park area. I am looking for rooms available on Craig's List now and have a few replies to sort through. Beats paying for a hotel and I get to live in a nice neighborhood too!

Best Regards,

Dave

hitchhiker
09-11-2006, 10:22 PM
HwyCruiser lives down there, plus a few others. Then you have me a few hours up in the Omaha area.

I hope to meet up with some KC Marauder people while I'm there!

HwyCruiser
09-11-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm in OP... I'll PM you my cell phone #. Give me a call one of these evenings and we'll figure something out. We should be able to scratch a couple Marauders up around here.

Hauser717
09-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I'll be in Overland Park area.

I'm guessing you'll be contracting to a certain wireless provider that has a very large presense in OP?

RoyLPita
09-12-2006, 03:49 AM
PM maraudernkc. He is our Procharger guy and I believe that he lives there too.

hitchhiker
09-24-2006, 10:27 AM
I have settled in Overland Park for a few months contract at YRC transportation.

I Will be doing PeopleSoft and mainframe work for them.

Went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast today.

As usual, the best breakfast around!

Hope to see some KC area Marauder folks while I'm here and get some more of that great KC BBQ!

I am living in a household that likes watching football and has HDTV!

Yes!

Regards

Dave

LVMarauder
09-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Jack Stack BBQ In Martin City, MO has something called burnt ends that are simply amazing.

hitchhiker
09-24-2006, 10:38 AM
There is supposed to be one of those near here!

I will look for it.

Hauser717
09-24-2006, 11:46 AM
The closest one is at 95th and Metcalf. I work on the Sprint campus. When do you take lunch?

hitchhiker
09-24-2006, 11:56 AM
That is close to where I am staying.

I am working at Yellow (YRC) on Roe. I don't know what my lunch times will be yet, but I can go there at dinner time. I will PM you when I know more.

Regards,

Dave

HwyCruiser
09-24-2006, 01:13 PM
That is close to where I am staying.

I am working at Yellow (YRC) on Roe. I don't know what my lunch times will be yet, but I can go there at dinner time. I will PM you when I know more.

Regards,

Dave

Hmmm, Jack Stacks BBQ. :drool:

Let me know what works out for you guys and I'll be there!

jabird56
09-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Target a MM Saturday in Oct for an outing, and you might even see me cruise down from Omaha. My Saturdays are open for the 14th and the 21st.

MarauderTJA
09-24-2006, 06:02 PM
I have settled in Overland Park for a few months contract at YRC transportation.

I Will be doing PeopleSoft and mainframe work for them.

Went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast today.

As usual, the best breakfast around!

Hope to see some KC area Marauder folks while I'm here and get some more of that great KC BBQ!

I am living in a household that likes watching football and has HDTV!

Yes!

Regards

Dave

I am heading out to KC this Saturday. Arriving around 1:15 PM at MCI. Will be working in Sedalia all week. Fly back home the following Saturday. Hooking up with Greg of F.I.T. on Saturday while there. Love the KC Bar-b-que as well. If you there then, maybe we could get together for dinner some night.

gohogs
09-24-2006, 06:43 PM
How long you going to be in town? I'm busy for the next three weeks with visitors, (that's life in the Ozarks), and I've been wanting to visit KC Copcars in N. Kansas City. I'm in the Arkansas Ozarks about 200 miles away, but might be there for a weekend. Conversely, you might consider a weekend in the Bull Shoals Lake, Norfork Lake, Branson area!

MarauderTJA
09-25-2006, 06:10 AM
How long you going to be in town? I'm busy for the next three weeks with visitors, (that's life in the Ozarks), and I've been wanting to visit KC Copcars in N. Kansas City. I'm in the Arkansas Ozarks about 200 miles away, but might be there for a weekend. Conversely, you might consider a weekend in the Bull Shoals Lake, Norfork Lake, Branson area!

Going out onthis Saturday, September 30th and I head back home to Florida on October 7th. I have been to Bull Shoals in the Ozarks before. Pretty area. But I am anxious to get back home. Picking up my car on Monday with the new forged monster mod-motor installed:D .

O's Fan Rich
09-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Does this mean you'll be the "offical" contact for memebers who wish to have some BBQ sent out to us?
Do I smell a group buy?:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :drool: :drool: :drool:

MarauderTJA
09-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Does this mean you'll be the "offical" contact for memebers who wish to have some BBQ sent out to us?
Do I smell a group buy?:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ahhhhhh, nice try Rich. But I will let you know how the KC Bar-B-q is first hand.:D

hitchhiker
09-25-2006, 09:56 AM

I completed an engagement in Lowell, AR earlier this year.

I expect to be kn KC a few months.

Look forward to seeing you when you come up this way!

I have three properties in the Ozarks for retirement and investment purposes.

Regards,

Dave

hitchhiker
09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Jack Stacks BBQ at 95th and Metcalf in KC tonight!

http://www.catalogs.com/img/covers/full/cov_jackstack09-06.jpg

Yes!

HwyCruiser
09-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Jack Stacks BBQ at 95th and Metcalf in KC tonight!

http://www.catalogs.com/img/covers/full/cov_jackstack09-06.jpg

Yes!

Good stuff! *BURP*

cgm9999
09-27-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm two hours west in Manhattan, KS. Don't forget Zarda's or Wyandotte Bar-B-Que II on 75th. Anyone that says they've got better BBQ than KC has never been to KC. Enjoy your trip, Johnson County is one of the nicest places in the nation.

hitchhiker
09-28-2006, 06:04 AM
Great BBQ and great company!

Nice meeting you HwyCruiser.

Love your S/C Marauder!

Best Regards,

Dave

HwyCruiser
09-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Great BBQ and great company!

Nice meeting you HwyCruiser.

Love your S/C Marauder!

Best Regards,

Dave

Dave, my pleasure buddy. Give me a shout when you get settled in and we'll go hit the town, there's definately plenty to do and see around here!

Hauser717
09-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Wish I'd seen your post yesterday so I could have met up with you. I've been wanting a nice plate of the crown rib for some time.

hitchhiker
09-29-2006, 07:41 AM
Again?

Are you KC folks game for BBQ again one night next week, same place?

Let me know.