PDA

View Full Version : Underbody Valet lights installed

DEFYANT
09-13-2006, 09:59 AM
All I can say is WOW!

What a quality kit. I had to remind myself this was put together by a member of this board and not a vendor or other professional. You would think this was a mass produced part offered by a business.

The directions were fantastic also. He even listed the size sockets that were need. There really is no guess work involved here. This kit is on par with the layout of the Trilogy kit directions.

Thanks for making this happen Shakes!

Here's a few pics. They're not the best, but you get the idea:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/6/4/4/DrkDfynt3.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/6/4/4/DrkDfynt2.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/6/4/4/DrkDfynt.JPG

:beer:

merc
09-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Wow, I will have to think about that mod, very nice indeed.

Raudermaster
09-13-2006, 10:19 AM
That looks cool! They don't seem that bright in the picture though? Maybe it's the camera. Where do they bolt up too?

Bradley G
09-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Sweet Charlie!
Nice Job Marc!:bows:

Tallboy
09-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Even beautiful pictures like the ones Charlie posted do not do this mod justice!

Marc did a hell of a job on this kit, and I love mine! :)

shakes_26
09-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Quit it I'm blushing already.

Raudermesiter, yeah the pictures just can't do it justice, your eye is so much more sensitive. They bolt into the frame as the Ford OEM designed ones did (until they were discontinued for lack of sales).

Brad, thanks

duhtroll
09-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Are they also running lights? (while driving)

Price?

BruteForce
09-13-2006, 11:41 AM

Price?

On my Ford OEM kit, if i turn on the interior lights (while driving or otherwise), the valet lights turn on too. :P

shakes_26
09-13-2006, 01:13 PM
No they aren't running lights, that would be too rice-ish (IMNSHO). But they will come on if you turn the interior lights on while driving.

They could be configured to never be on when the car is running (therefore would only work before car is started or after key turned off).

Price? You missed the recent summer sale $115 shipping incl., regular price however is $159 shipping included for MM.net members. Go here link to order (http://www.marauderconcepts.com):eek: (http://www.marauderconcepts.com/):alone: (http://www.marauderconcepts.com)

But if you can find the link to the summer sale, I'll honor that price. Hint, use the search tool.

Price?

MarauderTJA
09-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Looks great Charlie! Mine will be going in hopefully this weekend.

Gee Marc, I thought when they lite up there would be dancing girls in red under the car:lol:

shakes_26
09-13-2006, 01:52 PM
only when you break into the 11's :eek:

Looks great Charlie! Mine will be going in hopefully this weekend.

Gee Marc, I thought when they lite up there would be dancing girls in red under the car:lol:

Tallboy
09-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Quit it I'm blushing already.

Raudermesiter, yeah the pictures just can't do it justice, your eye is so much more sensitive. They bolt into the frame as the Ford OEM designed ones did (until they were discontinued for lack of sales).

Brad, thanks

No, you're not.

You're an out-of-control egomaniac who must be stopped.

:D

Marauderjack
09-13-2006, 02:09 PM
I got mine on last weekend.....GREAT KIT AND LOOKS GOOD!!!!:beer: :bows:

I :pimp: 'ed my ride and everyone likes it!!:eek:

Marauderjack:burnout:

MarauderTJA
09-13-2006, 04:01 PM
only when you break into the 11's :eek:

Bring the dancing girl lights with you to SSHS6;)

sweetair
09-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Charlie, looks great. The instructions look 1st rate. Just need some time to get mine on.

Cheeseheadbob
09-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey, what else you got for the post-summer sale? I sure would like some sort of nuclear powered turbo charged cold air intake system. You got any of those laying around? Of course, I expect free shipping for this item! P.S. your light system rocks. Still works great after a Maryland winter where the solution to snow removal is; if we put enough salt on it, it will melt.....eventually. Thanks for everything, Marc!:beer:

But if you can find the link to the summer sale, I'll honor that price. Hint, use the search tool.

O's Fan Rich
09-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Let me tell you.... do the drill and tap method.
I repeat DO THE DRILL AND TAP METHOD!
I went out and bought 5/16 x 18 x 1 body bolts... I don't have metric taps.

These are wonderful things!!! But do the drill and tap method.

You can thank me later...

DEFYANT
09-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Let me tell you.... do the drill and tap method.
I repeat DO THE DRILL AND TAP METHOD!
I went out and bought 5/16 x 18 x 1 body bolts... I don't have metric taps.

These are wonderful things!!! But do the drill and tap method.

You can thank me later...

Geez! Thanks for bringing that up. I forgot to mention that. Yes! +1 what Rich said.

And use quality drill bits too.

shakes_26
09-16-2006, 07:30 PM
See the original post, I believe I strongly suggested that. Its also in the instructions.

Its not impossible to drive them in, but your better off with a drill and tap philosophy.

DEFYANT
09-16-2006, 07:56 PM
I tried to drive the bolt in w/o tapping the hole first. The frame laughed at the bolt!

O's Fan Rich
09-16-2006, 08:18 PM
I tried to drive the bolt in w/o tapping the hole first. The frame laughed at the bolt!

Those self tappers suck diidley uck!

Get the gad dang freakin' tap!
Marc did tell me and all ... but I thought I knew better ... oh I thought I knew better...

Get the tap!!!!

But OH dem lights iz nice....

SouLRioT
09-17-2006, 08:50 AM
You guys are finally now seening what I have had for over a year now. Great product and service (ofcourse hes just down the street from me). And its still working like the first day.

Thank you again Marc.