PDA

View Full Version : Ford 4.6 N00B

bryanthomas
09-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey guys, as some of you may know my Marauder has been my first hands on experience with a Ford 4.6. I've loved it! Since purchasing and modding it I have become more and more interested in learning about the 4.6 family of V8s. I've been lurking on a lot of Mustang forums because I am interested in discovering what kind of potential these motors have.

The trend I have noticed is the 300 HP club. It seems with basic bolt ons (intake, headers, exhaust, pulleys) and a tune the 2V, 3V, and 4V 4.6s are all more than willing to put out 300/300+ RWHP. Even here on MM.net us N/A guys are always shooting for that magic number.

Now my questions. What are the pros and cons of 2V, 3V, & 4V N/A Mustangs? Let's say for this discussion we are comparing a Bullitt, a Mach 1, and an '06 GT. Each car has your basic bolt ons and a good tune. How will they perform in relation to one another? I'm not just talking 1/4 mile numbers, but all across the power band.

I apologize as I am sure this discussion is elementary to most members here, but I am a newbie when it comes to Mustangs and Fords in general. I'm always interested in learning anything new when it pertains to cars. Thanks for reading!