PDA

View Full Version : Gasoline @ $1.15 a gallon?

DeadVic
09-14-2006, 12:10 PM
I find this to be a bit too "glass is half full" but it's nice to have a dream.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003257679_oilconsumers14.html

mrjones
09-14-2006, 12:54 PM
It would be nice, but I don't really believe that we'll see it again. The companies and stations are way too slow to drop prices. Last year when the hurricanes came, gas immediately went to near $3.

Prices have been dropping in our area. I've heard about it selling for less than $2 in Houston now. I know someone who bought it in Humble last weekend for $2.17.

I just got in a load of diesel at work today, priced at $1.79 per gallon. Now, that price doesn't include about $.45 worth of tax, which should put the retail pump price around what, $2.25 - $2.30? Right now, gas is at $2.39, but diesel is at $2.74.

I'm in the wrong business.

BTW - I thought about taking a road trip to your neck of the woods this weekend. SFA is play Arizona in Tucson. I guess I really don't need to drive that far to see an asswhoopin' though!

VNMUS
09-14-2006, 01:20 PM
I was paying $3.37 for premium in SD just 3 weeks ago.

Merc-O-matic
09-14-2006, 02:07 PM
TWO WORDS: "Election Time"
After the Election's are over.....back to $3-4 bucks a gallon!

Gotta Love It!:bigcry:

duhtroll
09-14-2006, 03:55 PM
My thoughts exactly!

This is also the time we talk about gay marriage and prayer in schools. Funny how these things come up every 2 or 4 years.

If there is anything more corrupt than our political system, it's big oil.

TWO WORDS: "Election Time"
After the Election's are over.....back to $3-4 bucks a gallon!

Gotta Love It!:bigcry:

ncmm
09-14-2006, 03:59 PM
it's kinda sad when I think that $2.33 is cheap. Let it go down to a buck a gallon, I'd be happy!

bigmerc'03
09-14-2006, 09:09 PM
here in marietta the cheapest i've seen is 229 a gallon for regular

whoskal
09-14-2006, 09:41 PM
premium is back down to 2.99 a gallon here

jerrym3
09-15-2006, 06:59 AM
There is a "method to the madness" issue here regarding the lowering cost of oil.

If the price keeps dropping, the urge to find new oil or better ways to get the oil out of the ground could diminish. Same for the search for alternative fuels.

There's a fine breaking point where we pay through the nose without complaining.

baltimoremm
09-15-2006, 11:14 AM
There's a fine breaking point where we pay through the nose without complaining.

I think people will always complain no matter what the price, I think the true breaking point is when people start making large sacrifices or changing driving habits. Even when it hit 3.30 for premium around here, I wasnt making any significant changes in lifestyle. I hope it doesnt get high enough to reach my breaking point (whatever that may be)

jerrym3
09-15-2006, 11:19 AM
A year ago, when gas was well under $2 per gallon, I never gave it a thought.

Katrina happened, and all of a sudden it became an issue, for me, anyway.

StevenJ
09-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I think people will always complain no matter what the price, I think the true breaking point is when people start making large sacrifices or changing driving habits. Even when it hit 3.30 for premium around here, I wasnt making any significant changes in lifestyle. I hope it doesnt get high enough to reach my breaking point (whatever that may be)

Yes but if that were true, there would be no more high performance automotive enthusiast like us and certainly no more V8s! :beer: Gotta give sometimes. Fact is, supply is catching up with demand. Will it go up after winter? Yeah probably. When driving season starts again, yeah it's likely. Will it go up to $4 or $5? Probably not.