PDA

View Full Version : R-e-s-p-e-c-t

Bobby Clobber
09-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Is it just me or when people refer to our cars it's always " THE MARAUDER"

Like in " Can you move " THE MARAUDER " so I can get out of the driveway vs, " can you get your car out of my way?

Or " Are we taking my car or "THE MARAUDER " ?

And , " you're driving the truck , where's " THE MARAUDER "

And " My car's a mess , how do you keep " THE MARAUDER " so clean and shiney ?

Anyone else experienced this phenom ?:burnout: :burnout: :beer:

Marauderman
09-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Yes --All the time---even with other names--as others will mentioned on there cars as well-------some of which are, "beast, hot-rod, black beauty, your fast car, your Marauder, The Marauder, etc...it goes on and on.....its cool, eh!!

whoskal
09-15-2006, 03:31 PM
:lol: It's so true!

VNMUS
09-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Nothing wrong with that. 'The Marauder' deserves the respect!

fastblackmerc
09-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Happens all the time.... Isn't it great!!!!

Pat
09-15-2006, 04:55 PM
I always refer to my car as the Marauder ever since I bought it. So does my wife and kids. "Honey are we taking my car or the Marauder" or "Dad, let's take the Marauder, mom's car sucks". She has an 05 Grand Marquis. LOL

Cheeseheadbob
09-15-2006, 05:00 PM
My name for the car: "The Marauder"
My kids' name for the car: "The Marauder"
My wife's name for the car: "That F***kin' car!"

Hotrauder
09-15-2006, 05:06 PM
These cars definately get eyes. They are big, beautiful and very well cared for. Most are to loud and to bold for grammy cars, scary fast and rare. What else do you need to know. Those who do not show respect generally get their clock cleaned. The Universe rests easy. Dennis:D

jim geary
09-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Your wife and mine must be related. Or they think we drive the same car.

DefyantExWife
09-15-2006, 05:08 PM
its a damn car. If it were a Mustang, we'd be like "move the friggin mustang" or "move the pinto so I can get out of the driveway."

You all are nuts. all except Cheesehead's wife.

ROB502
09-15-2006, 05:16 PM
The kids call the Marauder. "Smokie" because of blue smoke out the tail pipes when cranked that Ford said was normal. Or the other name for it from the seven year old "Mar-Do-Er" . She was only four when she name it such.:)

Hotrauder
09-15-2006, 05:17 PM
its a damn car. If it were a Mustang, we'd be like "move the friggin mustang" or "move the pinto so I can get out of the driveway."

Of course they are all cars, except for sparkely purple PT Cruisers with a moon roof and about 15 other MODS, Sweetpea. Now go get in the corner:P Dennis

Bluerauder
09-15-2006, 05:22 PM
its a damn car.

My wife occasionally refers to "Bluerauder" as "The Damn Thing" as in:

Are you gonna wash that damn thing again today.

I think that you are obsessed with that damn thing.

DefyantExWife
09-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Of course they are all cars, except for sparkely purple PT Cruisers with a moon roof and about 15 other MODS, Sweetpea. Now go get in the corner:P Dennis

:D dont forget the flames ;)

"That damn thing" would have flames, dangit.

DEFYANT
09-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Dont listen to her.

The kids and I call it "The Marauder" also. And so does she :rolleyes:

NATEHAWK
09-15-2006, 06:36 PM
This girl i know calls my car The Knight Rider

SamF
09-15-2006, 07:24 PM
My wife's name for the car: "That F***kin' car!"

Exactly :beer:

sweetair
09-15-2006, 08:22 PM
My wife's name for the car: "That F***kin' car!"My wife's used to be that as well. It's scary that now she calls it "The Marauder" as well.

O's Fan Rich
09-16-2006, 05:09 AM

Hey there, Woman... show some respect. You have to use a capital "P" in Pinto!

MarauderTJA
09-16-2006, 02:35 PM
My wife calls my car "the Marauder" but somewhat in a negative tone. For example, when talking with her girlfriend on buying something new for the house, clothes, or whatever, it is, "he has no money, he spends it all on "THE MARAUDER.".......oh well......:D

fastblackmerc
09-16-2006, 02:44 PM
My wife calls my car "the Marauder" but somewhat in a negative tone. For example, when talking with her girlfriend on buying something new for the house, clothes, or whatever, it is, "he has no money, he spends it all on "THE MARAUDER.".......oh well......:D
Same thing happens at my house.... I tell the wife I could spend the money on booze & loose women or "THE MARAUDER".... :D

MarauderTJA
09-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Same thing happens at my house.... I tell the wife I could spend the money on booze & loose women or "THE MARAUDER".... :D

I hear ya, "or gambling, boats, hunting & fishing trips, new guns, a new truck, another Harley, maybe a chopper, get a plane, blah blah blah." Sometimes that just don't understand our passion...I think my wife is a tad jealous....oh well:D .

Marauderman
09-16-2006, 06:50 PM
I hear ya, "or gambling, boats, hunting & fishing trips, new guns, a new truck, another Harley, maybe a chopper, get a plane, blah blah blah." Sometimes that just don't understand our passion...I think my wife is a tad jealous....oh well:D .

Yeah.......My wife said........get a hobby.......so I did......and after a whole lot of $$$$$$$$$$...........and I keep saying,."but you said get a hobby ....cause I don't have one...right......? !"

STLR FN
09-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Is it just me or when people refer to our cars it's always " THE MARAUDER"

Like in " Can you move " THE MARAUDER " so I can get out of the driveway vs, " can you get your car out of my way?

Or " Are we taking my car or "THE MARAUDER " ?

And , " you're driving the truck , where's " THE MARAUDER "

And " My car's a mess , how do you keep " THE MARAUDER " so clean and shiney ?

Anyone else experienced this phenom ?:burnout: :burnout: :beer:Yep every day and enjoy every minute.

DEFYANT
09-16-2006, 07:24 PM

:lol:

I must have said that a dozen times!

davidholland
09-17-2006, 04:36 AM
My son nick named mine the Bling. as in the Bling ride.

RedMerc04
09-17-2006, 01:19 PM
In Highschool everyone refered to it as "The Big Red Machine"
My dad simply calls it "Mo" and my mom refers to it as "that loud thing"