Why do I waste my time...

CRUZTAKER
09-17-2006, 04:14 PM
The saying goes....

"I hate football, I live in Cleveland"

Get straight man.:D

Logan
09-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Kinda like why do we bother getting out of bed every day, knowing in our heart of hearts, nothing will change, the world is doomed and is moments away from absolute destruction and nothing we do matters anyway...

It's Hope.

...awww **** it, I'm goin' back to bed. Screw this..

...and I'm the optimist in the family. :D

CRUZTAKER
09-17-2006, 04:19 PM
No.
Youv'e got it all wrong.

It's really simple.

The Browns suck.

My LIFE is good. If not better than good.
However...
The Browns suck.

They suck worse than the Bucs.

The Bucs need to suck for like...60 more years...and then...then...they may suck like the Browns do.

DarthMarauder
09-17-2006, 04:22 PM
That aint nothing try being a Lions fan. LOL What a joke team.

jimlam56
09-17-2006, 04:44 PM
My pain is eased somewhat by your responses.
I know what losing means, been a Buc fan for 30 years plus...
But this year held so much promise...0-2...

Rick-n-Miami
09-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Being a "Miami fan" of any sport, once meant that you had a winning team, always in the run for some championship. This weekend was a nightmare. The Miami Hurricanes fell out of the AP Top 25 for the first time in 7 years. The Miami Dolphins are now 0-2. The Florida (Miami) Marlins lost a huge game in the 10th with a HUGE lead, probably eliminating any chances at the playoffs.

Sigh...

Motorhead350
09-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I can top you all off. I don't care about sports at all... really.

Hotrauder
09-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Don't get me wrong as I am in a rut. I am watching and I don't care who wins. In fact somedays I hope both teams lose. I hate all those bastages. No exceptions. :rofl: Dennis

STLR FN
09-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Well... just look at my sig......:D

duhtroll
09-17-2006, 05:29 PM
I have no sympathy for y'all. My Bears are finally doing well and hopefully this year they won't all get injured.

supa_carrot
09-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Who Dey !! Go Bengals.

STLR FN, next Sunday you shall be my enemy. Even though I hate the Steelers every week.

CRUZTAKER
09-17-2006, 05:54 PM
This weekend was a nightmare..... The Florida Marlins lost a huge game in the 10th with a HUGE lead, probably eliminating any chances at the playoffs....

Cry me a river...:D
The only time in my short life on this earth the Tribe goes to the world series and what team farks them raw in front of a fans that forget in two years...?

The tribe brings all new meaning to LOSER.

The Marlins rock. Trust me.;)

Logan
09-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I barely understand what football is. Seems exceptionally retarded to me...

CRUZTAKER
09-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Well that is indeed a good thing sir.

Because I firmly believe the majority of American homo-sapiens will attest...

F the Cowboys!

There.

I said it.

:hide:

GarageMahal
09-17-2006, 06:09 PM
I barely understand what football is. Seems exceptionally retarded to me...

Pre season Hockey starts this week :)

O's Fan Rich
09-17-2006, 06:29 PM
I like football.

Bradley G
09-17-2006, 06:35 PM
We gonna kick some serious butt.:neener:
I have no sympathy for y'all. My Bears are finally doing well and hopefully this year they won't all get injured.

STLR FN
09-17-2006, 06:55 PM
We gonna kick some serious butt.:neener:But kicking the Lions' pansy assess don't count.

KillJoy
09-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Sigh...my Bucs lost again...

Mine Didn't!!

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/091606aaa.html

KillJoy

The Big Stu
09-17-2006, 09:12 PM
i am not a sports fan at all, but I just wanted to make a small post about Houston teams.

Basketball: Do we still have a team? I have not heard anything about basketball since like '98 when we won the second championship in a row. Aftert that...nothing...except for a couple days when we had this tall Asian guy. I have not heard the Rockets mentioned in years.

Soccer: Who cares.

Hockey: I am sure if we have a team, it sucks. Houston is too hot for a hockey team to be good.

Baseball: For you baseball fans out there, try supporting a team that spends half the season trying to see just how bad they can suck, and then the other half winning just enough to make it into the playoffs as the last seed. Now that they are in the playoffs they get you excited by looking good, and then right when it matters most, they tank it right into the ground. Or else they get shut out of their first world series ever. If all that was not bad enough we repeatedly use a closer that loses every game he shows up to...we are up by twelve and it is the bottom of the ninth...put in Lidge...he can lose the lead for us.

Football: How do you cheer on a team with no mascot? Lions, Bengals, Bears, Texans...explain that to me. How do you cheer on a Texan? At least Pirates, and Cowboys have an image you can build on...A New Orleans Saint is either a football player, or someone who rescued a plasma tv from the hurricane. A Houston Texan is someone who lives in Houston, TX.

I don't know if there are anymore sports out there, but I am sure our team sucks if there is.

Just my opinion.

Bluerauder
09-18-2006, 06:31 AM
F the Cowboys!

There.

I said it.

Washington Redskins tried to do that yesterday and made a dayum poor job of it. :o Dallas was all over Brunnel. At one point in the 4th quarter, Washington penalty yards were more than their total yardage (100 vs 87). Can't believe that I stayed up to watch the whole thing ... hoping for the miracle that never happened. Joe Gibbs ain't gonna be happy at the post game review. Congrats Dallas 27-10. :(

duhtroll
09-18-2006, 06:40 AM
One thing's "fer shure":

Dallas deserves T.O. as much as Oakland deserves Randy Moss.

The Lions deserve to lose every game because Mike Martz is an idiot who thinks he is god of offensive coordinators. "Greatest show on turf" indeed. :rolleyes:

SID210SA
09-18-2006, 07:17 AM
Well that is indeed a good thing sir.

Because I firmly believe the majority of American homo-sapiens will attest...

F the Cowboys!

There.

I said it.

EXCUSE YOU!!!!

The Cowboys rock!! They may have lost T.O. last night to a broken bone in his hand (2-4 weeks) but didn't do much with him and dont need him anyway, and finally Vanderjagt came thru with a 50 yarder....:woohoo:

COWBOYS are AMERICAS TEAM

O's Fan Rich
09-18-2006, 07:34 AM
http://rich.longbros.com/images/Ravens.jpg

Bradley G
09-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Worry Not, You'll get a turn!:fishslap:
But kicking the Lions' pansy assess don't count.

Bradley G
09-18-2006, 07:38 AM
COWBOYS are AMERICAS TEAM (Quote)
Plase correct your post to;"WAS"

duhtroll
09-18-2006, 07:59 AM
I had to watch the Cowgirls every frickin' Sunday while growing up because they owned (or should I say pwned?) the network. "Next Sunday, we'll see Dallas again, who are 2-11 against the Girls Scouts of America. The Girl Scouts are giving 5 points in this contest. . ."

duhtroll
09-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Dude, someone musta left a window open, 'cuz there's a crow flyin' around in here.

http://rich.longbros.com/images/Ravens.jpg

Marauderman
09-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Sigh...my Bucs lost again...
Why do I waste my time...

BUT--one of us will when when we play each other---Dayum--Panthers too are 0-2--crap

BLACKMARAUDER04
09-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Life is great if you are a BEARS fan!!!!!!!!!!

GA-Marauder
09-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Falcons are doing ok so far. Pretty early though! Certain things will always look good for them for sure...

duhtroll
09-18-2006, 12:00 PM
1) Never underestimate the Bears' ability to blow a big lead. Or any Chicago team for that matter. The announcer even said: "Now that they have this lead expect them to sit back in that soft cover 2 defense."

Only idiots do that, which is why they blow leads so often (historically). Had Detroit not shot themselves repeatedly in both feet it would have been a game.

2) Carolina always comes back.

3) I may be incorrect, but the Sunday night games in HD seem to feature more cheerleader shots. I can't remember what team I was watching last week that had the really hot cheerleaders in the red outfits.

Count me in for Sunday nights.

Loco1234
09-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Im an Eagles fan..... ...and we say ***** T.O.! and the Cowboys!!!!

ofcourse we can't even beat the Giants in overtime.... arg it's gonna be along year...

atleast you guys know your teams are gonna lose... Nope not the Eagles ...They get your hopes all up like their gonna be good and KaPow... They ****** it up somehow....

Maybe McNabe is cursed since he drove drunk through the cemetary in Syracuse in college to avoid the cops....

VNMUS
09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
I've been a huge Bears for many years. Been kinda tough the last few years living in Vikings country. At last things are looking up. As long as we can beat the Packers every year I'm happy. What a great start to the season. MN this week to take the lead in the division! :D

Go Bears!

STLR FN
09-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Jackasses lost.... WTF was Cowher thinking.

jimlam56
09-19-2006, 02:38 AM

Now You Too Can Join Us...:mad2:

SID210SA
09-19-2006, 05:58 AM

Not only did they loose but they got shut out!:D

Bluerauder
09-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Not only did they lose but they got shut out!:D
In the lowest scoring game in the history of Monday Night Football 9-0. And, the Steelers joined the ranks of other Superbowl Champions that got skunked in the season following their trophy.

SID210SA
09-19-2006, 08:54 AM
In the lowest scoring game in the history of Monday Night Football 9-0. And, the Steelers joined the ranks of other Superbowl Champions that got skunked in the season following their trophy.

Yeah I think only the Fourth team to do so...

Bluerauder
09-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah I think only the Fourth team to do so...
Third if you count the fact that the Steelers did it twice. :rolleyes: