PDA

View Full Version : My new Panther...

AstroVic
09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Well, I'm now officially a "member of the club" as Wes likes to say. :)

I just got home from picking up my new black 2003 Marauder. I had a huge grin on my face the entire 130-mile trip back home. ;)

The car is simply beautiful and amazing in every way.

jgc61sr2002
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Congrats:D :congrats: Enjoy your new ride.:D

cvpi71
09-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Kool I can't wait to see teh pictures. Did you buy it from texas direct dealer on ebay?

AstroVic
09-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Pics will follow as soon as I can get them for y'all. :)

AstroVic
09-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Did you buy it from texas direct dealer on ebay?

No. I got it from a small-town Ford/Mercury dealership near Waco, Texas. The car was previously owned by a local preacher. It's nearly flawless. Whooop! :)

jdando
09-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Congratulations!

Let the mods begin!

jeremy

AstroVic
09-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Let the mods begin!

Hahahhaa!

Nope! This one is staying bone stock! I don't even want to tint the windows, despite my wife's objections!

Bone stock, I tell you. Bone stock. :)

Mard
09-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Hahahhaa!

Nope! This one is staying bone stock! I don't even want to tint the windows, despite my wife's objections!

Hope you have good will power. Keep reading here...... and you will eventually break (like me).

texasvic
09-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Bone stock, I tell you. Bone stock.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Congratulations Todd!

MarauderTJA
09-18-2006, 04:21 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: on joining the collective here. You might as well get another job. Mods will become an obsession for you:D. There is nothing like owning a Marauder:up: .

SamF
09-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Hahahhaa!

I've heard that here before. Good luck... :D

Bluerauder
09-18-2006, 04:51 PM
I just got home from picking up my new black 2003 Marauder. I had a huge grin on my face the entire 130-mile trip back home. ;)

Congrats on your new ride and welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net.

You'll have that grin every day ... there is no known cure. :D

jimlam56
09-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Hahahhaa!

HA!
That's what I said...

RoyLPita
09-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Congratulations. Enjoy your "new" ride.

Marauder2005
09-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the machine and the collective. :D

ssmoke14
09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
congratulations on your Marauder.

Hotrauder
09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Congrats on your new Marauder. Go to a couple of meets and drive or ride in other Marauders, see the mods others have done. Be a shame to miss the fun of making your Marauder YOURS. Dennis:)

VNMUS
09-18-2006, 07:25 PM
We need pics! :P

baltimoremm
09-19-2006, 11:22 AM
if you dont mind me asking....why the choice to keep it bone stock?

MarauderTJA
09-19-2006, 11:25 AM

Trust me, he won't last long with the bone stock idea.;)

AstroVic
09-19-2006, 12:58 PM

Honestly?

I think the car is absolutely perfect exactly how it came from the factory.

I really can't see myself messing with perfection.
:beer:

RoyLPita
09-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Mine is pretty much stock with just a K&N drop in Filter and u/d pullies.

ridinclean
09-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Honestly?

I felt the same way. And then I got a ride in a supercharged Marauder and let me tell you its a completely different car. In a jaw-dropping way that is.

MarauderTJA
09-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Honestly?

Your right for the most part;). But there are some little things that you can do to enhance the car tremendously. One is to get a chip with better transmission shift points and torque converter settings. It will drive 100 % better. Another a JLT cold air kit. Car will breath much much better and you will immediately feel the difference. If you decide to do the chip, get some 4.10's gears. It will move the car much nicer (it is heavy) and not effect your gas mileage much, maybe 1-2 mpg difference. Just some reasonable improvements that makes a world of difference to enjoy your car all the more. One thing you will find here is a wealth of information and threads on virtually anything you may want consider to do down the road. Just use the search button. In the meantime, enjoy your Marauder.:D

Joe Walsh
09-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Hahahhaa!

Why do I get visions of Dorothy's red shoes clicking together....

"There's no way I'll mod...There's no way I'll mod...."

Congrats on your new Marauder.....ENJOY!

Bruce Wayne
09-19-2006, 05:42 PM
previously owned by a preacher, you gotta like that. Maybe he excorcised this car, some of these cars could use it, incl. mine. of course mine is also bone stock, hmmm. I do agree with you though , if it ain't f***ed, don't fix it!

sweetair
09-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Honestly?

:beer:I agree totally. That's exactly how I'm keeping mine......less the small Trilogy blower, widened rims in back, Bear brakes, auxillary tranny cooler with tranny pan with drain plug, real oil meter gauge, dead pedal, just to name a few. Totally stock, I agree. Now this car is nearing perfection. Good luck and enjoy it. It's a lot of fun.:D

stryker
09-19-2006, 08:53 PM
:welcome: ! Welcome to the "M" Panther zone ! Mang I know you and you know me the difference is that I have here other nick, nice to have here mine is stock but i'm making plans to start the mods is not a Marauder but is a Mercury G#@$% M%^$&& L# 2#%@ sorry for this but is that i'm preparing for presenting officially in a thread.

STRYKER.

The Big Stu
09-20-2006, 05:35 AM
I had plans on modding mine before I ever owned one. You may think you don't want to touch it now...just wait till you get beat by a Buick...that will make you reconsider. Good luck holding out...my only set back is money.

ckadiddle
09-20-2006, 08:45 AM
No Mods, huh? Yah, riiiiight. If you drive in city traffic at all, the transmission will drive you crazy. Besides, getting a tune isn't really a Mod, it's a Virtual Mod. So you'd still be Mod-Free.

Enjoy the car. Get a tune, if you never do anything else.