PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Theft Devices

mtenderenda
09-19-2006, 06:08 AM
Wondering if anyone has been thinking of installing in a LoJack or some other Anti-Theft device. You can never know, you'll walk back to where you left your car and see its gone...:hmmm:

jim geary
09-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Any anti- theft device is a good idea. Lo-Jack is one of the better ones.
Just make sure you get the newer version. The one that uses satallite
tracking. If you use the older version that is only ground tracking. And
if theifs put car into container. Like a storage container. No signal. Wa La,
No car. Just a thought. Cause if your going to spend 800.00 you might as
well get your money's worth.

mtenderenda
09-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Thats what I wanted to know...Sounds like you kind of know something about the Unit...Do you have one?:2thumbs:

rozkopeeko
09-19-2006, 11:04 AM
hey you can still track a lojack in a container, i put the lojack extreme in my denali and you are alerted if the car even moves (( their is a key fob on the key ring with your key)))

FastMerc
09-19-2006, 02:54 PM
I checked into it and was told if Police in the area do not use it dont bother,so for piece of mind I did more digging.These cars are not smash and grab items,the car can be hot wirerd but will only run about 10 seconds before it shuts down.Otherwise it is a tow truck taking it.I always leave the front wheels turned full left or right when parked somewhere.

Second Wind
09-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Since the steering doesn't lock on our cars, cranking the steering to one of the stops doesn't help much as far as theft prevention, IMO.

:(

jgc61sr2002
09-19-2006, 06:22 PM
IMO LoJack is one of the best systems available.

ckadiddle
09-20-2006, 09:05 AM
I have "hidden" my car from myself at least three times in the last couple years in the parking garage at work. If I can't find it, neither can the theives. :)