PDA

View Full Version : Firefox woes

Breadfan
09-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Am I the only one having issues with the new version of Firefox? 1.5.07 automatically installed over the weekend and after that Firefox would not connect the the net.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled 1.5.06 and it works fine.

2 days later it went to upgrade again, I figured go ahead maybe I just had a corrupt file...it did and again no net access. (Bascially every place I browse gets "Server unavailable")

Nothing out of place in connection settings, computer is on the local LAN and gets out on all other apps.

I have other systems with 1.5.07 running fine...so I'm kinda confused.

Just seeing if anyone else had a problem...I don't see any bugs reported yet with the new release.

For now I turned off autmoatic updating in Firefox. I suppose I could get deep into this but figured I'd check and see if I'm the only one so far before I head off into the deep caverns of Windows.

Macon Marauder
09-20-2006, 07:05 AM
I use it both at home and the office: no issues so far. But I've seen similar problems with MS IE updates. We sometimes have to run thru the connection wizard for it after an upgrade.

Did you look in Tools, Options, General, Connection Settings to make sure any proxy or DNS settings survived the upgrade?

Oops! I see you already checked your connections. I'm stumped...

jdando
09-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Seems to working okay for me from Laptop and desktop.

jeremy

JACook
09-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Do you have any kind of firewall software running on your computer?
Did you try disabling it?

jabird56
09-20-2006, 08:45 PM
It works fine for me on my laptop, EXCEPT, I get a blank (WHITE) screen when I log into chat. Comments/suggestions?

JACook
09-21-2006, 12:09 AM
It works fine for me on my laptop, EXCEPT, I get a blank (WHITE) screen when I log into chat. Comments/suggestions?

Do you have the flash plugin installed?
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Shoc kwaveFlash

Stock03
09-21-2006, 08:27 PM
The only problem I have with 1.5.0.7 is that it crashes a lot. At least twice a day.

alarmguy
09-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Mine up graded the other day..... ok so far.