PDA

View Full Version : Viper Alarm users!!!!

RR|Suki
09-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I have a question, the install guy couldn't find my wires to tap into the parking lamps, he said there was no wire to it that he could tap behind the switch... was this anyone elses experience? and for those of you who found the wires at question, where are they?

BAD MERC
09-20-2006, 02:05 PM
To activate the lights using a positive trigger, use BROWN. Pin 4, black plug @LCM or, for negative trigger use WHITE/BLACK, Pin 13 of the gray 16-pin plug @ LCM.

RR|Suki
09-20-2006, 04:03 PM
To activate the lights using a positive trigger, use BROWN. Pin 4, black plug @LCM or, for negative trigger use WHITE/BLACK, Pin 13 of the gray 16-pin plug @ LCM.
SWEET... new question: is the LCM in a different spot than usual in our cars? cuz the installer (best buy) said he couldn't find it... WTF

merc6
09-20-2006, 04:08 PM
yeah the manuals they used had wrong colors and locations as well for my instal.

BAD MERC
09-20-2006, 04:16 PM
The LCM is above the loud pedal on the Marauder as well as the Marq and Vic. Your Best Buy installer needs to get his hands OFF your car if he cannot find a simple circuit like exterior illumination. I hope he is not some pimple-faced high school kid that is "good with tools". FYI, there is ONE wire on the LCM that when given a 200 mA ground - it turns on ALL exterior lights. The color was not listed in my tech notes but 19 years of this crap gives you experience.

BAD MERC
09-20-2006, 04:18 PM
One more thing. The LCM (which he couldn't find) also has the door trigger wires and the trunk trigger there too. As well as horn honk and domelight supervision.

RR|Suki
09-21-2006, 05:41 AM
One more thing. The LCM (which he couldn't find) also has the door trigger wires and the trunk trigger there too. As well as horn honk and domelight supervision.

Thank you much sir