PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

SID210SA
09-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Santiago Morlet USMC Ret. Passed away about an hour ago....

The family wishes to pass along it thanks for all the support you have given.

Thanks again.

Lisa Morlet and Mike Hernandez

Bluerauder
09-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Santiago Morlet USMC Ret. Passed away about an hour ago....
So sorry to hear this, Mike. :( Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and comforting to your wife during this difficult period. Santiago is now with all the brave US Marines that have gone before him. :flag:

Bluerauder
09-20-2006, 12:25 PM
So sorry to hear this, Mike. :( Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and comforting to your wife during this difficult period. Santiago is now with all the brave US Marines that have gone before him. :flag:

TAPS

Day is done,
gone the sun,
From the hills,
from the lake,
From the skies.
All is well,
safely rest,
God is nigh.

Go to sleep,
peaceful sleep,
May the soldier
or sailor,
God keep.
On the land
or the deep,
Safe in sleep.

Love, good night,
Must thou go,
When the day,
And the night
Need thee so?
All is well.
Speedeth all
To their rest.

Fades the light;
And afar
Goeth day,
And the stars
Shineth bright,
Fare thee well;
Day has gone,
Night is on.

Thanks and praise,
For our days,
'Neath the sun,
Neath the stars,
'Neath the sky,
As we go,
This we know,
God is nigh.

RoyLPita
09-20-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences for you and your family.

fastblackmerc
09-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Sorry for your loss. God must have needed another of America's finest.

Bradley G
09-20-2006, 01:03 PM
More prayers for strength, through your tough time.

jim geary
09-20-2006, 02:31 PM
May our Lord and savior give you strength to get through this difficult time
in your lives. God Bless.

Marauderman
09-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours--- ....

SergntMac
09-20-2006, 03:56 PM
My condolence my friend, rest in peace Santiago Morlet.

jgc61sr2002
09-20-2006, 04:02 PM
My deepest sympathy. May he Rest in Peace.:flag:

Pat
09-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Mike;

Patricia and I send our condolences and will remember the family in prayer.

3rd Stanza Marine Corps Hymn:

"If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines."
Sir, Santiago Morlet Reporting for duty, Sir

JMan
09-21-2006, 04:13 AM
My most sincere condolences! Remain strong for the family.

God Bless,

J

Hotrauder
09-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Thank you Mike for making us aware. Our condolences to you and the family. Another Marine on duty at Heaven's gate. RIP. Godspeed. Dennis

GAMike
09-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Stay Strong for your wife Mike. It's a tough road as you know, but you will make it through. I am sure Santiago knows she is in good hands.

Meanwhile, heaven gains another hero:flag:

With any luck, some of us will be fortunate enough to join him down the road.

Regards,

SID210SA
09-21-2006, 09:12 AM
I feel so bad about this but happy at the same time.....

You all are my family and I feel that you must know....

Lisa's father, Santiago Morlet, did not pass away.....there was a miscommunication between her and her sister. When Lisa was talking to her sister there was appearantly some commotion going on her sisters end, which led to the miscommunication.....well after Lisa got off the phone with her sister she left work to go home and pack to go to Corpus. She came to my work first to tell me and after she left that is when I let my family here know.
Her brother was already on his way to come pick her up and take her back to Corpus as the Nurse that was taking care of Santiago told the family that it was time that everyone came to see Santiago as he may go at any time.
I got to Lisa's right before her brother arrived so I greeted him at the door. He kind of whispered that his dad was in bad shape, and not thinking I heard him correctly I did not say anything about it. Then he told Lisa that they got a hospital bed yesterday at the house. I looked at him perplexed. and then he said that they got an oxygen tank as well. I told him I was confused and told him that Lisa heard that her dad had passed. He then looked at us funny and asked where we heard that from.

Well now you know the story and I feel bad for telling you that Santiago had passed when infact he did not. I am happy however that Lisa will get to see her father and be there and that he will get to see everyone of his family. I myself will be making the trip down to Corpus tomorrow.

I am so sorry for the missinformation.

Thanks, Mike

Bluerauder
09-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Lisa's father, Santiago Morlet, did not pass away.....there was a miscommunication between her and her sister.

Thanks, Mike
.... FWIW Mike, I don't think getting a head start on the prayers will hurt in the least. Santiago is a good man. I hope his final days are peaceful and without pain. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers as he prepares for his final battle. :flag:

I have three sisters ... so I completely understand the miscommunication problem. ;)

StevenJ
09-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Sorry for your loss. At least he served his country proudly!

SID210SA
09-25-2006, 05:45 AM
Another update:

I got to Corpus on Friday evening....and got to see Santiago, He was having very hard time breathing and was heavily medicated to help with the pain. I was told that one of his lungs has stopped working. The family stayed with him and kept talking to him. He almost seemed to respond to certain voices. But he was in bad shape. A priest came in and prayed over him with Santiago's wife. After the priest prayed over him his breathing troubles seem to have went away. He was breathing better and with out struggle. Then about 30 minutes later Santiago let out a sigh, like it was a sigh of relief and then quietly passed.

The Funeral is tenitively set for Thursday with full Military Honors, and a tribute to Fallen Marines.

I never posted this but Santiago was a Sgt. Maj. I never knew what his rank was until recently.

May you rest in peace Sgt. Maj. Santiago Morlet:flag:

MM03MOK
09-25-2006, 05:53 AM
Mike - hard as it must have been, I know you and Lisa are thankful for one last visit. He's in God's Hands now, at peace and at rest. Knowing family was there had to be a comfort for him, despite his pain. My prayers and blessings continue for you, Lisa and her family.

SID210SA
09-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Thank you Mary and everyone, All but one of his children were there when he passed. 4 boys and 2 girls in all. But he did get to see them and talk to them all before he was unable to communicate with anyone any longer.

JVJ
09-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of a hero, My condolences go out to lisa and family.

SID210SA
09-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Thank you John

Merc-O-matic
09-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Please be assured that now that he has his "Liberty Card" and has
gone ashore for the final time.....he will be meet by the crew of the USS GRAYBACK and all the members of the Navy/Marine Corps Team who have
gone on before him. Time for a few rounds and some "sea stories"!
God Bless You and your family in your time of sorrow.

Semper Fi........:beer:

Hospital Corpsman
United States Navy
Fleet Marine Force
(Retired)

USS GRAYBACK SS-208 Lost 2/26/44 with "All Hands" WWII
including my Uncle Albert Hrudka QM2 (SS) USN age 20.

swiftsloth
09-25-2006, 11:15 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. God Bless.

SID210SA
09-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Sgt. Maj. Morlet's Obituary as written by his Children.....

I am good.

He was a trooper and held on. He loved life so much he had a hard time leaving. Shortly after this last breath, he finally had a genuine smile on his face again. I love you dad!

I know the rosary, viewing and funeral will be as beautiful as he would have wanted to be. My brother shined all the metals on his uniform for him yesterday and my dad had all his shoes lined up and shined already ready.

Thanks for all the support I have gotten from you guys. I will miss my daddy, but what gets me through the day is the smile I saw on his face.

Sargeant Major Morlet Saluted the Lord!

Sargeant Major Santiago Morlet went on to his next duty station to serve the lord Saturday, September 22, 2006 in his home with his immediate family and loyal pets. Born in Laredo, Texas July 25, 1931 to Juanita Perales and Eduardo Morlet, Santiago passionately served the marine Corps 31 years with tours in the Vietnam and Korean conflicts. After retirement, Sgt Major Morlet served 15 more years of civil service with CCAD. He was very proud to have served the government for over 45 years. Survived by his dedicated and loving,spouse Delia, two daughters Toni and Lisa, 5 Sons, Jimmy, Stanley, Sammy, Steven and John; 10 grandchildren and 3 great grand children, Sgt Major was always full of love and wisdom for family and friends. He loved cracking jokes, loving his family and pets, and trying to win the big one at bingo. Admired by many he will surely be missed. He loved life so much.
Visitaton will be from 2pm - 9pm Wednesday September 27 at Memory Gardens off of Old Brownsville Road. The rosary will be at 7pm Wednesday September 27 preceded by the "Fallen Marine Ceremony" at 6:30pm. A time to share memories and honor Sargeant Major Morlet will follow the rosary.
The funeral mass will be Thursday September 28 at 10am at Our Lady of Perpetual Church help on Williams drive followed by the entombment with full military honors at Memory Gardens Funeral Home.

Memory Gardens Funeral Home -
8200 Old Brownsville Rd
361-265-9221

Our lady Of Perpetual Help Church
5830 Williams Drive
CC Texas 78412